Bcs Ranking 10/29 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bcs Ranking 10/29

wisconsin is very good and very dangerous, i wouldn't want to face them. i think they could beat most of the teams ahead of them.

:woot:

BCS will have no answers for questions ahead.

For those who enjoy BCS chaos, the fun starts now.

Southern California's loss to Oregon State was the first and most significant step toward giving the Bowl Championship Series an impossible task of putting together a title game that will satisfy everybody.

The Beavers' 33-31 upset Saturday had fans of highly ranked one-loss teams rejoicing from Gainesville, Fla., to Berkeley, Calif.

Don't get too down, Trojans. While you gave up control of your destiny in the championship race, you're not out of it either.

When the BCS standings came out Sunday Ohio State and Michigan were still on top. It hardly mattered that West Virginia was slightly ahead of Florida in third place, with Louisville and Auburn also close behind. The issue is a long way from being settled. In fact, it probably won't ever get settled.

After Saturday, there were six unbeaten teams in Division I-A. Only three of those teams can end the regular season undefeated: The Ohio State-Michigan winner; one of three Big East teams and Boise State if the Broncos can run the Western Athletic Conference.

There's no question about whether an unbeaten Ohio State or Michigan deserves a spot in the title game on Jan. 8. The one that wins out is going to Glendale, Ariz.

That second spot is going to be up for much debate, and there will be more than one right answer.

The best-case scenario for the BCS now - if you want to call it that - is for West Virginia, or Louisville to remain perfect and lay claim to the second spot in the title game. But that's not going to go over well with those who don't think much of the Big East.

The Big East is no longer the Big Least. It's better at the top than the Atlantic Coast Conference. But check out Florida's schedule and try making a case that if the Gators finish 12-1 and are champions of the toughest conference in the nation they don't deserve to play for the national title, even ahead of an unbeaten Big East winner.

OK, so let's put the Gators in there against Ohio State or Michigan - and then go tell West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez or Louisville's Bobby Petrino, "Sorry, your perfect record isn't perfect enough."

UF Fin Kat said:
wisconsin is very good and very dangerous, i wouldn't want to face them. i think they could beat most of the teams ahead of them.

Yeah, so dangerous that they squeeked by this past weekend while playing at home.

OSUDauby said:
Yeah, so dangerous that they squeeked by this past weekend while playing at home.
wasn't it 13-7 at halftime against cincinnati for your buckeyes? really took it to a much lesser team, eh?

UF Fin Kat said:
wasn't it 13-7 at halftime against cincinnati for your buckeyes? really took it to a much lesser team, eh?

Yeah...The buckeyes were up 13-7.... on there way to winning 37-7...aka "nothing like wisconsons game"

Seriously....the rest of you guys can squabble about this and that and who should be where.... but, after Michigans game on thursday there is a sizable gap between Ohio State and the rest of the pack....

!!!FUN FACTS!!!
Ohio State leads the nation with 7.3 Points per game allowed.
Ohio State is second in the nation with 18 INT's
Ohio State is #10 in the country in Pts per game
Ohio State is #3 in the country in passer rating
Ohio State has won every game by at least 17 points.
Ohio State QB Troy Smith will 100% win the Heisman.

Alex44 said:
You forgot the last fun fact

Ohio State will lose to Michigan

hahaha....really. How? It would take a collapse of epic proportions for that to happen...

Henne's just not that good, hart won't survive his 35 carries against OSU's DL, Manningham won't be 100%, Arrington will be in jail, and Lloyd Carr will still be Jim Tressels property.

If there is a team that should be #2 its Michigan..... but that doesn't mean that anyone can play with the buckeyes either.

Whitner20 said:
hahaha....really. How? It would take a collapse of epic proportions for that to happen...

Henne's just not that good, hart won't survive his 35 carries against OSU's DL, Manningham won't be 100%, Arrington will be in jail, and Lloyd Carr will still be Jim Tressels property.

If there is a team that should be #2 its Michigan..... but that doesn't mean that anyone can play with the buckeyes either.
****y much?

Good article on the wil November ahead.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/gamedayFinal?page=gamedayFinal9&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Mark May said:
In my opinion, the one-loss team with the best shot at playing for the national title is Florida. Not only are the Gators one of the more talented teams with one loss, but they have the best schedule for making the run. They should win the rest of their regular-season games, and the SEC Championship gives them a chance to beat a quality opponent on the final day with all voters watching.

:woot:

Cuban Dave 9 said:
****y much?

Motion said:
Where have you been bro?

If only every post could be so objective. :lol:

Um... sorry, we have been blowing teams out all season, why wouldn't I be confident... we haven't been in a close game all season, MAYBE Penn State...maybe....

It's amazing in my family you either love ND or Ohio St and when they arent playing each other you still root for the other one. After talking to OSU fans here I'm starting to hate them though.

DonShula84 said:
It's amazing in my family you either love ND or Ohio St and when they arent playing each other you still root for the other one. After talking to OSU fans here I'm starting to hate them though.

Why?

Why should I think that anyone can beat my team? I watch alot of football.... nobody is as good.

Back
Top Bottom