Belichick Pulls Brady, Starters Before 2min. Warning. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Belichick Pulls Brady, Starters Before 2min. Warning.

Yup. Everyone get your best shots in. A lot of fun to pile it on when we lose. :chuckle:

Anyway, we got our *** kicked. Saints gave us an old school beat-down. One hell of a team. I think they are going to go deep or all the way, barring significant injuries. Props to New Orleans. :up:

I think we can all close the door on an team in the AFC East making a dent this year. I can't see anything other than a monster Super Bowl between Indy and New Orleans.

Indy is not making it, they'll find a way to screw it up like usual. you guys are far from dead. you were awful last night but I think you'd beat Indy in January if you meet up.

Of all the things that went wrong last night, you make a thread about pulling Brady? Anyway, the Pats need to find a way to get pressure to help the young corners. Terrible game by the offense and Mayo has been pretty invisible, lately.

A nickname i use to call NE was the New England Bandwagoners because i truely believe 50% of the fans are only fans cause they are winning this decade and 25% are just Tom Brady fans. Ask any NE girl fan why they are NE fans and i bet 9 times of 10 it is because of Brady. God i hate Brady how can you not be good with all those weapons.

50%? Do you mean nationwide? I live in Mass, and it's nowhere near 50%. The lord Jeebus knows it's gotten bad, but nowhere near that. We used to be able to walk up gameday and get tickets. Now, they're gone in ten minutes the day they go on sale. That part, and the pink hats, is a bit frustrating, but I'll take the good with the bad, I guess.

Also, yes, the girl fans love Brady. He's super cute, yanno? Cleft chin and all. But, he won a lot more big games when he didn't have "all those weapons." lol

Of all the things that went wrong last night, you make a thread about pulling Brady? Anyway, the Pats need to find a way to get pressure to help the young corners. Terrible game by the offense and Mayo has been pretty invisible, lately.

You are right. Pats defense looked like garbage last night. They truly look like a middle of the road team for the first time since 2002 and the best people can come up with is piling on BB.

Everyone gets it, BB rubs people the wrong way. He's not changing, what he does works for him. I noticed that he went out of his way to congratulate Brees last night.....no press coverage on that? His post game demeanor is so interesting to everyone, how come no one mentions last nights?

I agree with the idea of a decline. I mean don't get me wrong they are bar none best in the AFC East, Miami put up some fight, as did Buffalo and the Jets did win but got trampled next time they played. But as we see The Jets bringing in a new coach and young talent as well a Miami bringing in youth and more talent growing slowly behind New England maybe not this year or even next (who knows for sure) but soon enough that Patriot dynasty will completely die within the next 3-5 years IMO.

Indy is not making it, they'll find a way to screw it up like usual. you guys are far from dead. you were awful last night but I think you'd beat Indy in January if you meet up.

i gotta agree, the colts:

1- are very young offensively
2- have peyton manning A.K.A. Marino 2.0 in the playoffs
3- don't have a championship defence

50%? Do you mean nationwide? I live in Mass, and it's nowhere near 50%. The lord Jeebus knows it's gotten bad, but nowhere near that. We used to be able to walk up gameday and get tickets. Now, they're gone in ten minutes the day they go on sale. That part, and the pink hats, is a bit frustrating, but I'll take the good with the bad, I guess.

Also, yes, the girl fans love Brady. He's super cute, yanno? Cleft chin and all. But, he won a lot more big games when he didn't have "all those weapons." lol

FAN BASE
Nationwide, but do not take that the wrong way. Even with the dolphins a lot our fans in the 70's were either colts fans (Don Shula) or not fans at all. What can you expect they became a team 1966.

I bring up the past because when you think of how a fan base is built first thing that needs to happen is winning(of course). Now i was not born in 70's but if it was not for my grandfather that was more of a Don Shula fan then a colts, then he followed don when he went to the dolphins then became a fins fan, chances is i might of been a colts fan for some part of my life.

I loved every team he did. Even if I was a colts fan I would still become a fins fan because I was born in Miami, love that we are the only team to go undefeated (which I am OK with not being the only, but would not be OK if NE did {sorry}, at least we were the first), Dan Marino (best QB period he was the team).

True Bandwagoners vs True Fans

Going to what I was quoting to he was saying it will be interesting when New England goes on to the downward slope. I agree cause this is when a Fan base is truly tested. You see we are at a completely different point then the PATS.

Dolphins has have their glory days and just have gone down the downward slope (A LONG ONE) and now finally are going up (somewhat). If you want to look at Dolphins true fan base, go back 2007 and see the people who still wore dolphins shirts and still said they where fin fans.

Soon your team will come to the same thing maybe not as bad or maybe even worst who knows, but one thing is for sure your bandwagoners will be gone. And the ones that did have a different favorite team or just jump along because you are now a winning team will become part of your true fan base.

