Barry Jackson on Landry's contract. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson on Landry's contract.

kellyh3034

Scout Team
Reaction score
I cant post it or link the article because I'm not a subscriber on this computer but go read the Miami Herald's story for those who can. Barry J. has a story on Landry and his agent. It looks to be a bit messy. Disrespect is the main word of the article.

Tannenbaum doesn't seem to be handling this very well

You mean Jarvis Landry?

The fans don't understand the business side of football? Why we because we don't have millions in the bank.

Of all the great players in the history of the Miami Dolphins, he would be the easiest to replace.

Last edited:
Tannenbaum doesn't seem to be handling this very well

Wouldn't worry about it too much. Contract negotiations are never an easy process . . . Landry has been hungry since last offseason and he is an emotional guy. This goes on throughout the league we just have better insight to this because of how close we are to the situation.

Sounds like typical contract negotiations where the player will use anything to get the advantage, just like management will do. With Landry and his agent going public, it puts the pressure on the team in regards to public image.

Disrespect in this case equals truth. I love Landry but he has had several blow ups that cost us and has a very low YPC. It is not disrespectful to include this along with everything else when deciding what to do. He is not a #1 receiver PERIOD. He is a hell of a receiver and I hope he stays a Dolphin, but the price has to be based on everything!

Sounds like typical contract negotiations where the player will use anything to get the advantage, just like management will do. With Landry and his agent going public, it puts the pressure on the team in regards to public image.

Yep and if a deal gets done any negative press that happened prior will seem like it never happened.

And if it doesn't, then both sides will say their piece and it will be soon forgotten because they will not be associated with each other.

Then it becomes "Juice did this and that, our front office sucks we should of kept him" vs. "Juice fell off, I am so glad we didn't sign him to that massive contract".

At least Miami has stated they wanted him back to the agent and have made offers . . . that is better than no communication at all.

Juice has the leverage here to get paid . . . Miami can hustle all they want but in the end either Jarvis will get a franchise tag placed on him, he will get resigned by Miami for an offer that will likely be in the range he is seeking or somebody else will give him that offer. There is no real savings here for the Dolphins . . . Miami took any savings potential they had when they had him play on that last year of his rookie deal.

Still this is a process and it seems to be going about how I expected thus far.

Except that there is no real pressure. A few idiot fans who think Jarvis should get a blank check because he's "fiery" isn't going to be a catalyst for making a monumental contractual mistake, at least not this year.

The FO made it's mistakes last year handing out contracts to Kiko, Branch, Timmons and McDonald as well as the wasted $10 million dollar rollover on Jay Cutler so they are not without blame.

Jarvis Landry's #14 jersey is the only Dolphin gear my soon to be 1 year old son has ever worn. I love Jarvis. I just love the Dolphins more.

The franchise comes first.

Landry will be with another team next year. I’m not sure if he will get the money he is looking for...who knows, the Browns might give him a boat load.

This is normal for every player signing.. We waited to long extending scrubs like Kiko, Cutler, and McDonald. Now we will have to pay more money. TY T-Bum. If we lose Landry. T-Bum should be fired immediately.

Back
Top Bottom