Baylor vs Washinton tonight at 9pm | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baylor vs Washinton tonight at 9pm

I'd say it's about the same. Malzahn didn't use a playbook with either... they used flash cards to signal in the same 4 or 5 plays depending on where they were on the field, they'd just change the formation.

Malzahn ran a faster paced no huddle. His goal is to run as many plays as possible in a game (usually 80 plays was the least Malzahn would be satisfied with).

Malzahn's running game was a little more "power" based (Pulling guard, double team at the point of attack, etc.) and used Lutzenkirchen as an H-back to get the kick-out or pin-and-pull on the backside DE.

Briles offense is more finesse, as he uses mostly 10 or 11 personnel.

The passing games are very similar in simplicity, but different concepts. Cam threw more NFL routes in Malzahn's offense. They ran more outs and deep crossing routes.

I mean, Cam couldn't even call a play when Jon Gruden asked him to call a play that he would run at Auburn. Obviously that didn't mean much....

He called a play...he said 38...38 is a play, lol.

Apparently he meant that's how many touchdowns he was going to score as a rookie...

Never saw it coming. I guess if he scores 4 TDs this weekend we can add prophet to his rookie of the year campaign.

Never saw it coming. I guess if he scores 4 TDs this weekend we can add prophet to his rookie of the year campaign.

i did...ok not 40 tds as a rook but a guy who was gonna maybe redefine the game as a duel threat...kids rediculous...god i wish he was our qb...game days would be good times...even with the losses right now

i did...ok not 40 tds as a rook but a guy who was gonna maybe redefine the game as a duel threat...kids rediculous...god i wish he was our qb...game days would be good times...even with the losses right now

Yeah, yeah I know you said you would take him...but you're a sucker for a big arm anyways, lol.

Cam still has a lot to improve on but Carolina, it seems, as the main piece to the puzzle now. Just need to build a team aorund him. Another WR or two to pair up with Steve Smith and a defense...although they did have a lot of injuries on defense this year. Could be interesting next year, they might take the #2 spot in that division over Atlanta if the defense comes together. If they lose Chud though, might be trouble cause Chud has completely adapted his offense to Cam and he's added some new wrinkles every week. Most "established" OCs would have tried to shoehorn Cam into their offense.

how would you rate the difficulty of the offense for the qb position in briles o relative to malzahns offense with newton at auburn last season slimm???

Slimm; I'd be interested on a your thoughts comparing the aforementioned & what Urban Meyer runs.

p.s. I did notice (for obvious reasons) some variation between UM's tenure in SLC & Gainesville.

Back
Top Bottom