AVG would Love to Return | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG would Love to Return

hard to tell how much he'll want....I agree is not going to be easy to keep him cause other teams will make him a good offer.....he can do some many things and that's why he's so valuable but our cap will dictate a lot of what we do....it just sucks that he's a free agent on a year when we might not have Chubb and Phillips ready for opening week.......also keep in mind that Ogbah is pretty much gone and Wilkins and davis are both free agents and we're likely to lose Wilkins......so opening week we could be missing Chubb/Phillips/AVG/Davis/Ogbah
I think 7-7.5 might do it. hope so and we can swing it but any higher I'd have to pass. He apparently liked Fang so who knows

I have a feeling that Fangio will want him unfortunately, which could put his price up
AVG doesn't fit in with Philly's current roster. They rush with 4 lineman in a more traditional 4-3 and I can't see AVG fitting in with that defense, even with Fangio on board.

I think you got it backwards.....at the earliest Chubb might be ready by November ......Phillips has a better chance to be ready earlier since his injury happened earlier than Chubb's.
Phillips tore his Achilles on Black Friday. Chubb tore his ACL on New Year’s Eve. Generally speaking, Achilles injuries are a tougher recovery to 100%. Particularly for guys who have to accelerate quickly on every play.

Unless there is a set back, Chubb could be ready to practice before the season even starts. Phillips will be able to do light workouts after 6 months. It is possible we don’t rush either of them back, but I see almost no chance we sit Chubb to December. I would expect us to start working him back into shape with limited snaps by October. Phillips should be healthy enough, but it will take time to get that explosive first step back.

Phillips tore his Achilles on Black Friday. Chubb tore his ACL on New Year’s Eve. Generally speaking, Achilles injuries are a tougher recovery to 100%. Particularly for guys who have to accelerate quickly on every play.

Unless there is a set back, Chubb could be ready to practice before the season even starts. Phillips will be able to do light workouts after 6 months. It is possible we don’t rush either of them back, but I see almost no chance we sit Chubb to December. I would expect us to start working him back into shape with limited snaps by October. Phillips should be healthy enough, but it will take time to get that explosive first step back.
Certainly a little history on the Phins side with a DE making a quick Achilles comeback, our very own Cam Wake, 11.5 sacks at age 34 after tearing his Achilles the previous October-

"Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake appears to be all the way back from the torn Achilles tendon that ended his 2015 season in October.
The Palm Beach Post reports that Wake was beating offensive linemen in 11-on-11 work. Although the Dolphins have been cautious about not letting Wake do everything that completely healthy players are doing, that appears to be just a precaution. Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph praised the way Wake has returned from a serious injury."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ake-is-back-to-full-speed-after-torn-achilles

Would love to see to see his never say die, non-stop Tasmanian Devil attacking self as a Dolphin for a long time also. 🤞
Sure seemed like Mrs. AVG likes it in Miami, certainly did not seem like that Hard Knocks episode was the first time she was out getting a little party time in with the girls, just my impression. Of course, she's followed him everywhere since high school, but here's hoping Momma chooses SoFla, that's usually the deciding vote.

I like the Gink but gotta think (hey that rhymes) 5 a year for 3 years is all we can and should go. Great guy to have on 3rd and longs.

Maybe someone will break the bank and give him 10. If that happens and he leaves I will say thanks and good luck...well only if he doesn't end up at the shills, jests or patties. If that happens **** him and the horse he road in on. 😂

I agree his asking price will likely be in the $8-10 million dollar range. He proved when given the opportunity that he is one of the better outside LB’s in the entire league.

Unfortunately with Chubb and Phillips on the roster, I don’t see the Dolphins having the money to pay AVG but I have no doubt he will get paid by another team in the league.

I hate the thought of him playing for another team but I also can’t be upset with him asking for as much money as he can as a free agent. He has certainly proved he deserves to make a lot more money than he has been paid since coming into the league.
I really hope we keep him.

Back
Top Bottom