Barry Jackson: Notes and Quotes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Notes and Quotes

Do people forget you can only win games with Scoring points? Not speed. Not shiftiness. Not Exceptional route running. Scoring Points. As in , Touch Downs. Something both Wallace and Jennings seem to do. and do Often.

In the 2012 season the Miami Dolphins only had Two WR touch downs. I ask you, Do you want to win, or continue the mediocrity?

Crazy how they mentioned at least 10 holes just as us realists have and yet Ireland survived.

that article is more depressing than anything else.

5yi1z7-1.jpg

First i went through this thread and read the part Nublar quoted:

The Dolphins know they must make at least one high impact move in free agency. Ross expects "to spend a lot of money," a close associate said.

Then opened the article and read:

Even beyond Long, “this line needs to get fixed,” Lombardi said. “John Jerry isn’t a quality starter on a good team.”

Im suddenly filled with foreboding about how that money is going to be spent.

Do people forget you can only win games with Scoring points? Not speed. Not shiftiness. Not Exceptional route running. Scoring Points. As in , Touch Downs. Something both Wallace and Jennings seem to do. and do Often.

In the 2012 season the Miami Dolphins only had Two WR touch downs. I ask you, Do you want to win, or continue the mediocrity?

holy crab cakes. Had no idea we were THAT inept at the position this year. Now that is depressing.

First i went through this thread and read the part Nublar quoted:

Then opened the article and read:

Im suddenly filled with foreboding about how that money is going to be spent.
I am sure some money is going to go towards the offensive line, it has to. Either Long gets money or his replacement does. Addressing the offensive line though is not the "impact" signing Ross and Ireland are talking about. It will likely be one of the two big time free agent receivers (Jennings or Wallace)

Can't wait for March 12th, this is going to be a very fun and exciting offseason for the Dolphins. :)

My favorite part of the article went after the guy I can't stand in a fin's uniform and made mention of a guy I was high on - I still hate that trade and not because the Colts did better than anyone thought. Because we traded a good starting CB and have none on the roster. The only thing I disagree with Casserly on is the "physical guy" bit - unless he means the shape he's in - because he hits like a chick from the Lingerie League...

Added Casserly: “Sean Smith is a physical guy, but when he’s facing quick, change of direction guys, those are the guys that give him trouble. Cornerback needs to be upgraded there.”
Though Smith prefers to stay, it's looking like he might get more money elsewhere. Miami ignored Smith in recent months while starting talks with Hartline, Long and Randy Starks.
“You can’t pay Smith $8 million or $9 million a year,” Herock said. “They promote him as a top corner, but he’s not. Vontae Davis is the better corner, and he would have been cheaper next year ($1.1 million) than Smith.”
Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I am sure some money is going to go towards the offensive line, it has to. Either Long gets money or his replacement does. Addressing the offensive line though is not the "impact" signing Ross and Ireland are talking about. It will likely be one of the two big time free agent receivers (Jennings or Wallace)

Can't wait for March 12th, this is going to be a very fun and exciting offseason for the Dolphins. :)
How many years have we been "upgrading" the offensive line - it's insane!

Not sure if it is really that interesting or surprising. I think everyone already agrees that this is Ireland's make or break year. He needs to deliver this year.

It does go against the sentiment that everyone in the league this that Ireland is doing a good job as a GM. Granted that guy isn't with a team anymore but, if he was, he probably wouldn't be free to say something like that.

It does go against the sentiment that everyone in the league this that Ireland is doing a good job as a GM. Granted that guy isn't with a team anymore but, if he was, he probably wouldn't be free to say something like that.

You said it, he isn't in the league. So he doesn't have any first hand knowledge of how things are going in league circles. Also, I am sure there are people in the league that don't like Ireland or question him. At the same time I bet there are people in the league that don't like and question Bill Belichick. You are never going to find a person that everyone likes or agrees with. It is like Ryan Clark and Joey Porter saying that "No one wants to play for Miami" yet stars like Greg Jennings want to be in Miami and why Reggie Bush keeps going public that he wants to stay.

You might be surprised at how many league insiders respect Ireland and think he has the team on the right track to building a consistent winner. With that said, this remains a make or break season for Ireland.

With that said, this remains a make or break season for Ireland.

Question for everyone who thinks this is a make or break season for Ireland: Has Ross said anything in public that can be construed as saying that Ireland is out if things do not improve dramatically? If so, what and when? If not, then why should we believe that Ross will get rid of Ireland if he does not succeed? Frankly, I think Ross may be happy with the current state of mediocrity in the GM office. After all, he hasn't done anything to change the way we acquire players in the last four years.

Question for everyone who thinks this is a make or break season for Ireland: Has Ross said anything in public that can be construed as saying that Ireland is out if things do not improve dramatically? If so, what and when? If not, then why should we believe that Ross will get rid of Ireland if he does not succeed? Frankly, I think Ross may be happy with the current state of mediocrity in the GM office. After all, he hasn't done anything to change the way we acquire players in the last four years.
Well, it has been made clear that Ross is placing the blame of the problems between 2008 and 2010 on Parcells. Ireland pretty much got a clean slate by the owner starting with the 2011 offseason. That means in the eye of the owner, Mike Pouncey was Ireland's first draft pick not Jake Long. Obviously there are fans that don't agree with that and will say "well what did Ireland do those first 3 years?" Good question, but in the eyes of the owner he was being held back and over ruled by Parcells.

So technically this could be considered Ireland's third offseason and if you don't produce a winner within three years you will be shown the door. Ross even made a point in his post season press conference that winning is the ultimate plan in 2013 and Ireland needs to deliver. Another big factor indicating this is a make or break offseason for Ireland is that his contract expires after this season. If the Dolphins have a losing record again in 2013 there is no way Ross will give Ireland a contract extension.

I really hate when fans say that "Ross doesn't care about winning" or that he "loves mediocrity" that is such a dumb argument. Ross spent more money than any owner between 2009 and 2010 on free agents. This article even states that Ross is expecting to use a lot of money this offseason. Ross wants to win, and don't for one minute think he is "happy" with losing.

It's more interesting who they didn't comment on.

Back
Top Bottom