Bcs Ranking 10/29 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bcs Ranking 10/29

Thats what im talking about...the teams in the top 3 (besides tOSU) have moved around alot as opposed to those previous years where it was pree much intact the length of the season, ya understand what im trying to say? :D

AirFishOne said:
Thats what im talking about...the teams in the top 3 (besides tOSU) have moved around alot as opposed to those previous years where it was pree much intact the length of the season, ya understand what im trying to say? :D

Yes, I agree with you. I just was disagreeing with that particular championship game being clear cut.

AirFishOne said:
not trying to be a dick but wasnt Auburn ranked in the low teens at the beggining at the season if I remeber right it was USC 1 and OU 2 the whole season, I may be wrong
Preseason rankings are one of the biggest faults with the college system. If a team doesn't get the respect of voters before the season, it's a stigma they usually can't live down the rest of the year.

Preseason rankings are not only useless, but negatively effect rankings throughout the year. There's no reason for preseason rankings other than for the talking heads to have something to grad hold of.

Using preseason rankings to justify ANYTHING for your team is pointless.

finswin56 said:
Preseason rankings are one of the biggest faults with the college system. If a team doesn't get the respect of voters before the season, it's a stigma they usually can't live down the rest of the year.

Preseason rankings are not only useless, but negatively effect rankings throughout the year. There's no reason for preseason rankings other than for the talking heads to have something to grad hold of.

You're a poet and you didn't even know it:tongue:

finswin56 said:

If you dont have preseason rankings and 15 teams all win game 1 how do order them? Based on who they beat or how well they played? But even that is subjective and may negatively impact a team for the rest of the season if they just played one bad game. If Floridas first game was against Auburn and they lost, starting polls from that game on could kill their chances for a BCS game but because you had preseason polls and both are ranked high it isnt as devestating a loss. Or a team like WVU who doesnt play anyone may never get into the top 5. I dont see how you get around neading preseason polls, they just shouldnt count for as much later in the season. If you clearly got it wrong, dont be afraid to rework your poll mid way through the season for example. Or just wait to have any rankings until a few weeks into the season like the BCS.

Whitner20 said:
BS... there are plenty of good players....

calvin johnson - good

Chris leak - bad

Adrian Peterson - good

Brady Quinn - overrated

Tyler Palko - Good

etc, etc,etc.....

:lol: Your trying way to hard bro. Makes a list of "good" players and throws in Leak as a bad player, nice try.

Majpain said:
To many anti Buck fans in this thread time tooo leeave :lol:

You mean to many rational college football fans.

DonShula84 said:
If you dont have preseason rankings and 15 teams all win game 1 how do order them? Based on who they beat or how well they played? But even that is subjective and may negatively impact a team for the rest of the season if they just played one bad game. If Floridas first game was against Auburn and they lost, starting polls from that game on could kill their chances for a BCS game but because you had preseason polls and both are ranked high it isnt as devestating a loss. Or a team like WVU who doesnt play anyone may never get into the top 5. I dont see how you get around neading preseason polls, they just shouldnt count for as much later in the season. If you clearly got it wrong, dont be afraid to rework your poll mid way through the season for example. Or just wait to have any rankings until a few weeks into the season like the BCS.

Thats pretty much the bottomline to every argument I've seen against preseason polls. Don't just wait til after the first week, wait a couple. It will never happen though.

Frisches13283 said:
Auburn deserved to be in that game, it was not "clear cut" in the least.

:yeahthat:

AirFishOne said:
here we go again let it go people OU got there and deserved it

:rolleyes2 Deserved to get blown out and embarassed on the National stage? BS. Its a dead horse, but regardless Auburn deserved it more.

I've never really watched much college football until this season as we are getting coverage over here on satellite so how does this BCS rating work? I'm guessing it doesn't take strength of schedule into consideration because from where I'm looking Florida have had a horrendous schedule but still only have 1 loss and if they win the SEC they should be in the Championship game.
I'm not a Florida fan btw, the channel shows a lot of SEC games so I have seen some great games and in my opinion coming out of that conference only losing 1 game is damn impressive compared to going undefeated but playing a bunch of nobodies.

Whitner20 said:
What? Weakest? how do you figure?

But no...no one is as good....

Ohio State could beat the Dolphins, for sure.
:lol: C'mon dude, seriously ... NO college team could beat ANY pro team.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
You're a poet and you didn't even know it:tongue:
clear.gif

That's about as close as I'll ever get

Back
Top Bottom