AVG would Love to Return | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG would Love to Return

I would think we'd have to get someone else. I love Gink but we aren't in a financial position to overpay for any FA, especially a very good but not great player. If he's reasonable in his value, hell yea
well then be prepared to see the QB's having all day to throw back there

How many Saks did he have? Hell want more than that. Try between $8 million and $10 million. He’s a productive and disruptive edge player in his prime. Hell want a lot more than $$4-6 million and he’ll get it from someone for sure.
I agree his asking price will likely be in the $8-10 million dollar range. He proved when given the opportunity that he is one of the better outside LB’s in the entire league.

Unfortunately with Chubb and Phillips on the roster, I don’t see the Dolphins having the money to pay AVG but I have no doubt he will get paid by another team in the league.

I hate the thought of him playing for another team but I also can’t be upset with him asking for as much money as he can as a free agent. He has certainly proved he deserves to make a lot more money than he has been paid since coming into the league.

well then be prepared to see the QB's having all day to throw back there
The hope is to keep him or if he is looking to break the bank (FA offers that) I don't think we are in a position to pay him exorbitant money as we have other needs. I would assume there would be a 3-4 million range dude to fill the gap at edge and if we are going to pay 8-10 for someone I would elsewhere. I hope we can keep him, love his play and with another LB, ahem Queen or Luvo we would be fierce. What are you thinking Gink might command? I'mreading maybe 8-10

I love AVG but see a couple of problems ahead. #1 he disappeared when Chubb went down, and #2 he's gonna want to get paid. As said before he is now 29 and may not have much longer to play so it;s a 'pay me now' thing. He's not going to play for 3-4 mil, he'll want 8-10...

Last edited:
from A to Z sports
  • Franchise Tag Likelihood: Low
  • Projected Contract: 2 years, $15.0 million, $7.5 APY, $10.0M GTD
  • Year One Cap Hit: $3.2 million
At this salary, I would love to keep him!
Regarding Queen yikes!
Spotrac currently projects a four-year, $67 million contract for Queen. It is safe to say Queen is not a fan of those numbers, as he responded with a thumbs-down emoji.
Luvo

• 2 years, $24 million, $12.0 million APY, $16 GTD
  • Year One Cap Hit: $6.5 Million

from A to Z sports
  • Projected Contract: 2 years, $15.0 million, $7.5 APY, $10.0M GTD
  • Year One Cap Hit: $3.2 million
I think AVG is totally overrated on this board, he shows up for one or two games a year and disappears in all the others. However, at this salary I think it's doable with the injuries at DE

I think AVG is totally overrated on this board, he shows up for one or two games a year and disappears in all the others. However, at this salary I think it's doable with the injuries at DE
One or two games?

🙄

We should resign Van Ginkel. He’s not going to get big money. Maybe $6-8 million per year for 2-3 years, at most.

Well worth that price. Especially since Chubb and Phillips are giant question marks for next year. Even if they make it back early, they may not be any good.

What happened to JPP? Did he just lose it all because he was quite a force and I would think even that 75% or so he would be a nice fill-in until one of those guys return.

What happened to JPP? Did he just lose it all because he was quite a force and I would think even that 75% or so he would be a nice fill-in until one of those guys return.
They cut him after being on the team for just a few weeks. So they obviously felt he no longer was even close to the player he once was. I will be extremely surprised if his career in the NFL isn’t over.

The hope is to keep him or if he is looking to break the bank (FA offers that) I don't think we are in a position to pay him exorbitant money as we have other needs. I would assume there would be a 3-4 million range dude to fill the gap at edge and if we are going to pay 8-10 for someone I would elsewhere. I hope we can keep him, love his play and with another LB, ahem Queen or Luvo we would be fierce. What are you thinking Gink might command? I'mreading maybe 8-10
hard to tell how much he'll want....I agree is not going to be easy to keep him cause other teams will make him a good offer.....he can do some many things and that's why he's so valuable but our cap will dictate a lot of what we do....it just sucks that he's a free agent on a year when we might not have Chubb and Phillips ready for opening week.......also keep in mind that Ogbah is pretty much gone and Wilkins and davis are both free agents and we're likely to lose Wilkins......so opening week we could be missing Chubb/Phillips/AVG/Davis/Ogbah

Back
Top Bottom