Artest gets 30 game suspension | UPDATE - REST OF SEASON | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Artest gets 30 game suspension | UPDATE - REST OF SEASON

tehMick said:
Theres a difference between going on the court and going on the court and attacking a player.
In which case, he deserves to get whatever happends to him.
Be it at the hands of law enforcement, mascots, cheerleaders, waterboys, and/or other players.
Exactly.

If you pose a threat to somebody, whatever happens with your life is your own fault.

X-Con said:
No, my credibility is shot down in "your" opinion, one that I really don't care about.

If Artest beat the punk who threw the bottle and hit him in the face to death...that's harsh, but so be it. You start a violent scene, then oh well...you brought it onto yourself.

And for the record, I said I was going to get a Stephen Jackson jersey.

OK I thought I was dealing with a rational person. I stand corrected.

Peace.

ohall said:
OK I thought I was dealing with a rational person. I stand corrected.

Peace.

LOL, thats pretty funny...

Artest deserves to be suspended longer than the rest of the season.

Whenever you take the law into your own hands it usually ends up bad. Getting even or getting revenge just doesn't work. That is why we have laws and a judicial system. I saw Mark Jackson and ESPN 2 last night trying to justify Artest actions, saying that you can't disrespect a person. That's a bunch of crap in my opinion. First off respect is earned not just given because you are a basketball star or whatever. Second if someone is disrespecting you you can be the better man and walk away. Take the high road. I hear this word allot these days "disrespectin". I hear people saying how they will cause bodily harm if anyone disrespects them. Who the hell do these people think they are? What a bunch of crap. It makes no sense. You think your going to gain respect by lowering yourself to the same level as an animal? Fighting to defend your life or your home is understandable. But fighting because someone threw some juice at you?
Wah Wah Wah:shakeno:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dolphan7 said:
I saw Mark Jackson and ESPN 2 last night trying to justify Artest actions, saying that you can't disrespect a person. That's a bunch of crap in my opinion. First off respect is earned not just given because you are a basketball star or whatever.

So because Artest has a history of ON-COURT misbehavior, that gives some jerk in the stands the right to throw things at him whenever the mood strikes him??

I agree that it's better to walk away. But when you're adrenaline is pumping like that and your emotions are at a heightened level, sometimes it doesn't take much for you to snap. Especially when somebody third party hits you in the face with something.

Thank you Mr. Kornheiser.
:roflmao:
Like Michael Wilbon would say; "You're a Dope!"
:chuckle:
Dolphan7 said:
Whenever you take the law into your own hands it usually ends up bad. Getting even or getting revenge just doesn't work. That is why we have laws and a judicial system. I saw Mark Jackson and ESPN 2 last night trying to justify Artest actions, saying that you can't disrespect a person. That's a bunch of crap in my opinion. First off respect is earned not just given because you are a basketball star or whatever. Second if someone is disrespecting you you can be the better man and walk away. Take the high road. I hear this word allot these days "disrespectin". I hear people saying how they will cause bodily harm if anyone disrespects them. Who the hell do these people think they are? What a bunch of crap. It makes no sense. You think your going to gain respect by lowering yourself to the same level as an animal? Fighting to defend your life or your home is understandable. But fighting because someone threw some juice at you?
Wah Wah Wah:shakeno:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Muck said:
So because Artest has a history of ON-COURT misbehavior, that gives some jerk in the stands the right to throw things at him whenever the mood strikes him??

I agree that it's better to walk away. But when you're adrenaline is pumping like that and your emotions are at a heightened level, sometimes it doesn't take much for you to snap. Especially when somebody third party hits you in the face with something.
He was hit with some water. He wasn't shot........wasn't hit with a brick.....a metal pipe wasn't thrown his way. WATER! It was friggin water! Of course it was WRONG of the fan to throw it, but if you get hit with water it doesn't mean you can run up into the stands and start a brawl.

And if you don't like the fact fans MIGHT throw stuff at you (even though its wrong) and that fans WILL yell some nasty verbal assaults your way, GET A NEW JOB AND DON'T PLAY IN THE NBA!

X-Con, you are a sad and deangerous person. Seek help. Check out this quote from x-con, in a different Ron Artest thread:
X-Con wrote this:
"Props to Ron. I started this thread bashing him, and he's still an a** for the music thing. However, I gained a LOAD of respect for him tonight. This sounds harsh, but if he KILLED THE GUY, I'd go buy me a Ron Artest jersey tomorrow morning, as soon as Pro Image opens."

Im sure you never had a family member killed by a dipstick thug, or you would not write this, grim.

I can't believe anyone is defending this loser!

When you buy a ticket to a sporting event, you bought the right to heckle, to shout, and to boo. You did not buy the right to throw bottles on court, but it happens in EVEERY game. Tell me a single professional game of any sport where you haven't seen something thrown on the field of play. Is it right? hell no! The difference? MOST PLAYERS DON'T GO RUNNING INTO THE STANDS THROWING PUNCHES AND STARTING RIOTS!

ARTEST brought this on himself NO ONE else. How many football players ran into the fans a few years back when NE fans started throwing Ice balls? How many times have you seen Bret Favre upper cut a fan for pouring drinks on his head at lambeau as they go into the lockerroom losing badly at half? How many college BB players have you seen rush into the stands beating the crap out of fans for throwing ice on the court?

