Barry Jackson on Landry's contract. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson on Landry's contract.

I’d actually do that deal.... the guarantees are minimal @ $18M. Essentially a 2y, $18M deal.

Nah it is not that simple of the deal.

While the only "guaranteed money" is the 18 million signing bonus . . . he has a 5 million dollar roster bonus due on the 3rd day of 2018 season opening and a 3.5 million dollar roster bonus due on the 3rd day of 2019 season.

Plus 3.5 million in base salary . . . . So that deal if they wanted to get out in 2 years is 2 years/30 million . . . . and they would take a cap hit of 7.2 million if they let him go after.

You tag him he’s not sitting out the year. He’s banking that $16 mil which is 16 times more annually than he made his first 4 years

Correct . . . the tag would be used Miami to essentially help aid the process of getting an extension done. Once Jarvis knows he can no longer negotiate a deal with other teams he then has to wrestle with the idea of either playing on a 1 year deal, guaranteed at a base that is higher than he would get elsewhere . . . but also know that there is nothing guaranteed after and bad injuries happen every year and be more open to at least doing something that can guarantee him double that franchise tag amount.

Miami also doesn't wanna sit with that much cap gone either so neither side wants to go this route but Miami may have to to get something done. They will find a way to get the cap space.

I don’t know why everyone has to crap on the kid either. He’s played for peanuts his 4 years far outproduced his pay held up the terms of the rookie contract now he wants to get paid like a guy does if he hits free agency his age with his production.

Hell he didn’t even miss a day of camp or say anything publicly about his contract in season unless provoked by the media.

Eggs are in his basket outside of the tag which he’d play for at $16 mil.

This dudes made no money $16 mil and he’s taking it and holding you to the fire in 2019 pay or he walks that simple

You tag him he’s not sitting out the year. He’s banking that $16 mil which is 16 times more annually than he made his first 4 years

I agree he would do that, but he risks everything on the tag, that's a simple football fact. He seems like the type who would take that chance, but it's still a huge risk when you consider all of the guarantees he would be passing up, even from us.

Does anyone think davante Adam's is way overpaid or is it just me?

Relative to who? He's pretty good to me and actually has the ability to play all the positions, dominate and score from anywhere on the field. Can Landry do that?

I don’t know why everyone has to crap on the kid either. He’s played for peanuts his 4 years far outproduced his pay held up the terms of the rookie contract now he wants to get paid like a guy does if he hits free agency his age with his production.

Hell he didn’t even miss a day of camp or say anything publicly about his contract in season unless provoked by the media.

Eggs are in his basket outside of the tag which he’d play for at $16 mil.

This dudes made no money $16 mil and he’s taking it and holding you to the fire in 2019 pay or he walks that simple

No ones crapping on Jarvis based on what i've read here. People, rightfully so, are questioning relative to other players and what they bring to the field is he worth his asking price?

I agree he would do that, but he risks everything on the tag, that's a simple football fact. He seems like the type who would take that chance, but it's still a huge risk when you consider all of the guarantees he would be passing up, even from us.

He’d bet on himself which is the same thing he did playing out the last year of his rookie contract terms.

That dude does not struggle for confidence in his game

No ones crapping on Jarvis based on what i've read here. People, rightfully so, are questioning relative to other players and what they bring to the field is he worth his asking price?

Maybe not in this thread but they’ve crapped on him everywhere else

But people don’t understand free agency and value if they think he’s gonna as a free agent this year settle for Baldwin money two years ago or something

The market speaks sure he could do you a solid and take a little less but if he won’t hes held up his end of the contract terms and you’ve gotten way more bang for your buck than the production should pay at

And now miamis using Mando as it’s puppet

Landry and his camp were always going to chase the money no matter what. So the fact that they're pretending that article by Armando got their feelings hurt is laughable to me.

Anyways, will be tough to see him go but I don't see much of an option. Really good player, but he wants way too much money.

People are crapping on him and people are not understanding free agency.

Until you take every player and project their salary based on them being a free agent in 2018 . . . the whole argument is bunk. Miami could of gotten this done last year at a cheaper price and passed. Same people yelling 14 million a year is outrageous are the same people who probably wouldn't mind him being extended last year at 11 million a year . . . . when in the end, both numbers are near equal after 5 years.

I’m not sure why you are such a big fan of his hoops. In 4 years of him being the centerpiece of our offense, nothing amazing has happened. Yeah, there’s a lot more factors like the scheme, surrounding players, qb play, etc.

I think him and Tannehill have a great connection and want him back, but I would not spend Davante Adams money on him. I would take Davante Adams, Keenan Allen (a million times) and Doug Baldwin all over him. I would trade Landry for Allen in a split second

Back
Top Bottom