Beckham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beckham

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Man I can't believe all the Beckham hype. They are making it sound like the greatest soccer player in the history of the world is coming to play for the LA Galaxy. Zzzzzzz. ESPN has the game and he may not even play tonight. The announcers are worried sick.

I remember the same hype when Pele, Beckenbauer and Chinaglia played in front of 77,000 fans for the Cosmos. Why do they think soccer is going to be any bigger this time? I like soccer, but I don't think it will ever be a top four sport here.

Beckam is the biggest name in soccer and fans in America need a name that they know. The hype is needed to get ppl to whatch.

I could see it being a top 4 sport in the US for sure. I never see it beating out basketball, football or baseball, but what's next..hockey? hehe (oh boy, here come the puck-heads), i wouldn't count athletics, what, lacrosse? professional eating?

I could see it being a top 4 sport in the US for sure. I never see it beating out basketball, football or baseball, but what's next..hockey? hehe (oh boy, here come the puck-heads), i wouldn't count athletics, what, lacrosse? professional eating?

Golf would be next I guess.

Man I can't believe all the Beckham hype. They are making it sound like the greatest soccer player in the history of the world is coming to play for the LA Galaxy. Zzzzzzz. ESPN has the game and he may not even play tonight. The announcers are worried sick.

I remember the same hype when Pele, Beckenbauer and Chinaglia player in front of 77,000 fans for the Cosmos. Why do they think soccer is going to be any bigger this time? I like soccer, but I don't think it will ever be a top four sport here.

what number is the "who gives a **** channel.:lol:
i could see it being cool if it was Pele doing it way back when, but who cares about the male anna kournakova playing soccer in the US. soccer rips it imo. i know its big outside the US, so is curling and cricket, and i dont wanna know about any of em. i suppose i may change my tune when my daughter turns 6 or 7.

Eh I don't give a damn about Beckham or his ho-bag wife. Let the sheep flock to ESPN and LA to see him. I wont lose any sleep over any of it

Eh I don't give a damn about Beckham or his ho-bag wife. Let the sheep flock to ESPN and LA to see him. I wont lose any sleep over any of it

Maybe you will lose sleep if the game lasts to long and your trying to whatch Sportscenter before you go to bed cause they have a story on the Spurs! :tongue::wink:

I don't watch soccer and don't really know much about it, although I'm watching a bit because ESPN figures that they need to simulcast on ESPNews. Is there a rule that with any contact no matter how small, the player has to roll around on the ground as if he was just hit with a pipe?

well he is the most known sports star in the world...so i would say it is kind of a big deal

I don't watch soccer and don't really know much about it, although I'm watching a bit because ESPN figures that they need to simulcast on ESPNews. Is there a rule that with any contact no matter how small, the player has to roll around on the ground as if he was just hit with a pipe?

No, that's how players act to slow down the game, or to get a red card for the other player

Back
Top Bottom