Berry officially declares for Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Berry officially declares for Draft

OK, here's another scenario for you...kinda following on from the Madden theme I guess...lol.

Berry is still there at pick 6, Rolando McLain played a "lights out" game in the National Championship and funnily enough is still available aswell....

KC are happy to do a deal with the whole "family connection" we have going there (lol).....

So, who do you take.....Eric or Rolando?

eric berry without a 2nd thought...an ed reed type player in our secondary...a once a decade type talent...consider free safety fixed for a long long time

and right after that i'd text gibril wilson with just this..."turn in your playbook"

Would be fine with staying where we are and possibly grabbing Earl Thomas. Last week he said he was going to stay at Texas but this week he said he "couldn't pass up 1st round money". A little (little bit) small but he more than makes up for it

Can anyone explain me why Berry's interception total has dropped this season so dramatically (and INT yards as well)? I know he's a stud - I'm not taking anything away from what he did... But shouldn't the addition of Monte Kiffin made him more of a defensive threat and ballhawk? He's the best player not named Suh but can someone explain why his INT are so low this year?

Can anyone explain me why Berry's interception total has dropped this season so dramatically (and INT yards as well)? I know he's a stud - I'm not taking anything away from what he did... But shouldn't the addition of Monte Kiffin made him more of a defensive threat and ballhawk? He's the best player not named Suh but can someone explain why his INT are so low this year?

Pretty simple explanation here. No one wants to throw in Eric Berry's direction. The interception total isn't the number you're looking for. That's a blinder. You gotta look at times thrown on. It's basically the same thing with Ed Reed. Reed's interception totals are down from past years. Seems like Ed is getting "worse." Fact is, no one wants to throw on Ed Reed.

Can you blame them? These guys change games when the ball is in their hands.

i think teams decided that after seeing berry 3 yards off his man in coverage when tebow began his throwing motion earlier this year against florida at the sidelines read tebow and burst on the ball for an easy int that they'll look elsewhere for who to go after in the passing game against tennessee...and damn if they shouldn't

that and when i watched tennessee this year berry was playing around the los a ton in run support limiting his chances for ints in coverage

I would say no thank to sex before I said no thank you to Eric Berry.

LOL @ No thank you. Eric Berry is sitting there for the Dolphins picking and you'd say no thank you to the best player in the draft. If Eric Berry falls further than the first pick in the draft, then 31 general managers need to be fired. The general manager with the first overall pick needs to be fired for obvious reasons and the other 30 should be fired for not trading up to get him. This is a guy you build a defense around for 10 years.

I think Ndamukong Suh might take offense to that. Berry's great, but Suh is the best player in this draft hands down.

Pretty simple explanation here. No one wants to throw in Eric Berry's direction. The interception total isn't the number you're looking for. That's a blinder. You gotta look at times thrown on. It's basically the same thing with Ed Reed. Reed's interception totals are down from past years. Seems like Ed is getting "worse." Fact is, no one wants to throw on Ed Reed.

Can you blame them? These guys change games when the ball is in their hands.

See Nnamdi Asomugha

I think Ndamukong Suh might take offense to that. Berry's great, but Suh is the best player in this draft hands down.

it's close. Suh is probably the most dominant DT college as seen in awhile. Yeah people say the same about Glenn Dorsey, and he was a stud, but Suh as a DT was top 2 in tackling for his team, and can play in any defense. With teams like Detroit, St. Louis, Seattle, Detroit,Tampa Bay and others needing DTs he's gonna go high.

But Berry IMO is the best secondary prospect since Charles Woodson. Berry is a safety, but he can also play CB too, and his ball skills are great.

He's the difference. Suh IS a great player. There's no doubt. Same for Berry. But Suh only fits in a certain defensive scheme and that's the 3 - 4. He's not made for a 4 - 3. All of these people who want Suh over Cody for our defense can't see that. Suh can work in a 4 - 3 but he's not AS dominate as he is in the 4 - 3. It's just like Ricky Williams isn't AS good in the Wildcat. It's not his style. Ricky is a big bruising physical running back. Now, Eric Berry...that kid changes the opponents offense if he steps on the field for any of the 32 teams...well, I take that back...he probably doesn't help the Raiders much. But that goes without saying.

my man suh can play in any system 3-4 4-3 doesn't matter...any system

berry and suh are the bonafide franchise players in this draft

He's the difference. Suh IS a great player. There's no doubt. Same for Berry. But Suh only fits in a certain defensive scheme and that's the 3 - 4. He's not made for a 4 - 3. All of these people who want Suh over Cody for our defense can't see that. Suh can work in a 4 - 3 but he's not AS dominate as he is in the 4 - 3. It's just like Ricky Williams isn't AS good in the Wildcat. It's not his style. Ricky is a big bruising physical running back. Now, Eric Berry...that kid changes the opponents offense if he steps on the field for any of the 32 teams...well, I take that back...he probably doesn't help the Raiders much. But that goes without saying.

you had some 4-3/3-4 dyslexia going on there. i got the point though - and you're right. you don't put a guy like suh in a 3-4 to occupy blockers - most people realize that fact. just b/c he could be an end in a 3-4 doesn't mean that's the place to put him - especially with a top 5 pick. i'd be willing to guarantee he goes to a 4-3 team.

It's because Kiffin is having him play like an additional linebacker most of the time. Somewhat like Adrian Wilson for the Cardinals.

I think Suh would be a dominant nose. Remember Parcells and Co. like to play the 3-4 with a smaller Nose(Ferguson and Ratliff) and Suh is such a great prospect. This is what draftnik Simon Clancy AKA Boomer had to say in his blog post for the Sun Sentinel last year:
What his declaration would have meant for Miami is that he looks to me like a perfect 3-4 NT. Why? Because of his strength, because of his base and because of the way he soaks up blockers with ease, then turns them lose with remarkable quickness and hands to make plays. And he's no one trick pony; he can collapse a pocket, he can blow up run plays and he brings a relentless nature out on the perimeter and down the field. What you notice immediately about Suh is the get off; the ability at the snap to get out of his stance and into the lineman quicker than his opponent. He plays with body lean; his knees are bent, his bubble (backside) is in good position and he's not narrow with his base. No way that you're going to rock anyone back with technique like that. And coupled with a strong base is genuine brute strength, Down after down in three separate games he was almost always doubled with two linemen from the start of the play to it's conclusion, chipped by the C helping out the RG or chipped by a combination of the back or the tight end. What I love about him is that he’s athletic enough to collapse a pocket, stout enough to hold up at the point and walk two men back into the run lane and he possesses a great array of moves, a swim, a rip and most notably the push pull for which he excels at. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Suh, despite being an underclassmen, would have been one of the most highly rated players on our board. Unfortunately, if he continues his upswing, I see no way that he gets out of the top 10 next year. Rest assured, this kid would have been front and centre for us at pick 25.

you had some 4-3/3-4 dyslexia going on there. i got the point though - and you're right. you don't put a guy like suh in a 3-4 to occupy blockers - most people realize that fact. just b/c he could be an end in a 3-4 doesn't mean that's the place to put him - especially with a top 5 pick. i'd be willing to guarantee he goes to a 4-3 team.

Yeap. Just caught that lol. Good job.

Back
Top Bottom