Barry Jackson: Dolphins agree to referendum for stadium tax dollars | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Dolphins agree to referendum for stadium tax dollars

If they raise hotel taxes then a good share will be paid by tourists. This would be great for the whole community because if Miami gets in the super bowl rotation that is a huge regular win fall.

Thats assuming Miami gets into the regular rotation. Like any decent blackmailer, Goodell and company can change the terms whenever they wish, much like they already have. After all, this entire thing started with Goodell declaring Miami is out because some folks got rained on in '07. With the plethora of teams already pushing for new stadiums(Chargers, Vikings, Rams), teams that will have to shortly(Jags), and teams already making renovations(Panthers), your going to run out of Superbowls to regularly give out.

That just focuses on the practical and not the objections based on principle.

Florida is going to be paying off the Marlins stadium for another 36 years. As of last year, the Dolphins are $230 million in debt from their last set of renovations(assuming that hasnt been paid off, which i tend to doubt or else Ross wouldnt be pushing for public money this hard). Residents of south Florida have every right to be nervous about this deal. And people shouldnt be trying to sneak a fast one by them by suggesting "its not coming out of your pocket". It is, one way or another, it is.

You do know Doogie that anyone can hit the "Post New Thread" button and create a new topic about news? Don't you? If you knew about this a couple of hours ago, why didn't you create the thread? I am sure you will say it was because you were driving home from playing golf so you were not available. Fine, but remember the next time you insult the other members of this message board with a backhanded comment that they also might be away from their computer for extended periods of times. You might have thought no one would call you out for that attempted slap in the face to the rest of the entire site, but it won't slip through the cracks with this Dolphins fan. You didn't post the thread after hearing about it a "couple of hours ago" and you didn't post it, so please save the insults.

I don't mind being insulted. Fully expected it, in fact. When I'm in Las Vegas my friends and I trade insults every day. The difference is, there's a result at the end of the night. Often dozens of results. We can verify whose insult was warranted and whose was not. In vague cases like a stadium renovation, insults are meaningless, and frankly boring, because we'll see only one version. I'd like a new stadium. Others want the patchwork. Both won't happen.

You've got to concede, a two hour window around here without news like this prompting its own thread is highly unusual. I'd go so far as to label it bizarre. You can't be the only news poster because there's an award for it. So if I criticized anyone it was that block, the top five along with aspiring challengers.

Frankly, I don't like to start threads anymore because there's a feeling I have to hang around and respond. I don't like to hang around. I started an Ed Reed thread in the NFL Forum a week or two ago and I stuck around but virtually nobody replied.

To be fair, I just remembered the source of the referendum info. It was that Renshaw guy. What station is that, 560? He broke it just as I was leaving the parking lot of the course. That was just after it got dark, maybe 6:15. He said it was an exclusive so perhaps it didn't hit the wires for quite a while and none of the typical news posters had access to it.

You do a great job at what you do, BTW. Even if I don't agree with everything.

The town has to decide whether or not they want a dinosaur of a stadium.

That so called dinosaur of a stadium just hosted a BCS championship game. There is truly nothing wrong with sunlife stadium. Could it be improved yes but any stadium can be improved. Personally as a fan I dont have one issue with the stadium except the 25 dollar parking and the outrageous cost of tickets and concessions. I dont really go to football games much anymore because in reality I dont find the value in going. I find much greater value in a baseball game or basketball game. Went to a spurs game recently and the tickets were like 30 dollars for two. I went to dolphins game in az last year and it was quite cheaper than in miami so I was ok with price of ticket. I personally prefer watching all events on tv except hockey because u actually can see more of the game and its personally a better and more comfortable experience

Thats assuming Miami gets into the regular rotation. Like any decent blackmailer, Goodell and company can change the terms whenever they wish, much like they already have. After all, this entire thing started with Goodell declaring Miami is out because some folks got rained on in '07. With the plethora of teams already pushing for new stadiums(Chargers, Vikings, Rams), teams that will have to shortly(Jags), and teams already making renovations(Panthers), your going to run out of Superbowls to regularly give out.

That just focuses on the practical and not the objections based on principle.

Florida is going to be paying off the Marlins stadium for another 36 years. As of last year, the Dolphins are $230 million in debt from their last set of renovations(assuming that hasnt been paid off, which i tend to doubt or else Ross wouldnt be pushing for public money this hard). Residents of south Florida have every right to be nervous about this deal. And people shouldnt be trying to sneak a fast one by them by suggesting "its not coming out of your pocket". It is, one way or another, it is.
Nice post bro.:hi5: I think that is why this deal gets done differently then the Marlins. The Chargers here are struggling to get a new stadium deal. I will tell you this the Miami community better get it together before San Diego does because if they get a new state of the art stadium I can guarantee you they will get into the rotation right away because of the climate, the beach, and everything is so close. A lot of commentators say how they love doing San Diego games because the weather out here is ideal. If Miami can't get it together then they have a harder time in getting into the rotation.

I know the Miami area has been hit really hard. This could help with more jobs if the stadium is sold out game after game, host more other events such as soccer, the Dolphins get into the playoffs, and the super bowls to boot. The super bowl will help that community a whole lot more than if they don't have the super bowls.

