Athlon Sports ranks the coaches: Wannstedt @ 23.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Athlon Sports ranks the coaches: Wannstedt @ 23..

phinman1 said:
In a ranking of magazines who print useless rankings, Athlon's came in 6th.

:cool2:

This has got to be the dumbest ranking I've ever seen.

Snickersbps said:
I dont know guys, they've got Mularke at 32, so it couldnt be THAT bad

:lol:
Well considering that he hasnt been head coach for a single game yet, I find his ranking justified. But then again, why isnt Lovie Smith down there? He aint done jack yet. The funny thing is that they have him ahead of Mooch and Schottzy.

I agree with the first list except for lubie smith and steve mariucci. They should be way ahead of wanstaad. not below him. MIAMI DOLPHINS NUMBER 1

BLITZKRIEG said:
That list is a joke....

Dave is better than the following....

#6 - J. Fox - What has he done???...The Panther went to the SB, but his record prior to last season was horrible. Has he really proven himself to be a better HC than Dave??? Just because he took the Panthers to the SB, now he's one of the best HC's in the NFL??? It takes more than one good season to make a good HC IMO. That's all he's had....

#8 - J. Gruden - Yeah, that team looked really strong with the talent HC T. Dungy left him. Won him a SB too. They've become the Bucs of old now, and they look weaker than ever with the big off-season departures. When the Bucs go 7-9 or 6-10 in 2004, you'll understand why he's no better than Wanny....

#9 - J. Gibbs - This guy has been out of football for over a decade!!. Let's see what the Skinz do in 2004 before automatically placing him among the NFL's top 10. He could flop just as easily as Spurrier IMO....

#12 - M. Lewis - :shakeno: :lol: :lol: This is a joke. M. Lewis is not a better HC than Wanny. No way in hell...

#13 - B. Cowher - About the same. No real proof that Cowher has any edge over Wanny. In fact, considering the divison the Steelers play in, I'd put Wanny ahead of him. How many times have the Steelers had home field advantage thoughout the playoffs, and still fallen short???....Too many. If Dave had those same playoff opportunities in Miami, he'd be wearing a SB ring right now IMO....

#17 - T. Coughlin - No chance. The guy is not that good. He's been struggling to keep a HCing job for years now. He's a good motivator, but not much of a communicator. He's no better than Dave IMO....

#18 - H. Edwards - :roflmao: Yeah, he's done wonders for that Jets defense hasn't he?? Another good motivator, but lacks in other areas. It's clearly showing with the way the Jets have fallen in recent years. If he doesn't have major improvement in 2004, he'll be looking for a new home in 2005...

#19 - B. Davis - No comment needed here other than the guy who made this list is clearly certifiable.... :confused:

#21 - J. Hasslett - Ridiculous. If this guy is better than Dave, why aren't the Saints marching to SB's under him??? This guy is a loose cannon, and very unstable in his job IMO.

#22 - D. Green - Why don't they just put D. Green up next to HC J. Gibbs???...Afterall, neither have proven they can still coach....

This is silly, Detriot's S. Marriucci is an excellent HC, near the top 10 IMO, and he's ranked #26 below Wanny?!?!?! Like I said at the beginning, this is a joke. :roflmao:

PHINZ RULE!! :fire:

Please tell me you're kidding??!! Your statements about John Fox and Jon Gruden are absolutely ludicrous. Fox's quick turnaround in Carolina is a testament to his coaching. He is a true defensive guru (unlike other Miami head coaches that will remian anonymous). Yes, Tampa Bay had a rough year. But do you honestly think that if Wannstedt replaced Dungy instead of Gruden that the Bucs win the Super Bowl??? If you do, then I want some of what you're smoking!

:harm:

lewis at 12? he hasnt even done anything? :roflmao: who the hell gives these people authority to insult my intelligience?

BLITZKRIEG said:
That list is a joke....

Dave is better than the following....

#6 - J. Fox - What has he done???...The Panther went to the SB, but his record prior to last season was horrible. Has he really proven himself to be a better HC than Dave??? Just because he took the Panthers to the SB, now he's one of the best HC's in the NFL??? It takes more than one good season to make a good HC IMO. That's all he's had....

#8 - J. Gruden - Yeah, that team looked really strong with the talent HC T. Dungy left him. Won him a SB too. They've become the Bucs of old now, and they look weaker than ever with the big off-season departures. When the Bucs go 7-9 or 6-10 in 2004, you'll understand why he's no better than Wanny....

#9 - J. Gibbs - This guy has been out of football for over a decade!!. Let's see what the Skinz do in 2004 before automatically placing him among the NFL's top 10. He could flop just as easily as Spurrier IMO....

#12 - M. Lewis - :shakeno: :lol: :lol: This is a joke. M. Lewis is not a better HC than Wanny. No way in hell...

#13 - B. Cowher - About the same. No real proof that Cowher has any edge over Wanny. In fact, considering the divison the Steelers play in, I'd put Wanny ahead of him. How many times have the Steelers had home field advantage thoughout the playoffs, and still fallen short???....Too many. If Dave had those same playoff opportunities in Miami, he'd be wearing a SB ring right now IMO....

#17 - T. Coughlin - No chance. The guy is not that good. He's been struggling to keep a HCing job for years now. He's a good motivator, but not much of a communicator. He's no better than Dave IMO....

#18 - H. Edwards - :roflmao: Yeah, he's done wonders for that Jets defense hasn't he?? Another good motivator, but lacks in other areas. It's clearly showing with the way the Jets have fallen in recent years. If he doesn't have major improvement in 2004, he'll be looking for a new home in 2005...

#19 - B. Davis - No comment needed here other than the guy who made this list is clearly certifiable.... :confused:

#21 - J. Hasslett - Ridiculous. If this guy is better than Dave, why aren't the Saints marching to SB's under him??? This guy is a loose cannon, and very unstable in his job IMO.

#22 - D. Green - Why don't they just put D. Green up next to HC J. Gibbs???...Afterall, neither have proven they can still coach....

This is silly, Detriot's S. Marriucci is an excellent HC, near the top 10 IMO, and he's ranked #26 below Wanny?!?!?! Like I said at the beginning, this is a joke. :roflmao:

PHINZ RULE!! :fire:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

SkapePhin said:
1. Belichick NE
2. Parcells Dallas
3. Shanahan Denver
4. Vermeil KC
5. Fisher Tenn
6. Fox Carolina
7. Reid Philly
8. Gruden Tampa
9. Gibbs Washington
10. Dungy Indy
11. Billick Baltimore
12. Lewis Cincy
13. Cowher Pitt
14. Holmgren Seattle
15. Sherman GB
16. Martz Rams
17. Coughlin Giants
18. Edwards Jets
19. Davis Cleveland
20. Capers Houston
21. Haslett NO
22. Green Arizona
23. Wannstedt Miami
24. Smith Chicago
25. Schottenheimer San Diego
26. Mariucci Detroit
27. Del Rio Jacksonville
28. Erickson San Fran
29. Tice Minnesota
30. Turner Oakland
31. Mora Atlanta
32. Mularkey Buffalo

I think this ranking is a little skewed.. there is no way that Haslett or Davis should be above Wannstedt.. the others yes, but not these 2 dopes... When was the last time they did ANYTHING?

I would also add that here is no way that Edwards is ahead of Wannstedt. They are both pretty much in the same scale as far as coaches, but I still give give Wanny an edge, as far as being better at getting talent, and game planning. It's being a game day coach, where he falls apart.

Schottenheimer should be higher

SkapePhin said:
1. Belichick NE
2. Parcells Dallas
3. Shanahan Denver
4. Vermeil KC
5. Fisher Tenn
6. Fox Carolina
7. Reid Philly
8. Gruden Tampa
9. Gibbs Washington
10. Dungy Indy
11. Billick Baltimore
12. Lewis Cincy
13. Cowher Pitt
14. Holmgren Seattle
15. Sherman GB
16. Martz Rams
17. Coughlin Giants
18. Edwards Jets
19. Davis Cleveland
20. Capers Houston
21. Haslett NO
22. Green Arizona
23. Wannstedt Miami
24. Smith Chicago
25. Schottenheimer San Diego
26. Mariucci Detroit
27. Del Rio Jacksonville
28. Erickson San Fran
29. Tice Minnesota
30. Turner Oakland
31. Mora Atlanta
32. Mularkey Buffalo

I think this ranking is a little skewed.. there is no way that Haslett or Davis should be above Wannstedt.. the others yes, but not these 2 dopes... When was the last time they did ANYTHING?
Theres at least 5 or 6 of the one's ranked below him that I would take over him this year, but clearly he is considered in the bottom feeder class of NFL head coaches, a coordinator miscast as a head man.

ESPN I think it was ranked him 110th out of 120 coaches in the major sports..........not surprising

As much as I lack respect for Wanny's coaching ability, I do have to say that this list is a joke.

LIQUID24 said:
Shanahan at 3? That's a joke, what has he done since Elway left?

I agree, no way should Haslett or Davis be ahead of Wanny.
Well lets see, for starters he got his team into the playoffs last year, Wanny last accomplished that feat three years ago.

Oh, and he also was a good enough coach to not waste more than four years on his mediocre quarterback despite a Pro Bowl year, Wanny of course is going into year five of the Jay Fiedler experiment (not to mention Wanny picked up Shanny's scraps after he flopped)

Back
Top Bottom