Barry Jackson: Notes and Quotes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Notes and Quotes

Well, it has been made clear that Ross is placing the blame of the problems between 2008 and 2010 on Parcells. Ireland pretty much got a clean slate by the owner starting with the 2011 offseason. That means in the eye of the owner, Mike Pouncey was Ireland's first draft pick not Jake Long. Obviously there are fans that don't agree with that and will say "well what did Ireland do those first 3 years?" Good question, but in the eyes of the owner he was being held back and over ruled by Parcells.

So technically this could be considered Ireland's third offseason and if you don't produce a winner within three years you will be shown the door. Ross even made a point in his post season press conference that winning is the ultimate plan in 2013 and Ireland needs to deliver. Another big factor indicating this is a make or break offseason for Ireland is that his contract expires after this season. If the Dolphins have a losing record again in 2013 there is no way Ross will give Ireland a contract extension.

I really hate when fans say that "Ross doesn't care about winning" or that he "loves mediocrity" that is such a dumb argument. Ross spent more money than any owner between 2009 and 2010 on free agents. This article even states that Ross is expecting to use a lot of money this offseason. Ross wants to win, and don't for one minute think he is "happy" with losing.

Why is Ross' opinion a source of validation for you? I like him because he has been willing to spend money and step back, but i have yet to see how he's some shrewd football mind. He did resign Tony Sparano after all. He is paying Carl Peterson for...well, heck, i have no idea what Peterson is doing(which im fine with as long as he isnt GM, but still raises the question of why he receives a paycheck). And didnt he put out a feeler for Eric Mangini in an advisor role? Those names arent exactly Bill Walsh, Ron Wolf, and Tony Dungy.

And i guess Ireland "technically" never cashed a paycheck. Anyone else miss the days of Don Shula and accountability? There was no question about who did what. And when something didnt go right Shula stepped forward and took the blame. Then again that didnt happen often because Shula actually won games. At one point in time not going to the Superbowl was considered a failure of a season. Now our fans fawn over 7 wins.

Can you please show evidence that states Ireland will be fired if we dont win next year. Ive seen nothing to indicate he will be gone. Heck, i listened to this all last offseason("he has no more excuses, he has a good coach now and you can win with a rookie qb!") and that turned out about as expected. Our owner publically stated he expected a playoff run and would consider making changes if we had another losing season...and is apparently satisfied with our sub-.500 year. I have run across no evidence showing Ross will feel differently next year.

Also, Ross has stated he is only responsible for this past year. Before that he couldnt really be called owner, because he didnt have his own people in place. So "technically" he doesnt get credit for spending that money. After all, he didnt have final say, right?

jerry was a problem in the run blocking...if he would have just picked up the right man at the 2nd level or stayed on his feet more we would have done more damage there... not happy with his play in that regard at right guard...

always great to read "sean smith is not as good a corner as vontae davis"...ughhh what a mistake that was...totally agree with the sean smith can't locate or find the football...it's really bad even when he's in good position...good luck finding vontaes tools at the cb position in the 2nd round...

greg jennings is a step up from brian hartline even if they are similar players which i would disagree about anyways...both heady football players but unless age is actually catching up with jennings this really shouldn't be a close comparison...i can see some concerns about what jennings has left in the tank...if need be protect yourself in that contract to give yourself an early out if you can...if the moneys close roll the dice on jennings...hartlines not getting you over the hump

wondering where the red zone win options are gonna come from...if it's the draft having a hard time finding wrs that consistently win as the field condenses...eiferts a red zone win option te...even if you land a wallace or jennings you still must find red zone win guys...

i also can understand the concerns about martin on the left side...this kids not uber athletic or outstanding feet...but he's got a little nasty streak he seems to put poor snaps in the rearview he's got the right mentality and he competes...he could overachieve down the road

We need speed on both sides of the ball as well as guys who make fricken plays, game changing plays!!!

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I like where Casserly said Sean Smith is physical. ..LMAO!! He can't be talking about the Dolphins Sean Smith because Smith is as soft as cotton and can't tackle let alone play physical.

In the 2012 season the Miami Dolphins only had Two WR touch downs. I ask you, Do you want to win, or continue the mediocrity?

Not to nit-pick but just off the top of my head I remember Hartline, Bess and Moore all catching TD's. Agree with you though, we need at least 2 new receivers.

I enjoy Barry's articles. They're always useful, unbiased and informative. thanks for the post!

Back
Top Bottom