Baylor WR Terrance Williams seems good fit for Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baylor WR Terrance Williams seems good fit for Dolphins

i don't consider press bail coverage to be true press...not when a db starts by taking a step backwards off the snap...i'm sure some of that has to do with williams jab step and footwork and the db being worried about getting beat deep so he's bailing...so that's a definite feather in williams cap

Nice vids, ck, thanks. I like how he works tight spaces in those spread sets; he uses space really well on the sidelines. And it looks like he has a knack for always making himself available by giving his QB a nice obvious target for where to place the ball. Good stuff.

Seems like Williams tries to avoid contact. I haven't seen much tape on the guy, so I'm not claiming I know anything, but from the little I've seen on him, it seems like he's diving to the ground before getting hit, running out of bounds, or not even trying to fight for extra yards. Hartline already struggles with getting yards after the catch. It just kinda seems like Williams shies away from contact. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Seems like Williams tries to avoid contact. I haven't seen much tape on the guy, so I'm not claiming I know anything, but from the little I've seen on him, it seems like he's diving to the ground before getting hit, running out of bounds, or not even trying to fight for extra yards. Hartline already struggles with getting yards after the catch. It just kinda seems like Williams shies away from contact. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a valid observation. I don't think it's that big of a deal. He shows a tendency to care more about the sticks and getting the ball beyond the 1st down marker however he can than he does physically challenging the defenders coming at him. This tendency isn't the reason Brian Hartline is so bad after the catch. Hartline's lack of strength and balance are what make him bad after the catch. There are a few instances where Williams falls down after the catch. But he's young enough to work on that. Hartline is going to stay what he is, in that regard.

I think that's some heavy propaganda. Doesn't run that fast on the field, that's for sure.

Yea looking at his clips he looks faster than 4.6 but definitely doesn't look no 4.3. He'll likely run something like 4.4 or 4.5. The commentators do mention him as a deep threat and "look at his speed" when he takes off running but it doesn't look no 4.3 that's for sure.

I think a lack of separation will worry anyone when it comes to Williams, but when it comes to those "wr skills" he has the goods. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him, at worst he's a very good number 2 IMO.

I actually have a lot of respect for the separation he's getting all told. It seems to me like defenders know what's coming and yet he still separates.

It's so hard to evaluate receivers in college. I remember getting excited about BJ Cunningham after watching him dominate for 4 years, all for nought.

I'm starting to understand Philbin's mentality towards drafting wide outs. Get guys who can run the crisp routes you install, catch the ball consistently, and who aren't whiney divas.

I actually have a lot of respect for the separation he's getting all told. It seems to me like defenders know what's coming and yet he still separates.

I don't it's awful but not sure it's #1 wr worthy either, but his ball skills on the other hand are really impressive.

Back
Top Bottom