So when I say 50% I truly believe that maybe even more, but I think at least 35% will stay when you start doing bad and become true fans.

Tom Brady and his toys

Ever sense Brady became the NE QB he has always all the weapons. Not just the offense, he had the defense, and he had an amazing kicker that BTW won two of your Superbowl's. The one amazing thing that Tom had better then anything else was the offensive line.

Now you do not have the same team and that defense is rebuilding, but what NE successfully did is make an overpowering offense that when is working fully helps out your struggling defense that will make you like the super bowl winning NE us dolphins fan have learn to hate.

The reason why it pisses me off is Dan NEVER had what Tom had not even close. And when people say Tom is a better or equally as good QB it is truly frustrating. Now saying Tom in with Joe Montana is more like it and those type of QB's.

I agree with the idea of a decline. I mean don't get me wrong they are bar none best in the AFC East, Miami put up some fight, as did Buffalo and the Jets did win but got trampled next time they played. But as we see The Jets bringing in a new coach and young talent as well a Miami bringing in youth and more talent growing slowly behind New England maybe not this year or even next (who knows for sure) but soon enough that Patriot dynasty will completely die within the next 3-5 years IMO.

It's hard to say. They have a good organization.

The likely scenario will be the division evens out like it was earlier in the decade when 9 or 10 wins would win it because all four teams were beating on each other. We could have one or two teams a shade better than the others, with tough division games and the strength of schedule deciding who ends up on top.

Miami and NY are in the early stages of moving up. The Bills look as if they may get their coaching and front office right for the 1st time in years and even if Brady is on the downside of his career, coupled with player turnover from the SB days, the Pats always have a mitt full of draft picks and some good young talent already on board to go with the coaching and other personnel they have in place.

The Patriots chemistry doesn't seem to be what it used to these days though.

i gotta agree, the colts:

1- are very young offensively
2- have peyton manning A.K.A. Marino 2.0 in the playoffs
3- don't have a championship defence

Manning has a Super Bowl ring. Marino would love to be in Manning's shoes.

Meh, I wouldnt clown on the Pats for getting their assed kicked vs the Saints. The Saints ARE the best team in the NFL right now. The Colts would get their ***** kicked if they played the Saints on a neutral site.

Still a ways to go and I wouldnt count Bill Billichick or Brady out just yet...

First, thanks to Bta for backing up the message I was trying to get across about Bandwagoners. Fans like Tom are part of the "old school" Patriots fan base that I can respect. Sure they hate us, but they suffered through the tough times like the God-Awful McPherson teams from the early nineties.
We kicked them around a little in those days and this decade it's been their turn for the most part ( we have managed to inflict a few painful upsets lol).
It's the other guy - you know the one that traded in his Marshall Faulk jersey for a Tom Brady after SB XXXVI. I hate that type of "fan" lol.

Dolphins has have their glory days and just have gone down the downward slope (A LONG ONE) and now finally are going up (somewhat). If you want to look at Dolphins true fan base, go back 2007 and see the people who still wore dolphins shirts and still said they where fin fans

I got harassed so many times that year for rocking the Aqua and Orange gear. I was truly the whipping boy of my local sports bar lol.

Yup. Everyone get your best shots in. A lot of fun to pile it on when we lose. :chuckle:

Anyway, we got our *** kicked. Saints gave us an old school beat-down. One hell of a team. I think they are going to go deep or all the way, barring significant injuries. Props to New Orleans. :up:

I think we can all close the door on an team in the AFC East making a dent this year. I can't see anything other than a monster Super Bowl between Indy and New Orleans.

I wasn't trying to imply that you guys aren't a force to be reckoned with by any means. I still believe you're one of the best teams in the league, just not the best team necessarily. The Saints look like they are poised to be a force for the foreseeable future and with a weaker secondary in Boston, Manning will have a decent shot of working some magic again in the playoffs. I don't like your team, but make no mistake- I still respect them.

I got harassed so many times that year for rocking the Aqua and Orange gear. I was truly the whipping boy of my local sports bar lol.

07 was a hard year i still wore my jerseys every Sunday no matter what and I know every dolphins how that feels when everyone laughs at you and you cant say anything. It hurts to see your team be killed like that and there was no other better feeling (other then winning the super bowl) when Dolphins came back to life and went 11-5.

07 was a hard year i still wore my jerseys every Sunday no matter what and I know every dolphins how that feels when everyone laughs at you and you cant say anything. It hurts to see your team be killed like that and there was no other better feeling (other then winning the super bowl) when Dolphins came back to life and went 11-5.

I remember the Jets being pretty bad that year too and I felt like we had a shot at a win in the second game with them in Miami. As we all know, they absolutely murdered us and I remember being so dejected- I was convinced we were going 0-16. Thank God for Camarillo! lol

Back
Top Bottom