Artest used piss poor judgement, he DOES deserve this suspension. he's got a problem, he's a liability as long as he's on the court. A normal person doesn't snap because of rowdy fans. A criminal however rushes into the stands throwing punches at evereyone within reach.

FinFan84 said:
X-Con, you are a sad and deangerous person. Seek help. Check out this quote from x-con, in a different Ron Artest thread:
X-Con wrote this:
"Props to Ron. I started this thread bashing him, and he's still an a** for the music thing. However, I gained a LOAD of respect for him tonight. This sounds harsh, but if he KILLED THE GUY, I'd go buy me a Ron Artest jersey tomorrow morning, as soon as Pro Image opens."

Im sure you never had a family member killed by a dipstick thug, or you would not write this, grim.

I'm not at all a dangerous person....as long as you don't put your hands on me or anybody in my family.

Don't blame me for being fair. The guy put Ron in danger, so if he reacts by putting him in danger...SO BE IT!

Btw- I have a few cousins and friends from H.S. who sell drugs(I have many, many cousins...so there's bound to be a few). If one of them die, what can I say? Was it not expected? No. If you're killed by a gangsta, chances are...you're a gangsta too, and if that's the case, you didn't pick the right life. Come on, look where I came from...I've seen people get shot before and I've known people who have been shot before, some killed.

I love the way Ron Artest is some kind of hero because he rushed some random fan for throwing a cup of water at him....like he was defending his honor or something.....but 1 minute earlier Wallace gives him two forearms to the grill and he goes and lays down.

The big bad *** will attack a fan but, he won't step to Wallace after he gets smacked in the face TWICE.

inFINSible said:
I love the way Ron Artest is some kind of hero because he rushed some random fan for throwing a cup of water at him....like he was defending his honor or something.....but 1 minute earlier Wallace gives him two forearms to the grill and he goes and lays down.

The big bad *** will attack a fan but, he won't step to Wallace after he gets smacked in the face TWICE.

Now wait a minute, you can't villify for fighting then call him a coward when he walks away. It is either one or the other

I don't buy that coward line for a second. Artest was trying to be the better person. Wallace was the punk who started the melee. He got fouled, and it wasn't even a hard foul at that, and because his team was losing, he acted like a child and pushed Artest.

Ron Artest is a fighter, I think part of the reason he snapped the way he did was because he was holding in his anger from Wallace. Ben not only pushed him, but then continued to berate Artest and then threw his little panty headband at him as well, like a little sissy. Ron sat there and took it like a man. Add on that those idiotic and moronic fans are threatening Artest and ultimately led to violence against Artest, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I don't care if it was water or a bucket of acid. When you are blindsided by something from opposing fans you will jump up automatically and go after who did it. It is a human response that when you are attacked, you either fight or run away. Fight or Flight is what it is called. Ron, after all the BS he had to deal with from Wallace and those stupid Detroit thugs, finally snapped after being assaulted.

You cannot "wait for security" when fans do things like this. Teryr Gamboa of the K.C. Royals was jumped by to fans at a White Sox game while coaching first base. You think the players who helped him waited for security? If they had, you all would have calle dthem cowards. Monica Seles was stabbed during a tennis match. You think she wouldn't have pounded the guy if she could have? I guess people who have never been put in that situation just don't get it. I have, and there is no scarier feeling then seeing some fan run up to you, or throw things at you. You have no idea what is going on.

Suppose the thing that hit Artest was a glass bottle and it lacerated his face. Would you then be opposed to him beating the guy who did it? I doubt it. I guarentee that when Ron was hit by the cup, he didn't know what hit him, he just knew he was assaulted and that someone was going to pay for it.

I agree he should be suspended, but Jermaine O'neal shouldn't have and Stephen Jackson's penalty was too harsh as well. If the league really wanted to send a message, they wouldn't allow postseason play to happen in Detroit or Indiana. That would send a profound message to everyone in the league and throughout sports in America in general. Make the team play all of their games on the road, or ban them completely form postseason play. Hell, Stenr already did it to the Pacers.

The worst part is, the crimnal fans wil most likely get off with minor fines. I hope Ron Artest sues that guy in the white hat for all the 12 dollars that guy has.

Again, Artest should have been suspended, but not for an entire year.

inFINSible said:

simple Infins...Artest is, and always has been a coward, just like kenyon martin and every other wanna be thug in the NBA

Muck said:

Then why hasn't that ever happened before? I've never seen a NBA player run into the stands and start a fight before. Have you? I've seen hockey players do it and we all know how well that sport is doing.

Due to that I think it is only rational to look at what has recently changed that would cause such an irrational thing to happen. Our society is starting to show true signs of decay IMO. Sports is a public place to see where we stand as a society, at this point we do not look very civilized.

As far as the person throwing the cup, that is a minor crime. Is it even a crime? At most that person would be tossed and that would be the end of it. It does not justify anyone going after them and to inflict physical harm on the person that threw that cup. Well unless he felt like he was tried, or if he was dissed. No no we can't have that, we must protect this house!

Back
Top Bottom