Artest gets 30 game suspension | UPDATE - REST OF SEASON | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Artest gets 30 game suspension | UPDATE - REST OF SEASON

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
FOX SPORTS RADIO is reporting Ron Artest will be suspended for 30 games.

Jermain O'Neal and Stephen Jackson will get 20 games.

Ben Wallace will get 5 games

These are all too short in my opinion, but oh well. And they are the only ones reporting this as of now so take it for what its worth. But, FSR is pretty good at this stuff.

30 games? Artest doesn't deserve more than 10.

Nice way to ruin the Pacers season. They are going to suck so bad for the next 20 games. I wouldn't have given any of them more than 10.

It also sucks that Ben Wallace gets less than all of them, because it was him who started all of this.

iceblizzard69 said:
30 games? Artest doesn't deserve more than 10.

Nice way to ruin the Pacers season. They are going to suck so bad for the next 20 games. I wouldn't have given any of them more than 10.

It also sucks that Ben Wallace gets less than all of them, because it was him who started all of this.
ESPN is reporting Artest might get the DEATH PENALTY and a 1-year suspension.

FOX SPORTS RADIO is reporting that it has already came down and the NBA just hasn't announed it publicly yet. And its 30 games. So its who you believe right now.

LIQUID24 said:
30 games is way too much.
Not enough in my opinion.

And I hope ESPN's report of the rest of the season is correct!

You can't go into the stands and hit fans. I don't care what the fans say or throw, you can't do it! When you walk into the stands, hit fans, start a riot..... you probably should be thrown out of the league. 30 games is getting off easy!

iceblizzard69 said:

The reason being he kept it on the court.

30 games, what a joke, it should be at least one year. If not more. This sub-human ***-wipe started a riot. The NBA is dying,and a joke.

Ben is at this point my favorite player in the NBA. I think you can argue his suspension a couple of ways, though. If the fans and the Pacers players didn't act like utter jackasses, would he have even seen a suspension? I doubt it. At the same time, what he did contributed to what happened after it. Artest didn't have any business fouling him hard at the end of that sort of game, but Ben didn't have any business taking such offense at it. Knowing what I do about him, I have to think that Artest wasting his talent on R&B album promotion and asking for time off crawled all over Ben. Ben is the blue collar, hard working, team guy image that any league would love to have, and Ron pissed all over it.

I'm shocked that Jackson and O'Neal are getting off so light. The only thing I can think of is that they are going to ring up Artest for the year, so they're going to go easy on the other two and stagger their suspensions to give the Pacers some sort of chance.

Well Artest is getting what he wanted. Now he can promote the album and get his "rest"

MikeO said:
FOX SPORTS RADIO is reporting Ron Artest will be suspended for 30 games.

Jermain O'Neal and Stephen Jackson will get 20 games.

Ben Wallace will get 5 games

These are all too short in my opinion, but oh well. And they are the only ones reporting this as of now so take it for what its worth. But, FSR is pretty good at this stuff.

I hope to God....David Stern gets punched in his face like that fat f*** who JO knocked out. Seriously. :shakeno:

I think it's fair. I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was Artest, but it was definitely wrong. He took the low road on this one and now he's gotta pay for it. I just hope that jack *** in the white hat who threw the cup does ALOT of community service or something.

Supposedly those #s are wrong and they better be and if not this is complete BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Artest and Jackson should have been suspended at least half the year and Artest should be gone for the year! This is a joke and David Stern should be ashamed of himself. What a joke! I know the fans were idiotic and they deserve to be arrested but Artest incited this brawl and then attacked a fan in the stands so he should have been a gone a MINIMUM of the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom