Bcs Ranking 10/29 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bcs Ranking 10/29

DonShula84 said:
If you dont have preseason rankings and 15 teams all win game 1 how do order them? Based on who they beat or how well they played? But even that is subjective and may negatively impact a team for the rest of the season if they just played one bad game. If Floridas first game was against Auburn and they lost, starting polls from that game on could kill their chances for a BCS game but because you had preseason polls and both are ranked high it isnt as devestating a loss. Or a team like WVU who doesnt play anyone may never get into the top 5. I dont see how you get around neading preseason polls, they just shouldnt count for as much later in the season. If you clearly got it wrong, dont be afraid to rework your poll mid way through the season for example. Or just wait to have any rankings until a few weeks into the season like the BCS.
That's the problem. This rarely happens.
Just like Motion said, it shouldn't happen until several weeks into the season.
Preseason rankings are pure conjecture, but voters use this conjecture to base their future rankings relevant to match-ups of teams in those preseason rankings.

finswin56 said:
That's the problem. This rarely happens.
well, if the voters used their heads, it wouldn't be a problem. we don't have to change anything, the voters just need to be smart.

UF Fin Kat said:
well, if the voters used their heads, it wouldn't be a problem. we don't have to change anything, the voters just need to be smart.
A lot things fall under this category, but it has never happened before and we have no reason to believe it will start now. If you know the voters won't fix it themselves, then you need to fix it for them... protect them from themselves.

Motion said:
:yeahthat:

:rolleyes2 Deserved to get blown out and embarassed on the National stage? BS. Its a dead horse, but regardless Auburn deserved it more.

Well since everything I say is wrong fine Auburn deserved it.

While im at it, AD is overated yes I see the light!!!

AirFishOne said:
Well since everything I say is wrong fine Auburn deserved it.

While im at it, AD is overated yes I see the light!!!
Dude you are way to sensitive :lol:

If you say so, I think AD is the real deal.

Motion said:
Dude you are way to sensitive :lol:

If you say so, I think AD is the real deal.

I know, I thought Peterson was the best player in college football, and that he was more deserving of the Heisman than anyone, before he got hurt.

Frisches13283 said:
I know, I thought Peterson was the best player in college football, and that he was more deserving of the Heisman than anyone, before he got hurt.

:yes: Between him and Calvin Johnson, and Peterson has the edge because he didn't have to depend on an inconsistant QB.

Back
Top Bottom