Belichick may coach 5 more years, wants to coach after Brady retires | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Belichick may coach 5 more years, wants to coach after Brady retires

Belichek needs Brady to win superbowls. We have seen Belichek win 11 games without Brady we know he can do that. But to get over the hump he needs Brady

Everything I've seen indicates he can win without Brady. The most asked question is can Brady win without Bellichek? My thoughts on that question in NO! Brady needs Bellichek more than Bellichek needs him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Bellichek make Brady a better player? Yes! But to say Brady can't win without Bellichik sounds crazy.

My guess is that Brady retires and he makes it one season before realizing he doesn't want to lose anymore.

What's Belichick's record in NE without Brady?

Good, because in the year Brady was hurt the entire AFCE had an easy schedule, how did Cassel do in the playoffs though (where Brady excels)? Oh that's right, I don't even think they made the playoffs that year lol. And BB was 36-44 as a HC in Cle, his last year they finished 5-11 after starting 3-1. That's hardly "the right track" lol. Any unproven coach who does that and posts a 36-44 record can be and usually is fired in the NFL, nice try though. The truth is all of BB success as a HC has been with Brady, to debate whether or not BB was successful AS A HC before Brady is laughable. You can debate who has been more vital to the Pats between the two, I even agree with you BB is slightly more important, but arguing Belicheat was successful in Cle is simply a false statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Belichick's record in NE without Brady?

Bellicheck without Brady in NE, (18-18) and both seasons missed the playoffs.

Billicheck with Brady in NE (208-61) and 5 World Championships and only missed the playoffs one time in 16 seasons.

My take is BB's first year 5-11, the year Brady was injured 11-5, plus the 4 games of suspension this year. 22-18.

But as you pointed out and what is what I deem the most relevant in conveniently excluding his first year given the adjustment period, 14-6 in the last 20.

I understand and any coach should have a grace period. I still don't believe he can win a superbowl without Brady. He will certainly win a good share of regular season games

I understand and any coach should have a grace period. I still don't believe he can win a superbowl without Brady. He will certainly win a good share of regular season games

QB is certainly the most important position on the field and by now Brady's knowledge of the game is astounding, but every single year the Patriots lose key players and keep chugging along. Brady has been an integral catalyst in their two decade dynasty though.

Gotta say, they didn't skip a beat with Garappolo at the helm.

I agree with this. Its a big difference between winning in regular season and playoffs. To think Bellicheck could just plug in any QB in the playoffs and win is foolish IMO.

They have a 25-9 playoff record together but 10 of those games were won when Brady came thru with game winning drives. Without those you are looking at a losing playoff record.

If you look at game winning drives in playoff games no one is even close to Brady. That is something he brings to the table that has been better than any QB ever. To think any QB could snatch victory from defeat like he does in the playoff just because Belly is coaching doesn't make sense. Belly has never done that with any other QB in the playoffs as head coach.

What has Brady done without Belichick? Also, if Manning had played for NE and Brady for the Colts, who do you think will have the most rings?

Back
Top Bottom