Barry Jackson on Landry's contract. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson on Landry's contract.

No replacement? Carroo was drafted specifically for that purpose. Letting Landry go seems to have been the plan all along.
Plan didn't work did it. Looks like the new GM should have taken notes from the previous gm

Honest question. Does Miami intentionally run their offense through Landry or is he the only very good option for our QB because the other receivers stink? Stills IMO is average, maybe slightly above. Parker is below average and the rest aren't worth mentioning. IMO Landry gets so many balls because who else will the QB throw it to?
That's a fair question. Imo, Landry has been an extension of our running game. If not for the speed of Stills and the presence of Parker(like him or not) then Landry wouldn't have as many chances. Part of it is the defense does not fear Landry to beat them deep. They don't want to get burn by Stills or Parker and they're happy to give us the under. Eventually something normally goes wrong with the drive when you go thru Landry because you need more than 10 to 12 plays a drive to get down there. Any defense will be happy to give you what Landry does than to give up a long TD to Stills and of course we haven't have a top TE since even before Landry got here. I think those are some of the reasons why Landry gets so many targets but whatever the reason, it doesn't work because we don't score enough with him being the target so many times

Ozzy rules!!

Honest question. Does Miami intentionally run their offense through Landry or is he the only very good option for our QB because the other receivers stink? Stills IMO is average, maybe slightly above. Parker is below average and the rest aren't worth mentioning. IMO Landry gets so many balls because who else will the QB throw it to?
Aw shucks thats a state secret your not supposed to share with the crowd.

That's a fair question. Imo, Landry has been an extension of our running game. If not for the speed of Stills and the presence of Parker(like him or not) then Landry wouldn't have as many chances. Part of it is the defense does not fear Landry to beat them deep. They don't want to get burn by Stills or Parker and they're happy to give us the under. Eventually something normally goes wrong with the drive when you go thru Landry because you need more than 10 to 12 plays a drive to get down there. Any defense will be happy to give you what Landry does than to give up a long TD to Stills and of course we haven't have a top TE since even before Landry got here. I think those are some of the reasons why Landry gets so many targets but whatever the reason, it doesn't work because we don't score enough with him being the target so many times

Ozzy rules!!
I will buy part of that explanation but heres the rub, if we had a diva wide out on the roster that was a legit deep threat wouldn't we certainly throw him the ball more often? If on the other hand if our QB can't execute the needed plays on the outside that means ya change the QB or keep Laundry. Your right Laundry is a extention of the running game, which again keeps the defense rested and the offense on the field. Look the point that everyone keeps making regarding his lack of yards per catch and the issue of something like a turnover due to so many of his touches in a drive is the same argument that can be made for any running game and for a fact few running games offer 8 plus yards per carry. When Marino was here we never had a 1000 yard rusher but we had quite a few running/backs/wide receiver types in the Stanley Prichett/Troy Stratford mold that put up a ton of yards catch those dump off passes.

When was this reported? I did hear this about Cutler though. When was Kaep ever considered toxic? By whom and for what reason?

Toxic. Blackballed. Blacklisted. Call it whatever you want, but teams have apparently shunned signing the guy for the protest. Obviously owners and coaches deny It. Goodell has denied. Some fans justify it as he's not very good and doesn't deserve a place on an active roster (but are there 64 better QBs than him? And that's discounting those that carry three QBs!). The guy even has a collision lawsuit pending.

Now I've never heard anything about him being a bad teammate, but that's not relevant if owners/gms won't sign the guy.

For sure that has some truth, but there is also the fact that 35-40% of receptions are designed screen passes to him on the line of scrimmage.

The obvious answer to the Jarvis debate that this board is ignoring is the transition tag. It allows us to and Jarvis to find out his true value with no risk of losing him unless we want to. I can’t imagine a team giveing more than 12 million to possession guy, but if they do then we move on.

Fff**** the transition tag! It's the single most stupid thing to do! It's already kept us from receiving compensation for Clay and OV. You transition you give up the comp pick.

Meh, we got nearly the same effect from Brian hartline that we get from Landry. I think we'll be surprised how easy it is to find a semi athletic receiver with good hands that can run routes.
Funny that you bring him up, I checked their stats yesterday just for kicks... The only reason I didnt post them was the nuclear effect it would've had on the board...LOL!

I'll just say this, it's a good thing Landry had more TDs this season, because if he had put up the same old 3-4 TDs. Had I shown both players statline without labaling them with their name, most everyone would have picked Hartline over Landry...

Toxic. Blackballed. Blacklisted. Call it whatever you want, but teams have apparently shunned signing the guy for the protest. Obviously owners and coaches deny It. Goodell has denied. Some fans justify it as he's not very good and doesn't deserve a place on an active roster (but are there 64 better QBs than him? And that's discounting those that carry three QBs!). The guy even has a collision lawsuit pending.

Now I've never heard anything about him being a bad teammate, but that's not relevant if owners/gms won't sign the guy.

Its about the money. While in the papers you read about a lot of push supporting the guy from the left on the right side of the equation there is a ton of money saying they are not supporting the cause he is pushing. Not debating the right or wrong here just "probably" the facts. I was surprised to hear somewhere some of the police in Miami were not attending the games over this so there ya go.

Last edited:

It's also not relevant to his football abilities. I don't think he would've been a good fit for our offense, maybe Gase could have done something with it...but I do know I am glad we didn't inherit the headache bullshit news stream of angry fans that protest the NFL because of Kaep's stance.

And don't try to tell me it doesn't happen...I know multiple people and families who have stopped watching the NFL over Kaep's protests. Him coming to the Dolphins would have been a major landslide of news coverage I for one wouldn't have welcomed.

Funny that you bring him up, I checked their stats yesterday just for kicks... The only reason I didnt post them was the nuclear effect it would've had on the board...LOL!

I'll just say this, it's a good thing Landry had more TDs this season, because if he had put up the same old 3-4 TDs. Had I shown both players statline without labaling them with their name, most everyone would have picked Hartline over Landry...
Yeah Landry is for sure a better player, but I think for what he brings he can be replaced for much cheaper. I keep looking at Edelman and amendola and their like 10 million combined salaries.

We target him 160 TIMES this year. How is that not running our offense thru him?

Ozzy rules!!

Because that was the best option with the limitations at QB. Similar to 2015, because of offensive limitations. With everyone healthy and on the same page, the offense opens up, and Landry's targets go down. That's better for everyoen, imo.

Because that was the best option with the limitations at QB. Similar to 2015, because of offensive limitations. With everyone healthy and on the same page, the offense opens up, and Landry's targets go down. That's better for everyoen, imo.
But if his targets go down, does he then deserve top 5 money? What do we do if Parker goes off at last like a real #1? You'd then have to pay Parker top money which you wouldn't have because we used it for a slot WR. That'd not work.

Ozzy rules!!

But if his targets go down, does he then deserve top 5 money? What do we do if Parker goes off at last like a real #1? You'd then have to pay Parker top money which you wouldn't have because we used it for a slot WR. That'd not work.

Ozzy rules!!

I am of the opinion that Landry deserves the equivalent of TY Hilton money, yes. And if Parker goes off like a real #1, cross that bridge then. And if he DOES, you're gonna see Landry's YPC jump. Less catches, more YAC.

Imagine how many seats would be filled if we cut Alonso and signed kap.

They would be giving stacks of tickets away at Burger King.

Thought I would throw that in since I have already said all I know to say in support of keeping Landry regardless of contract. At some point a franchise has to start stockpiling talent instead of cap and picks.

Back
Top Bottom