BB and the patriot video tapes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BB and the patriot video tapes

:lol: Nice try troll, but not true in the slightest. Ronnie, Zach Thomas, about 4 safeties including Yeremiah Bell and Renaldo Hill as well as Tillman and Worrell, Ricky Williams, Channign Crowder, Andre Goodman, Trent Green, plus others. Oh, did I mention these were all starters and all on IR? There were more that only missed a few games as well. Again, nice try, but your troll attempt failed.

You're right. My Fault. You guys were pretty much undefeated before all those players went down...

i'll tell you why, pats fans are all the same; some pretencious pricks who keep talking about the supremacy of their team, and when something comes up, there's always a "valuable" excuse to explain the anomaly that is a patriot loss

**** the patriots, but most of all, **** the patriot fans (because as much as i hate the patriots, they've provided some great entertainment in the last years i.e. losing the superbowl to the giants )

I do not think any one fan base is all good, all bad, all jerks or all saints. They are made up of people, who are all different.

In addition, I do not think I fall under your umbrella. Check my posts here. Just grouping people together and making a sweeping point is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget that the Patriots DID cheat and this went on since 2001. "Misinterpreting" the rules doesn't get your team off that easily. How does a hall of fame coach "misinterpret" the rules for 7 years? Wake up man, he's had an edge on every team he's played from 2001 to 2008 because of this. Then when he's exposed just before the super bowl vs. the giants, what happens? You lose. Go figure huh?

Just put the asterisk next to all your superbowl victories and I'll be fine with how your team acted.

The Patriots did break the rules. No one has forgotten that. We paid with fines and a first round pick.

How does a field level camera view instead of an enzone/press box camera view give them an edge over every team? Easier on the eyes in the film room? Sure.

What you have demonstrated fit my previous post to a tee. Instead of going off the facts, you simply use the ambiguous term "cheat" and let whatever one's mind can dream up to fill the void.

One could look at the 70's Dolphins and start rampantly calling them cheaters, too. That would be just as disingenuous.

After the 1969 season, Joe Robbie, owner of the Miami Dolphins, signed Shula to a contract to become Miami's second head coach. As a result of Shula's signing the team was charged with tampering by the NFL, which forced the Dolphins to give their first round pick to the Colts. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Shula
We had to give up a first round pick as well. But, when you look into the facts, they don't sound as glamorous. Anyway, thanks to the Fin fans here that make this site worthwhile and a good read. I for one apreciate it.

You're right. My Fault. You guys were pretty much undefeated before all those players went down...
Nobody is saying that at all. We're saying we weren't a 1-15 team if not for the injuries. Injuries are part of the game so no point in crying over it like the Bills fans are this year and the Pats fans did last year.

I do not think any one fan base is all good, all bad, all jerks or all saints. They are made up of people, who are all different.

In addition, I do not think I fall under your umbrella. Check my posts here. Just grouping people together and making a sweeping point is wrong.

i know, but my point is the fan base with the biggest ammount of pricks is the patriots... i know a lot of them and they talk about their team like they actually wear those 3 rings on their fingers, and that football is all about the patriots, that the patriots invented the fire, and then the wheel...

if you root for the bruins and pats, i guess you're a boston guy, so i guess you've been a pats fan before their success, so i respect that...

but a LARGE part of the patriot fanbase are people who started rooting for them JUST because they started winning and being popular (or because they don't know **** about football and picked a team that wins) ... can't stand those (and those are the only ones i know)

but a LARGE part of the patriot fanbase are people who started rooting for them JUST because they started winning and being popular (or because they don't know **** about football and picked a team that wins) ... can't stand those (and those are the only ones i know)

We're making progress here, so bear with me.

While I concede your part of your point is correct, it needs to be slightly altered. The Patriots are the new kid in town. The Red Sox were established in 1901, the Bruins in 1924, the Celtics in 1946 and the Pats arrived in 1960. No matter what, they had an uphill climb in this area. Add that to the fact that they were not god for a long time, and that does not breed excitement for a fanbase. You have to build a following for the fans to come. As you know, the Dolphins went through this, they didn't get that kind of fanatical fan response until they won. In addition, you did not have pro hockey, baseball or basketball to contend with in '66.

When I interviewed Mike Webster, from the 70's Steeler's Iron Curtain teams, he told me the same thing. The Steelers were not a good team for a while, and it wasn't until Knoll & co. assembled those power houses did the fan support become what it was. The obvious point here, is that it takes a winner to make people excited and fans, especially if there are other teams to contend with.

Add to that the fact that we played at a glorified high school stadium that was filled with a lot of unruly fans, and it didn't make the team family friendly either. In fairness, the team did experience a growing fan base over the years, and had some competitive teams in the 70's and 80's. I can only speak for myself, but my earliest memories are about the early 80's. I was in tears in Super Bowl XX.

Now, as for the Pats fans that bother you so much (and hey, I know a lot of who are bother me too), the "modern" Pats fan actually came of age and became this fanatical once the Big Three arrived in Parcells, Bledsoe and Kraft in '93. Sell-outs ever since. We've had some good times and bad, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Anyway, don't take the fans too seriously, it's the game we're really loving. Should be another monster match-up between our two teams as usual.

Take care.

Back
Top Bottom