Arrelious Benn is.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arrelious Benn is....

I've never been a fan of these 40 times. I grew up watching the GREAT Michael Irvin at the University of Miami in the 1980's. And I remember him dismissing 40 speeds as an illusion of greatness. He was abasolutely right. Irvin said it's all about who wants it more and what their 40 time is in teh fourth quarter with the game on the line after they've been running up and down the field all day with pads on. But when it comes down to it, who has a better 40 time with the game on the line in the fourth quarter. And NO ONE was better in the fourth quarter than Michael Irvin.
i agree. It's amazing how much stock people put into 40 times. Ask Al Davis how those ridiculously fast 40 times are working out. Much like people overrating height. Steve Smith doesn't have to be 6'-4" to elite. Chambers didn't have to be 6'-4" to go up for the ball with the best of em. I just want a WR who breaks a damn tackle every once in a while. I just want a WR who isn't afraid to go up for the ball, or go up the middle of the field.

As for Benn, he's projected to go in the late 1st round. We have no chance at drafting Bryant without trading up imo, so Benn should be available when we pick. If we can't get a McClain or maybe a Jerry Hughes in the 1st, I'd certainly consider him. Also wouldn't be opposed to Gresham either.

The thing about Andre Johnson is that he isn't a finesse wide receiver. Andre Johnson is a MAN among boys. He makes a catch and looks to truck someone. He isn't skipping out of bounds. That's one reason why he's gunning for the yardage crown. And I never said fast doesn't matter. There's certainly a difference between a guy who runs a 4.4 and a guy who runs a 4.7 40 time. But I don't care too much for guys over-analyzing speeds of a guy running a 4.4 and a guy running a 4.5 time.

who's overanalyzing the difference of 1/10 of a second in 40 times??? not me

I've been a fan of this kid for the past few years. Now that he's of age he should be drafted first round. He's in my top 5 for sure.

who's overanalyzing the difference of 1/10 of a second in 40 times??? not me

Guys at the combine. Never said you or anyone here. Guys at the combine and the media are notorious for propping up great 40 times and selling them. It's absurd.

Guys at the combine. Never said you or anyone here. Guys at the combine and the media are notorious for propping up great 40 times and selling them. It's absurd.

i hear that...guys jump 2 rounds or more when they burn the carpet up...and half of them or more can't play football...

just track stars...that's why the game tape should trump all ALWAYS

The thing about Andre Johnson is that he isn't a finesse wide receiver. Andre Johnson is a MAN among boys. He makes a catch and looks to truck someone. He isn't skipping out of bounds. That's one reason why he's gunning for the yardage crown. And I never said fast doesn't matter. There's certainly a difference between a guy who runs a 4.4 and a guy who runs a 4.7 40 time. But I don't care too much for guys over-analyzing speeds of a guy running a 4.4 and a guy running a 4.5 time.

He truly is a man among boys. The dude is a beast, and a fast beast at that. What a great clutch reception that 4th down grab was over Yeremiah Bell a couple of years ago. Here, I found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Ek-vDVMu0

yeah andre johnson is a monster and he's got a good head on his shoulders unlike so many other top wrs...

but make no mistake about it andre johnson has wheels...he's a burner and a physical specimen...

the prototypical nfl wr mold

Anquan Boldin ran a ****ty 40 time, yet he's easily a top 7 WR in the league.

If I'm not mistaken, Fitz didn't exactly win many foot races either.

Speed is overrated as hell.. Give me a guy who runs good, crisp routes, has good hands and can catch the ball in traffic over a speed demon who drops one out of three any day.

we've learned this past year that speed doesn't guarantee a good WR.

This draft, the main WR's to look for are Bryant, Tate, Decker, and probably Briscoe if you are looking for a late round steal.

Too much emphasis is place on the 40 time. Get me some football players. Irvin was a football player. I want guys like that on this team. Guys who are emotional. Guys who care. Not guys who run blazing fast 40 times and can't play a lick of football.

Helllllllo Ted Ginn!
:hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5: :up:!!!!!

yeah andre johnson is a monster and he's got a good head on his shoulders unlike so many other top wrs...

but make no mistake about it andre johnson has wheels...he's a burner and a physical specimen...

the prototypical nfl wr mold
......any idea what Andre's contract status is with Houston.Monday night(Tenn/Hou),Jaws was making it sound like his time in Houston was running out,and that he may elect not to stay with them.He is my favorite WR in our beloved NFL.A true #1,prototypical,gamer,and TEAM player.I'd break the bank to put him in aqua/orange(not really,but you know what I mean).Henne/Johnson would be just CRAZY!!! And we'd be bringing our boy back home to top it off!!!

Back
Top Bottom