Bernard Hopkins v. Jermain Taylor | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bernard Hopkins v. Jermain Taylor

And Taylor was so gracious in victory. He praised Hopkins profusely and kept talking about how hard he was going to work for the fans in the rematch. He kept insisting on a rematch.

Great kid.

BTW - it's a ***** typing on this laptop. My hands hit the touchpad and mess everything up. Sorry about that.

Chris Walken's on SNL. I wonder if he needs anymore cowbell??

so who wins the rematch? hopkins clearly looked like the better fighter at the end of the fight. but he will be that much older and taylor will come in with even more confidence.

LightsOut said:
so who wins the rematch? hopkins clearly looked like the better fighter at the end of the fight. but he will be that much older and taylor will come in with even more confidence.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

I think Taylor would take the rematch by decision. He's younger, faster and stronger. Now he just gained a ton of confidence and experience. Hopkins will just get older.

I was just thinking.....we never saw that jab from Taylor tonight.

More scores are coming in....

The Associated Press had it 114-113 Hopkins.

If you score a fight who did more damage then Hopkins won. If you score the fight on the score system then Taylor probably won. This is Hopkins fault he lost his titles. If he took it to Taylor like he did the last 4 rounds he would have won this fight easily. Bernard has always been a methodical fighter who calculates everything. He's boring and usually wins that way. Tonight fighting the boring fight caught up with him. He got to comfortable and now the longest reign as middleweight champion is over!

By the way, I thought the fight was a draw as did maxboxing.com (not trying to use that to back up my argument, just thought I'd state the fact)!

I've been following Taylor since his Olympic days. I love how the state of Arkansas rallies behind its athletes. There were 4000 people there from Arkansas, and they were all cheering for him. I bought the fight for $50 just to see my boy take Hopkins apart, and I wasn't disappointed with the investment.

Hopkins didn't start fighting until the 9th.

Muck said:
Hop said the kid made a lot of mistakes (goes into details). Hop is going into detail into why he thought he won the fight. He ain't happy. Not angry. But strong in his opinion.

Hop says everyone knows he won.

Hop wins the last four rounds on all cards.....except Dwayne Ford. Dwayne Ford gave the 12th round to Taylor. If he gives it to Hop, it's a draw. Roy Jones says Hop has a good argument that he won the fight. Roy says it was a draw.

"Hop" lost the first 7 rounds in my card. But then again what do I know about boxing. Taylor still has alot to learn, but after this lesson tonight, I believe he will dominate that division for years, and years, and years.....

in my eyes, X won the fight simply because the rounds he lost, he was never really in trouble, just got hit more, the rounds he won, he put a hurtin on that boy. but he should of never let it go to the score cards.

Nappy Roots said:
in my eyes, X won the fight simply because the rounds he lost, he was never really in trouble, just got hit more, the rounds he won, he put a hurtin on that boy. but he should of never let it go to the score cards.

yeah but thatz not how you score fights.

Muck said:
I was just thinking.....we never saw that jab from Taylor tonight.

That jab won him the fight. Especially the double jab. He certainly didn't land many power shots.

Back
Top Bottom