Benson on his criminal record in college | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benson on his criminal record in college

enigmatics said:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/02/25/z1c_PBP_COMBINE_0225.html

LOL...........right Cedric, that's why we all go to college, so we can blemish our civilian records. :shakeno:

I still don't like this kid.

Well, I did ?? I'm not an athlete, but I don't have a record. I'm not perfect either. This response was a little dumb on his part...what happened to saying "Hey, I made some mistakes and learned from them" instead of making it sound like he did what everyone is doing...there are lots of high-profile athletes who go thru school without any problems with the law. This shows a little immaturity on his part...

I don't think criminal records should mean anything. I'm sure one or two players in the NFL have criminal records. I mean damn a certain LB in the league was involved with a murder trial. Granted he only has obstruction of justice on his record. Also that same team had a drug dealer for a RB. So how much does this all affect the player obviously it is devastating being that the LB mentioned was on the cover of Madden 2005.

LarryFinFan said:
Well, I did ?? I'm not an athlete, but I don't have a record. I'm not perfect either. This response was a little dumb on his part...what happened to saying "Hey, I made some mistakes and learned from them" instead of making it sound like he did what everyone is doing...there are lots of high-profile athletes who go thru school without any problems with the law. This shows a little immaturity on his part...

..........but see that's what lends to my distaste for him. I'm not denying his skill level. He's a decent college back. However, his offseason transgressions.........the marijuana incident, the tv incident.......his worshipping of Ricky Williams. I mean c'mon dude he wore the same dreads.......also shaved them the same year Ricky did. It's just too much for me as a Fins fan. He talks about Ricky being his own man and he's his own man but he's quietly following similar footsteps and I'm sorry there's just too many other backs available in this draft to risk taking Benson at #2, especially after what just happened with the sticky Ricky episode.

enigmatics said:
..........but see that's what lends to my distaste for him. I'm not denying his skill level. He's a decent college back. However, his offseason transgressions.........the marijuana incident, the tv incident.......his worshipping of Ricky Williams. I mean c'mon dude he wore the same dreads.......also shaved them the same year Ricky did. It's just too much for me as a Fins fan. He talks about Ricky being his own man and he's his own man but he's quietly following similar footsteps and I'm sorry there's just too many other backs available in this draft to risk taking Benson at #2, especially after what just happened with the sticky Ricky episode.
He shaved his dreads so people will stop comparing him to Ricky, stop it guys, this kid has talent and I know that I would be happy if we drafted him, these stupid comparisons mean nothing, Ricky is is idol because of what he did on the field, not off.

clear.gif

If Benson doesn't have social anxiety disorder and/or bipolar disorder, he won't flake out like Ricky Williams. END OF STORY on that one.

His character issues put him as a riskier pick than Williams or Brown, true, but his body of work is also better than Williams and Brown. Not only has he shown the ability to consistently be good, and to get better with every year, but he's shown the ability to stay on the field as well. Personally I think it's nice to have a team-first guy at tailback in the NFL, but also not very necessary. Just ask the Patriots. The team never really embraced Corey Dillon, and Corey Dillon never really embraced the team, all he had to do was tote the rock, and all they had to do was promise to keep giving it to him without fear that KEVIN FAULK would supplant him as a starter. It takes a really BAD character to end up being a distraction as a runningback in the NFL. Ricky just happened to be that one in a thousand case. But you have to treat Ricky's walking away for what it was, which was clearly a byproduct of his social anxiety disorder and his physiological mental ailments. It's nothing to be ashamed of that less than a year ago we would have viewed Cedric Benson's friendship with Ricky and his looking up to Ricky as a serious POSITIVE sign that Benson was not just the thug that his arrest record shows. Benson didn't know that Ricky had it in him to do what he did, and neither did anyone else.

That's what I think about that.

I still like Cadillac better. I think he's hands down the best, most reliable back in the draft...but Benson is like 1a to Cadillac's being #1.

paskerbrandon said:
He shaved his dreads so people will stop comparing him to Ricky, stop it guys, this kid has talent and I know that I would be happy if we drafted him, these stupid comparisons mean nothing, Ricky is is idol because of what he did on the field, not off.

clear.gif

Yet, Ricky shaved his dreads also. But besides the point, I'd be happy with Benson or Brown. Benson's marijuana charge was dropped and if someone I knew stole a plasma TV from me, i'd be pissed too though only violently in my mind. Still wish the FO would do something about that 8.6 mil. Give it back to the fans who all recently bought RW jerseys before he quit! I still have the receipt! :lol:

Namor said:
Higher yards per carry,more pass recieving yards and Brown showed up for games
against the better teams.

with far less carries. Brown has never been the top back and the reason why he was not the best runningback on his team was because Williams was. Williams has better numbers and of course was the starter.

They were on the field at the same time mostly.

SN1P3R said:
with far less carries. Brown has never been the top back and the reason why he was not the best runningback on his team was because Williams was. Williams has better numbers and of course was the starter.

Auburn had two excellent Rb's, both very capable of being the number one guy.

Brown is much bigger so instead of Rb by commitee they put Brown in as the FB, and used them both at the same time in the backfield. Caddy had to get more carries because at his size they could not have him as the lead blocker. When Brown did tote the rock, his stats say he was the better of the two. When Caddy went out for a little over half a season Brown was excellent....

this guy is exactly who we need in the backfield, i serously hope we dont miss out on this guy People stop haten on him.. ur probably the same one who keep comin up w/ all the ricky williams threads

Why draft a RB with questionable character issues when you can draft Ronnie Brown who is a team player and of unquestioned character.

someone posted that brown had a 1.1 ypc better than caddy.. well you gotta say a lot of that attributes to when he ran the ball, mostly on third downs when teams were expecting pass. besides, the more carries, the less the avg will be.. its like in baseball after a month, someone will be hitting .450 maybe.. but that never lasts...

with that said, i have no problems with ronnie brown, i just like what i've seen from caddy....

Back
Top Bottom