Athlon Sports ranks the coaches: Wannstedt @ 23.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Athlon Sports ranks the coaches: Wannstedt @ 23..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/coach?id=13

That's what you call "light years" ahead of Wanny???.... :lol: :lol:

The last time I checked, Dave took the Phinz to an 11-5 record in back to back seasons during his first two years in Miami. He also did it with very little talent on offense as well. HC J. Fox hasn't proven he's worthy of top 10 status IMO. He's had "one" good season in Carolina {11-5}, and had tons of top draft picks to help out in the process as well.....

Just because he took the Panthers to the SB during an 11-5 season, doesn't make him a better HC though....

I'm not praising Dave, I just think he's better than most fans give him credit for. He's done a better job than Jimmy Johnson ever did in Miami IMO, and that says a lot about him as a HC....

This list is ridiculous, and so is the idiot who made it.... :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Right........ Wanny is the worst coach in the nfl........ NOT!!!!!!
Dave is by far the worst GM in the league but not coach. Reid took his team to the nfc champ game 3 years in a row and lost them all and by your account with a much better QB a better overall running game, oline, and a great d with alot of talent. Wanny beat the colts with jay and lamar. Edwards better then wanny how? He has the better qb, c mart, and had a ton of talent at the wr pos but the jets seem bogged doewn at the same point of so so. I think wanny will do alot better now that he only has to think about coaching. IMO he should be ranked somewhere around the 14 to 17 spot and that may well improve after this sesson.

I think some of you are being to sunshiny about wanny now.. I would indeed give Gruden or Fox the edge of wannstedt.. They have recent SB appearances in their resume's.

On another note, I forgot about sherman.. GB fans seem to think that he is singlehandedly ruining the mighty Packers.. they say that if Favre had retired, they would have been worse that the Chargers by now..

t2thejz said:
del rio should be ahead of wanny
I fully agree. Jack Del Rio is ana amazing coach who in a couple of years will be considered amont the NFL elite

It's so ignorant to see people post these stupid rankings that a common fan can come up with. You don't rank coaches by just a ranking, you rank them by what the done recently to take their franchise ahead. Belichick is number one of course, Parcells number 2? I'm afraid he still has a way to go into the playoffs. Shanahan the 2nd best coach in the afc when he hasn't seen the playoffs in a while. Great coaches don't have this long stretch without at least a playoff appareance, I can count the time that shula went to the playoffs after our superbowl wins.

BLITZKRIEG said:
#6 - J. Fox - What has he done???...The Panther went to the SB, but his record prior to last season was horrible. Has he really proven himself to be a better HC than Dave??? Just because he took the Panthers to the SB, now he's one of the best HC's in the NFL??? It takes more than one good season to make a good HC IMO. That's all he's had....

#22 - D. Green - Why don't they just put D. Green up next to HC J. Gibbs???...Afterall, neither have proven they can still coach....
Jon Fox took over a 1-15 team, went 7-9(which is far above horrible), then in his second year took a team with hardly any, if any, stars to the Super Bowl. How can you ask what has he done?

As far as Green goes, I'm not a big fan, but of 10 years in Minn...he only had one losing record. He's only been out of the league for 2-3 years...I doubt he lost it in that time.

Now, what does this list tell us? What virtually EVERYONE else that follows the NFL already knows: Wanny is not a guy who will lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl.

juniorseau55 said:
It's so ignorant to see people post these stupid rankings that a common fan can come up with. You don't rank coaches by just a ranking, you rank them by what the done recently to take their franchise ahead. Belichick is number one of course, Parcells number 2? I'm afraid he still has a way to go into the playoffs. Shanahan the 2nd best coach in the afc when he hasn't seen the playoffs in a while. Great coaches don't have this long stretch without at least a playoff appareance, I can count the time that shula went to the playoffs after our superbowl wins.
Its so ignorant to see people criticize those who find rankings that poeple can have fun debating and going over

I dont know guys, they've got Mularke at 32, so it couldnt be THAT bad

:lol:

John Fox deserves to be where he is. How can you question him being in the top 10? He took over one of the worst teams in the NFL and in his first year they won 6 more games. Last year, he added 4 wins and got them to the Super Bowl!! He's one of the best coaches in the league. He is a very good defensive mind and is a million times better than Wanny.

Also, the only reason why Wanny is so high is because the guys who were coordinators who were hired this year and are rookie head coaches were all ranked low. I think Lovie Smith will be a better coach than Wanny.

The poll did overrate Shanahan, but overall it isn't that bad. I think Del Rio and Mariucci should be ahead of Wanny. They really underrated Mariucci. Wanny gets a lot of wins because he has a lot of talent. Pretty much every coach in the league could do at least what he does with this team, and I think most could do more. Wanny should probably be a few spots lower than where they actually ranked him.

KYfinfan said:
I think Mariucci deserves to be ranked a lot higher! Your probably right about Davis and Haslett. Looks like about everyone else below poor ol' Wanny is in their first or second year.

Was it Athlon's that said the best RB in the AFC East was Curtis Martin?

You look familiar, I think I recognize you from the MiamiDolphins.com boards. You probably don't remember me. I was Dolphinzz.

Anyways back to topic. I definately don't see Green above Wanny. I think Wanny should be right there under Herm Edwards. Wanny isn't a bad coach when he is just "coaching." Of course by the same token, he's no where near great either.

Shannahan #3, wow that must be some kind of joke. I guess I can agree with the top 2 though. Especially Bellichick

Two things that prove that this list is stupid. Shanahan at 3, and Marriuci at 26.

Back
Top Bottom