Arrelious Benn is.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arrelious Benn is....

......any idea what Andre's contract status is with Houston.Monday night(Tenn/Hou),Jaws was making it sound like his time in Houston was running out,and that he may elect not to stay with them.He is my favorite WR in our beloved NFL.A true #1,prototypical,gamer,and TEAM player.I'd break the bank to put him in aqua/orange(not really,but you know what I mean).Henne/Johnson would be just CRAZY!!! And we'd be bringing our boy back home to top it off!!!

he signed a long term extension not long ago...going nowhere

Andre Johnson signed for 8 years, $60 million in 2007, meaning he has 6 years left on his contract.

Basically, there is a better chance of your deuces turning into money than Fitz or AJ coming to the Fins anytime soon.

Gilyard of Cincy looks just as good....I am watching the Cincy-Illinois game. I also like Pike the Cincy QB. 6'6" and nice mobility and a great arm. Too bad we don't need a QB.

Anyway, off Andre Johnson (who is fast and gifted as all hell, and did run a 4.40 at his mammoth size, and that's one of the reasons he's so good and also one of the reasons he was drafted so high)...

It would surprise me if Arrelious Benn came in as big as he's purported to be. I'm not saying he's small, but it would surprise me if the dude is 6'2" and 220. I just don't think he's that big. The thing you love about him is he has great eyes for the football and he reaches out and grabs it with strong hands. He goes over the middle, not really afraid of anyone that way. He has really good acceleration. But, he can be a pretty lazy route runner, losing focus for entire stretches of games.

He could go high, all the way up into the first round, if he DOES measure out that big and that fast...but I could also see his story deteriorating strongly, were he to measure in something like 6'1" and 209 lbs, and run a 4.54 or something like that...which honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Too much emphasis is place on the 40 time. Get me some football players. Irvin was a football player. I want guys like that on this team. Guys who are emotional. Guys who care. Not guys who run blazing fast 40 times and can't play a lick of football.

Helllllllo Ted Ginn!

the greatest example of that is jerry rice!

Getting away from the 40-time discussion, I like Benn a lot. If the staff sticks to their drafting by two's mold, maybe we see Bryant and Benn in Miami gear? I'm not saying it's the best course of action, but imagine if we had a 1-2 punch at WR like we do at CB? Really, I just like Bryant and Benn, and I'm daydreaming. I don't think there's any chance it'll happen.

Benn would be a great pick in the second round but i've seen a few people say that his hands are a little shaky and that's not what you want to hear about a potential 1st rounder.

Anyway, off Andre Johnson (who is fast and gifted as all hell, and did run a 4.40 at his mammoth size, and that's one of the reasons he's so good and also one of the reasons he was drafted so high)...

It would surprise me if Arrelious Benn came in as big as he's purported to be. I'm not saying he's small, but it would surprise me if the dude is 6'2" and 220. I just don't think he's that big. The thing you love about him is he has great eyes for the football and he reaches out and grabs it with strong hands. He goes over the middle, not really afraid of anyone that way. He has really good acceleration. But, he can be a pretty lazy route runner, losing focus for entire stretches of games.

He could go high, all the way up into the first round, if he DOES measure out that big and that fast...but I could also see his story deteriorating strongly, were he to measure in something like 6'1" and 209 lbs, and run a 4.54 or something like that...which honestly wouldn't surprise me.

i think you may be right about benns actual size...i don't think he's a true 6 ft 2 and 220 but i don't understand why if he was 6 ft 1 and 209 and ran a 4.54 it would effect his draft status that much...

i mean we both agree the acceleration is definitely there...he carries defenders for extra yards i see the ability to separate in and out of cuts...what i don't see is the kind of acceleration off the line at the snap that i see with the ball in his hands when he's headed downhill with his shoulders square but that kind of looks to me like an effort thing that needs to be coached more than a just doesn't have explosion at the snap...

explain to me why it matters so much draft status wise if he comes in an inch shorter than listed and runs a 4.5 forty???

if he's on the board in the mid 2nd round i think he's a flat out steal...he doesn't pop off the screen at me like dez bryant does but in bryant i see more bonafide top 10 in the league #1 wr in benn i see a faster version of anquan boldin...either of which we sure could use

Jerry Rice was a slow receiver. So was Marvin Harrison.

Prime Marvin Harrison changed direction and exploded out of his routes so well. Dude was a killer route-runner.

i think you may be right about benns actual size...i don't think he's a true 6 ft 2 and 220 but i don't understand why if he was 6 ft 1 and 209 and ran a 4.54 it would effect his draft status that much...

i mean we both agree the acceleration is definitely there...he carries defenders for extra yards i see the ability to separate in and out of cuts...what i don't see is the kind of acceleration off the line at the snap that i see with the ball in his hands when he's headed downhill with his shoulders square but that kind of looks to me like an effort thing that needs to be coached more than a just doesn't have explosion at the snap...

explain to me why it matters so much draft status wise if he comes in an inch shorter than listed and runs a 4.5 forty???

if he's on the board in the mid 2nd round i think he's a flat out steal...he doesn't pop off the screen at me like dez bryant does but in bryant i see more bonafide top 10 in the league #1 wr in benn i see a faster version of anquan boldin...either of which we sure could use

It matters because he hasn't done enough. He basically flopped his entire junior season. You can say it's because of a bad QB and an ankle injury he suffered in the first game, but what if it's not that?

At 6'1" and 209 lbs with a 4.54 in the 40, he's really not that interesting a prospect. It might be different if he'd shown some amount of consistency during his career. At 6'2" and 220 pounds running a 4.44, he's a very interesting prospect...even despite the junior year inconsistency. The inches, the pounds, the speed, they matter.

I think you hit the nail on the head with one of his weaknesses. He doesn't seem to get open quickly off the snap. He's got the acceleration with the ball in his hands, and I agree that he runs with a certain heaviness to him that will help him in the NFL, plus what I was saying about the eyes and the hands...but if you're not able to get open quickly in the NFL you won't make it.

Kind of like Chris Chambers.

For as Big as he is, i'd like to see him play with a lil more "balls".

Reminds me of Hakeem Nicks a lil bit. But like i said before i would not draft this guy in the first round....2nd yes...

Back
Top Bottom