Barry Jackson on Landry's contract. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson on Landry's contract.

Landry can’t lose. If he hits unrestricted free agency, he’s going to get 60 million, with at least half of it guranteeed.

The Dolphins will lose, though. But that’s par for the course for them. Lose, lose, and lose more.

At least we have Tannehill, Andre Branch, and Kiko Alonso locked up tho!

This reminds me of tbaums handling of the Revis contract the year he held out into camp with the jets on hard knocks

The jets caved

You mean Jarvis Landry?

The fans don't understand the business side of football? Why we because we don't have millions in the bank.

Of all the great players in the history of the Miami Dolphins, he would be the easiest to replace.

Preach it. I'm with you. I lose all interest in a player's comments when they start throwing out the 'respect' card. Juice, you need to look in the mirror. Stop calling yourself a team player given your antics this year. I won't miss watching him pile up 9 yard underneath routes on third and 15. Spend the $$ elsewhere please.

I wonder how many of the people who will be complaining if Landry isn’t resigned are the same people who applauded the F.O. for that Kiko extension, or for bringing in Cutler. Those two moves look fantastic now.

Financial decisions have consequences and in this case we may be losing a very good player because the team was overly generous with a mediocre linebacker and made a panic move to lure a washed-up journeyman out of the broadcast booth.

9405.jpg

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports impending free agent Jarvis Landry is seeking a "contract in the range" of the one Davante Adams signed with the Packers at the end of the season.

Adams signed a four-year, $58 million pact with $18 million guaranteed, and his $14.5 million annual average made Adams the league's fourth-highest-paid wideout. Adams is a prolific touchdown scorer, whereas Landry is coming off a career-best nine scores this past season. He has 22 touchdowns in four seasons and plays strictly out of the slot. Doug Baldwin and Keenan Allen are making just north of $11 million per year as the highest-paid slot receivers. To this point, Landry has said he's felt a bit "disrespected" by Miami's

Ozzy rules!!

Landry will light it up with someone else. But I really hope he goes to the Giants. Landry and OBJ together...that wuld be funny!

Right and Revis was a much, much better player at his position at that time than JL is at his.

That’s true he was the top corner in football. A monster

But what people need to understand is guys get paid top 5 money who aren’t top 5 in free agency. Hell we did it with mike Wallace.

Timing and age and production and durability all play into it. And juice checks off all those boxes

If he hits I bet he finds devantae Adams money. Possibly more if there’s a bidding war

I smell a tag barring an extension

9405.jpg

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports impending free agent Jarvis Landry is seeking a "contract in the range" of the one Davante Adams signed with the Packers at the end of the season.

Adams signed a four-year, $58 million pact with $18 million guaranteed, and his $14.5 million annual average made Adams the league's fourth-highest-paid wideout. Adams is a prolific touchdown scorer, whereas Landry is coming off a career-best nine scores this past season. He has 22 touchdowns in four seasons and plays strictly out of the slot. Doug Baldwin and Keenan Allen are making just north of $11 million per year as the highest-paid slot receivers. To this point, Landry has said he's felt a bit "disrespected" by Miami's

Ozzy rules!!

Does anyone think davante Adam's is way overpaid or is it just me?

Landry can’t lose. If he hits unrestricted free agency, he’s going to get 60 million, with at least half of it guranteeed.

The Dolphins will lose, though. But that’s par for the course for them. Lose, lose, and lose more.

At least we have Tannehill, Andre Branch, and Kiko Alonso locked up tho!

Landry can certainly lose, there is 1 thing we still have in terms of leverage over him, the franchise tag. Sure he could not sign it, and sit out of football for the entire year. He could also play on it, have a career threatening injury, and screw up his whole career and life after football. Hopefully none of this happens, but all very much within the realm of possibility. Ahh franchise tag leverage lol, it's how the Eagles got Cox signed to a team friendly deal. Had he hit FA, that would have been fun...

Back
Top Bottom