Athlon Sports ranks the coaches: Wannstedt @ 23.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Athlon Sports ranks the coaches: Wannstedt @ 23..

DolFan31 said:
Why Dennis Green? He hasnt even coached one year yet for the Cards and hasnt done anything since being fired from Minny.
Thats like saying Joe Gibbs hasn't done anything since he left the Redskins.......Dennis Green led his Vikings to the playoffs 7 out of 10 years and actually contended by reaching an NFC Championship game, clearly a better resume than Wanny................

KYfinfan said:
I think Mariucci deserves to be ranked a lot higher! Your probably right about Davis and Haslett. Looks like about everyone else below poor ol' Wanny is in their first or second year.

Was it Athlon's that said the best RB in the AFC East was Curtis Martin?
I would rank Mariucci ahead of Dave Wannstedt for sure.............

BLITZKRIEG said:
That list is a joke....

Dave is better than the following....

#6 - J. Fox - What has he done???...The Panther went to the SB, but his record prior to last season was horrible. Has he really proven himself to be a better HC than Dave??? Just because he took the Panthers to the SB, now he's one of the best HC's in the NFL??? It takes more than one good season to make a good HC IMO. That's all he's had....

His record prior to last years Superbowl trip and NFC Championship win was horrible? Dude, he inherited a 1-15 team and had them in the Superbowl in two years, Wanny inherited a playoff team(three consecutive years) and managed to regress.................

#8 - J. Gruden - Yeah, that team looked really strong with the talent HC T. Dungy left him. Won him a SB too. They've become the Bucs of old now, and they look weaker than ever with the big off-season departures. When the Bucs go 7-9 or 6-10 in 2004, you'll understand why he's no better than Wanny....

huh? he won the Superbowl with the talent Dungy left for the most part yes, but he added a few things to the offense and got them over the hump where Dungy had underachieved, prior to that he had the Raiders in the AFC Championship game, when Wanny ever has a team actually contend for something get back to me................

#9 - J. Gibbs - This guy has been out of football for over a decade!!. Let's see what the Skinz do in 2004 before automatically placing him among the NFL's top 10. He could flop just as easily as Spurrier IMO....

When Wannstedt wins three Superbowls in the decade or so Gibbs won his we'll place Wanny in the top ten also....oh wait Wanny already has a decade under his belt and has only a wildcard win to show for it, oh and his teams have only made the playoffs 3 out of 10 years..............

#12 - M. Lewis - :shakeno: :lol: :lol: This is a joke. M. Lewis is not a better HC than Wanny. No way in hell...

Based on Marvin's first year and the direction he has the Bengals headed I'd take him in a heartbeat over Wannstedt.........................

#13 - B. Cowher - About the same. No real proof that Cowher has any edge over Wanny. In fact, considering the divison the Steelers play in, I'd put Wanny ahead of him. How many times have the Steelers had home field advantage thoughout the playoffs, and still fallen short???....Too many. If Dave had those same playoff opportunities in Miami, he'd be wearing a SB ring right now IMO....

again, he's actually head coached teams that contended for titles, Wanny hasn't...........

#17 - T. Coughlin - No chance. The guy is not that good. He's been struggling to keep a HCing job for years now. He's a good motivator, but not much of a communicator. He's no better than Dave IMO....

closer, but Couglin got farther in the playoffs than Wanny

#18 - H. Edwards - :roflmao: Yeah, he's done wonders for that Jets defense hasn't he?? Another good motivator, but lacks in other areas. It's clearly showing with the way the Jets have fallen in recent years. If he doesn't have major improvement in 2004, he'll be looking for a new home in 2005...

Edwards may be on a par with Wannstedt, however in fairness to Edwards he didn't inherit a playoff team..................

#19 - B. Davis - No comment needed here other than the guy who made this list is clearly certifiable.... :confused:

Close call also, however he did take over an expansion team, not a playoff team like Wanny...............

#21 - J. Hasslett - Ridiculous. If this guy is better than Dave, why aren't the Saints marching to SB's under him??? This guy is a loose cannon, and very unstable in his job IMO.

Another loser like Wanny...............

#22 - D. Green - Why don't they just put D. Green up next to HC J. Gibbs???...Afterall, neither have proven they can still coach....

His record speaks for itself versus Wanny..............

This is silly, Detriot's S. Marriucci is an excellent HC, near the top 10 IMO, and he's ranked #26 below Wanny?!?!?! Like I said at the beginning, this is a joke. :roflmao:

Agreed here...................

PHINZ RULE!! :fire:

Dolphinizzle said:
You look familiar, I think I recognize you from the MiamiDolphins.com boards. You probably don't remember me. I was Dolphinzz.

Anyways back to topic. I definately don't see Green above Wanny. I think Wanny should be right there under Herm Edwards. Wanny isn't a bad coach when he is just "coaching." Of course by the same token, he's no where near great either.

Shannahan #3, wow that must be some kind of joke. I guess I can agree with the top 2 though. Especially Bellichick
:roflmao: .....both have ten years in the league as head coaches, Wannys teams have reached the playoffs 30% of the time, Greens teams 70% of the time........and Green got his team to a Championship game, Wanny hasn't even been close...........

Back
Top Bottom