Bernard Hopkins v. Jermain Taylor | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bernard Hopkins v. Jermain Taylor

Hopkins loses for the first time in 12 years.

Hopkins is shocked.

I gotta tell you guys, I'm not a boxing fan at all. You guys made the last five minutes very interesting.

Taylor won all the opening rounds. Hopkins won all the closing rounds.

Taylor said he can't wait for the rematch.

Taylor said he got winded in the later rounds.

Said he should have been cutting off the ring.

Lou Dibella is talking to Larry Merchant.

Taking the high road. Said he feels like a chapter of his life is over (with Hop).

Merchant on with Hopkins.

Hopkins says he didn't wait too long. Was baiting him in per strategy. Was easy to hit him when he forced things.

Said he dominated from the 5-6th round on. Hurt him twice. Said he did everything but knock him out.

Said it should have been a UD for him.

Hop said the kid made a lot of mistakes (goes into details). Hop is going into detail into why he thought he won the fight. He ain't happy. Not angry. But strong in his opinion.

Hop says everyone knows he won.

Hop wins the last four rounds on all cards.....except Dwayne Ford. Dwayne Ford gave the 12th round to Taylor. If he gives it to Hop, it's a draw. Roy Jones says Hop has a good argument that he won the fight. Roy says it was a draw.

I was wrong... Hopkins sounded like he has something left in the tank (I'll watch the fight on HBO next week). Shame he lost.

Muck, do you think Hop won the 12th? You had like 10 "Hopkins throws a huge left/right."

i love ya roy but please get off hopkins' nuts. bernard deserved to lose. he did nothing for the first 8 rounds.

Kellerman had it 115-113 Hopkins. Even thru 8 rounds.

Hostile7 said:
I was wrong... Hopkins sounded like he has something left in the tank (I'll watch the fight on HBO next week). Shame he lost.

Muck, do you think Hop won the 12th? You had like 10 "Hopkins throws a huge left/right."

I scored the 12th for Hop. I had him winning close, but I can't argue with the decision. There were some very close rounds that you could score either way.

Muck said:
Kellerman had it 115-113 Hopkins. Even thru 8 rounds.
If Kellerman believes that, I gotta be honest, It's hard to argue otherwise.

Hostile7 said:

I tell ya though, Taylor looked good the first 4 rounds or so. He won a lot of those rounds hands down. He was just so quick and poised. Hopkins couldn't win an exchange. It was Taylor on the attack or nothing at all. Neither guy was hurt in those rounds. But he was impressive.

But as the fight wore on, Hopkins came on. He just came on too late. Taylor never went away. Hopkins just asserted himself.

Back
Top Bottom