AVG would Love to Return | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG would Love to Return

I have a feeling that Fangio will want him unfortunately, which could put his price up

I like AVG and would love to see him stay. He could be a big part of the plan to help with the pass rush until Chubb and Phillips are totally back.

If he thinks he can get big money elsewhere, he is going to move on unfortunately. I don't believe we have the ability to pay him top dollar with so many other needs.

If you don't/can't find a way to keep players like the Viking Van Ginkel, you need to get out of the game for good.

This is a guy who has outplayed even his own ability. Give this guy Jevon Kearse size and he'd be the greatest DE to have ever played the game.

we need AVG back......Chubb won’t play till December and Phillips is coming back from injury also and might not be ready to play early on....we'd have zero pass rush if AVG leaves.

we need AVG back......Chubb won’t play till December and Phillips is coming back from injury also and might not be ready to play early on....we'd have zero pass rush if AVG leaves.
I would think we'd have to get someone else. I love Gink but we aren't in a financial position to overpay for any FA, especially a very good but not great player. If he's reasonable in his value, hell yea

AVG will be 29 in July. I would love to see him back, but his long term role with Chubb and Phillips healthy seems questionable. I would add that torn ACLs are 6-9 month recoveries (or less) for NFL players. Worst case scenario that puts Chubb ready at the start of September. Phillips torn Achilles is more concerning IMO. I can’t imagine either misses more than the first 4 games on short term IR (worst case).

AVG will be 29 in July. I would love to see him back, but his long term role with Chubb and Phillips healthy seems questionable. I would add that torn ACLs are 6-9 month recoveries (or less) for NFL players. Worst case scenario that puts Chubb ready at the start of September. Phillips torn Achilles is more concerning IMO. I can’t imagine either misses more than the first 4 games on short term IR (worst case).
I would be careful with counting on that early return prognosis, Von Miller didn't look like himself until the playoffs this year and his injury happened on Thanksgiving '22, Chubb's was nearly 6 weeks later in '23 comparatively speaking. Given McD's hesitancy to rush players back, I'd be shocked to see Chubb early on next year.

Of course he wants to be here, unless someone shows him the money!
Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

I think you got it backwards.....at the earliest Chubb might be ready by November ......Phillips has a better chance to be ready earlier since his injury happened earlier than Chubb's.

Back
Top Bottom