Best Conference in the Nation! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Conference in the Nation!

As of recent years, the fact of the matter is that the ACC has sent more teams to bowl games than any other conference over the last 5 years.

NorthFloridaFin said:
As of recent years, the fact of the matter is that the ACC has sent more teams to bowl games than any other conference over the last 5 years.

:link: :lol:

SpeedRush99 said:

04-05 ACC Bowl Teams
Georgia Tech, Virginia, UNC, Boston College, Miami, FSU, VT (7)

04-05 SEC Bowl Teams
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn (6)

03-04 ACC Bowl Teams
Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Boston College, Maryland, Va. Tech, Virginia, N.C. State (9)

03-04 SEC Teams
LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee (7)

02-03 ACC Bowl Teams
Miami, FSU, Va. Tech, N.C. State, Boston College, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Virginia, Clemson (10)

02-03 SEC Bowl Teams
Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss (7)

01-02 ACC Bowl Teams
Maryland, FSU, UNC, Clemson, Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Boston College, Va. Tech, Miami (9)

01-02 SEC Bowl Teams
Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Arkansas, South Carolina, Auburn, Georgia, Alabama(8)

By my count I do believe the ACC has definately sent more teams to Bowl Games over the past 4 years than the SEC.

And I don't want to hear any mumbo-jumbo about Miami, Va. Tech, and Boston College weren't in our conference those first 3 years. The thread was made about who is the toughest conference right now. And by my calculations we are definately better than the SEC.:lol:

This post may be kind of long, but I'm really tired of people talking about the ACC, especially the SEC fans.

On the other hand you could look at it in a way that the overall level of play is higher in the SEC from top to bottom, causing the team's records to suffer and keep some much deserving teams from getting a bowl bid. :confused2

Hands down its the Big Ten...

Ohio State
Iowa
Michagan
Minnesota
and an improved penn State

NorthFloridaFin said:
04-05 ACC Bowl Teams

04-05 SEC Bowl Teams

03-04 ACC Bowl Teams
Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Boston College, Maryland, Va. Tech, Virginia, N.C. State (9)

03-04 SEC Teams

02-03 ACC Bowl Teams
Miami, FSU, Va. Tech, N.C. State, Boston College, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Virginia, Clemson (10)

02-03 SEC Bowl Teams

01-02 ACC Bowl Teams
Maryland, FSU, UNC, Clemson, Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Boston College, Va. Tech, Miami (9)

01-02 SEC Bowl Teams

By my count I do believe the ACC has definately sent more teams to Bowl Games over the past 4 years than the SEC.

And I don't want to hear any mumbo-jumbo about Miami, Va. Tech, and Boston College weren't in our conference those first 3 years. The thread was made about who is the toughest conference right now. And by my calculations we are definately better than the SEC.:lol:

This post may be kind of long, but I'm really tired of people talking about the ACC, especially the SEC fans.

While I agree that the level of competition is now higher with the new teams, the bowl selection committee would never have picked 10 teams from one conference to go to bowls. Nor would there have been 10 teams from one conference eligible to go...they woould have beaten up on each other too much in-conference.

Losman7 said:

Ohio State
Iowa
Michagan
Minnesota

Minnesota and Penn State aren't going anywhere. Iowa is a question mark. We'll see if Ohio State can recover from last year. But still, I'll give you OSU, Iowa, and Michigan. 3 strong teams does not the best conference make.

NorthFloridaFin said:
04-05 ACC Bowl Teams

04-05 SEC Bowl Teams

03-04 ACC Bowl Teams

03-04 SEC Teams

02-03 ACC Bowl Teams

02-03 SEC Bowl Teams

01-02 ACC Bowl Teams

01-02 SEC Bowl Teams

Ya but the SEC may have sent fewer but prob have more bowl wins.

Losman7 said:

Ohio State
Iowa
Michagan
Minnesota

:lol: You name 3 legit schools and 2 subpar schools and think that makes up the best conference?

Compared to:

Florida
Tennessee
LSU
Auburn
Georgia
South Carolina
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss

SpeedRush99 said:
:lol: You name 3 legit schools and 2 subpar schools and think that makes up the best conference?

Compared to:

Florida
Tennessee
LSU
Auburn
Georgia
South Carolina
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss

Is there an echo? :lol:

Not bieng a homer but last year teh Big 12 sent the most teams to the BCS Bowls.

Texas and Oklahoma :)

but either the SEC or ACC is the most solid confernce.

FinFan90 said:
Not bieng a homer but last year teh Big 12 sent the most teams to the BCS Bowls.

Texas and Oklahoma :)

but either the SEC or ACC is the most solid confernce.

Haha, you're still smarting from that one, huh? Yeah, I don't really care how bad the Big 12 North is, the South more than compensates.

FinFan90 said:
The WAC pwns all :ally: :ally: :ally:

wanted to bring out my inner-newb :)

Nah, it's gotta be the MEAC or the MAAAAAAAAAC. I love college basketball conferences. There are so many...

Back
Top Bottom