Nice post bro.:hi5: I think that is why this deal gets done differently then the Marlins. The Chargers here are struggling to get a new stadium deal. I will tell you this the Miami community better get it together before San Diego does because if they get a new state of the art stadium I can guarantee you they will get into the rotation right away because of the climate, the beach, and everything is so close. A lot of commentators say how they love doing San Diego games because the weather out here is ideal. If Miami can't get it together then they have a harder time in getting into the rotation.

I know the Miami area has been hit really hard. This could help with more jobs if the stadium is sold out game after game, host more other events such as soccer, the Dolphins get into the playoffs, and the super bowls to boot. The super bowl will help that community a whole lot more than if they don't have the super bowls.

I dont think there is going to be much of a rotation anymore because now we have the blackmail effect for communities to build stadiums. The Nfl has alot of other cities still to blackmail to get new stadiums so many places will get superbowls as their part in the blackmail process.

I dont think there is going to be much of a rotation anymore because now we have the blackmail effect for communities to build stadiums. The Nfl has alot of other cities still to blackmail to get new stadiums so many places will get superbowls as their part in the blackmail process.
Then don't do it and watch the Dolphins stadium turn into a dump like Qualcomm is for the Chargers.

Then don't do it and watch the Dolphins stadium turn into a dump like Qualcomm is for the Chargers.

The difference is San Diego is the owner of the stadium and is responsible for the costs of fixing it. The city of Miami does not own Sun Life Stadium. If it turns into a dump then thats due to poor ownership and the nfl.

The difference is San Diego is the owner of the stadium and is responsible for the costs of fixing it. The city of Miami does not own Sun Life Stadium. If it turns into a dump then thats due to poor ownership and the nfl.
Bro the Charger fans are tired of how the Spanos got over of the city with the guarantee sell out that the city had to pay here for years. All the Spanos care about here is walking away with 30 million profit year after year which they are averaging between 25-30 million a year now. The reason they won't get a new stadium done is the Spanos family won't kick in enough. Ross is offering to put some money in to make this happen. So Mr. Ross and the Dolphins have to suffer because the community got into a bad deal with the Marlins? If you are a business man and you reach out to the community for a partnership and get turned away and there is no partnership why keep your team there?

Bro the Charger fans are tired of how the Spanos got over of the city with the guarantee sell out that the city had to pay here for years. All the Spanos care about here is walking away with 30 million profit year after year which they are averaging between 25-30 million a year now. The reason they won't get a new stadium done is the Spanos family won't kick in enough. Ross is offering to put some money in to make this happen. So Mr. Ross and the Dolphins have to suffer because the community got into a bad deal with the Marlins? If you are a business man and you reach out to the community for a partnership and get turned away and there is no partnership why keep your team there?

As far as Im concerned he can attempt to move his team any time he likes. he owns the damn stadium. Now Im sure the NFL is not going to just let him pick up and move so they can lose another major market.
Its mighty white of him to put in funds to fix a stadium he owns 100 percent of. How is Ross suffering , its expected when u own something that your profits go into upkeep. I mean should we go around and pay for renovation of every business in Miami. The big difference is the city of Miami actually owns the baseball stadium although it was a horrible deal for city since the marlins make money from every event there somehow. Im personally starting to hate the new business of sport where millionaires are subsidized by hurting tax populace to keep more of their millions. Pro teams should be quite ashamed of who is footing bill but thats why they rake it in

No more corporate welfare.

The citizens always get screwed with these public financing things...Never pays off studies have shown.

The worst part of these things are these owners heavily support the GOP who want less ordinary people welfare, and less government spending..But corporate welfare spending via government is okay...:rolleyes2:

No more corporate welfare.

The citizens always get screwed with these public financing things...Never pays off studies have shown.

The worst part of these things are these owners heavily support the GOP who want less ordinary people welfare, and less government spending..But corporate welfare spending via government is okay...:rolleyes2:

Personally u have to love the business model. U own a business and dont even have to pay for fixing your own venue.

Ridiculous. Why does a billionaire need welfare? If a SB is such a boon to the economy, who don't the local businesses chip in to help make this happen?

As far as Im concerned he can attempt to move his team any time he likes. he owns the damn stadium. Now Im sure the NFL is not going to just let him pick up and move so they can lose another major market.
Its mighty white of him to put in funds to fix a stadium he owns 100 percent of. How is Ross suffering , its expected when u own something that your profits go into upkeep. I mean should we go around and pay for renovation of every business in Miami. The big difference is the city of Miami actually owns the baseball stadium although it was a horrible deal for city since the marlins make money from every event there somehow. Im personally starting to hate the new business of sport where millionaires are subsidized by hurting tax populace to keep more of their millions. Pro teams should be quite ashamed of who is footing bill but thats why they rake it in

I don't think the NFL would have any issue whatsoever with the team moving, it worked out brilliantly for them the way the Baltimore-Cleveland situation played out, two brand new stadiums and a new solid market. I'm sure they would love to replicate that entire scenario.

Back
Top Bottom