Barkley is staying at USC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barkley is staying at USC

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Matt Barkley - QB - Player

Pete Thamel of the New York Times reports USC QB Matt Barkley has informed teammates that he's staying in school for the 2012 season.

The official announcement is expected to be made at 4:00 ET. After completing 69.1 percent of his passes at 7.91 YPA and a 39:7 TD-to-INT ratio as a junior, Barkley was said to be competing with Baylor's Robert Griffin III to be the first QB off the board behind Stanford's Andrew Luck. Should he declare for the draft, Oklahoma's Landry Jones is likely to be the third first-round QB.

per rotoworld

I do not want to take Jones in the 1st round. If we are stuck with no QB to take in the 1st, take a skill WR and just go with Moore next year and look at getting a QB in 2013 draft. Jones is not worth a 1st round pick.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

We just had to win games.......I HATE YOU SPARANO !

I do not want to take Jones in the 1st round. If we are stuck with no QB to take in the 1st, take a skill WR and just go with Moore next year and look at getting a QB in 2013 draft. Jones is not worth a 1st round pick.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

We just had to win games.......I HATE YOU SPARANO !
Not defending Sparano but he was doing his job and trying to save it. The real hate should be on the Colts and Jim Caldwell for not even fielding a team that was competative until last week.

Thats unfortunate at this point especially with the uncertainlty of RG3 wanting to play professional ball. I think the fins should just stick with M.Moor next season and try to surround him with talent.

Scratch a first round QB off your christmas list.

Moore and perhaps even Henne just gave a collective sigh of relief.

Someone is going to have to overpay the Vikings or Rams in order to draft RG3. Too many teams with QB needs and too few prospects.

Thats unfortunate at this point especially with the uncertainlty of RG3 wanting to play professional ball. I think the fins should just stick with M.Moor next season and try to surround him with talent.

Where did you hear or read this?

I guess we're out of Luck.....I agree with taking a playmaker if a QB worth taking is not there......just hope we don't take a corner or a RT with a top 10 pick

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom