Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes

just ReRead my post and had a typo... I first put performed better than Long at Left tackle... which I rightfully changed to "will perform better in future years"
i can see that.

honestly, i find long's decline really sad. from the second game of 2009 until about 2/3 of the way thru the 2010 season, long's play was absolutely dominant, the best stretch of tackle play i've ever seen from a dolphin (and i was a fan during the webb years). he looked like a surefire hall of famer and he hadn't even hit his prime yet. then he hurt his elbow, i think it was against tennessee, and the next week long was obviously not the same; julius peppers abused him. and ever since then it's just been a steady stream of injuries and declining play and it just sucks.

My gut tells me Miami is much better with Long at LT and Martin at RT. Or maybe my gut is telling me I'm hungry.

Im not saying we should hand him the big money but Long is still a great player. He wont last a week in free agency before he gets the money he wants. Long is better than Martin dont let the hate around here fool you.

If Ireland can lock Long up for a reasonable price I don't think any of us should complain. I'd like to know what numbers Hartline and Long turned down during the season. Would be disheartening to hear Hartline is wanting big money.

What were Longs rookie sack/hurry numbers? I mean, Martin wasn't drafted to be the LT. An offseason in the weight room and working with staff will improve his performance.
They must have been low, because Chad Pennington made it through the season, the Dolphins only had a few turnovers, and he made the Pro Bowl. Martin is good, but he is no Jake Long.

If Ireland can lock Long up for a reasonable price I don't think any of us should complain. I'd like to know what numbers Hartline and Long turned down during the season. Would be disheartening to hear Hartline is wanting big money.

I dont think ANY free agent would ever accept the first offer that was made to them, especially when a GM will start low. I wouldnt think much of Hartine or Long's refusal so sign the very first thing offered.

Obviously price and health are the key factors with Long but he has been the best OL since Richmond Webb. If he can get healthy it's a no brainier we have to keep him no matter the cost. Out future QB depends on great blindside protection. Of course that's if he is healthy. We won't find anyone better. Keeping Long at LT and Martin at RT, along with Pounct at C, we can focus on our guard play.

martin was bad in week 17...

interesting that jake and hartline both declined offers during the season...i wonder if jake wishes now he had signed...maybe...hartline i'm sure they low balled him and he wouldn't take the bait...betting on $5 mil plus per year now at least

I think hartline wants to play for an Ohio team! His girl tweeted awhile back that Miami is no place to raise a family! Cleveland would be my guess!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me

I think hartline wants to play for an Ohio team! His girl tweeted awhile back that Miami is no place to raise a family! Cleveland would be my guess!

I'm not sure I would want to raise a family in Cleveland, either

Hartline also said he wanted to play for a winner. That rules out Cleveland. That would be more like Cincinnati if he wants back in Ohio.

He would be a good fit in the bengals offense opposite AJ green, They lacked a Brian Hartline this year.

I still think Belicheck is going to steel him to replace Wes Welker. Makes the most sense to me.

Hartline will give a discount to the Patriots for a chance to win (just like everyone else.)

The Patriots have 4 Wide Receivers who are free agents and need to be resigned or replaced.

Hartline will have a monster year with Brady/Gronk/Hernandez and at half the cost of the higher priced FA recievers.

Hartline had 18 catches for 278 yards and 1Td against the Patriots over the last 2 season.

Belicheck subtracts one of our best weapons against him and then use them to make his team better (cheaper roster)

You heard it here 1st.

Yeah, the "MEOW snap of the whip should always be considered in any NFL player negotiation. Do we think that little of Hartline or, that much of a girlfriend's twitter? LMAO

Hartline also said he wanted to play for a winner. That rules out Cleveland. That would be more like Cincinnati if he wants back in Ohio.

He would be a good fit in the bengals offense opposite AJ green, They lacked a Brian Hartline this year.

I still think Belicheck is going to steel him to replace Wes Welker. Makes the most sense to me.

Hartline will give a discount to the Patriots for a chance to win (just like everyone else.)

The Patriots have 4 Wide Receivers who are free agents and need to be resigned or replaced.

Hartline will have a monster year with Brady/Gronk/Hernandez and at half the cost of the higher priced FA recievers.

Hartline had 18 catches for 278 yards and 1Td against the Patriots over the last 2 season.

Belicheck subtracts one of our best weapons against him and then use them to make his team better (cheaper roster)

You heard it here 1st.

Hartline is not even close to Welker. Welker is a tough SOB with very good balance that can get off press coverage. Hartline is a ***sy that can't stay on his feet and disapears when pressed.

Hartline to the Patriots is scary. Hartline may have an issue with falling down, but he catches everything. Best sideline, two feet inbound, WR in NFL....Brian Hartline.

Back
Top Bottom