Best Conference in the Nation! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Conference in the Nation!

The SEC is the deepest conference, don't know if it's got the best top 4. Having Spurrier at South Carilona makes it a real contender. The Big 10 and Big 12 are right there and the ACC has some strong teams. This year will determine which is the best conference in the country. It's going to be one hell of a year!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
The SEC is the deepest conference, don't know if it's got the best top 4. Having Spurrier at South Carilona makes it a real contender. The Big 10 and Big 12 are right there and the ACC has some strong teams. This year will determine which is the best conference in the country. It's going to be one hell of a year!

Can you name a better top 4 than:

Auburn
Florida
Tennessee
LSU

We could even go Top 5 and throw in Georgia.

SpeedRush99 said:
Can you name a better top 4 than:

Auburn
Florida
Tennessee
LSU

We could even go Top 5 and throw in Georgia.

I'm sure we all could argue this thread for days. The SEC is still a strong conference, but the ACC has stepped up it's game. We had just as many teams in the Top 25 as the SEC last year.

SEC - Auburn(2), Georgia (7), Tennessee (13), LSU (16), UF (Not ranked)

ACC - Va. Tech (10), Miami (11), FSU (14), Virginia (23), N.C. State (NR)

NorthFloridaFin said:
I'm sure we all could argue this thread for days. The SEC is still a strong conference, but the ACC has stepped up it's game. We had just as many teams in the Top 25 as the SEC last year.

SEC - Auburn(2), Georgia (7), Tennessee (13), LSU (16), UF (Not ranked)

ACC - Va. Tech (10), Miami (11), FSU (14), Virginia (23), N.C. State (NR)

I'll give you that. The ACC is a good conference but there is a significant drop off after the top few teams.

SpeedRush99 said:
I'll give you that. The ACC is a good conference but there is a significant drop off after the top few teams.

Well, if you want to measure it that way, let's look at the other conferences. using the BCS, which, although dumb, is the one they use to determine bowls.

Big 12: Oklahoma (2), Texas (4), Texas A&M (20), Texas Tech (22), Oklahoma State (24)

Pac-10: USC (1), Cal (5), Arizona State (19)

Big East, with its new teams included: Louisville (10), Pittsburgh (21)

Big 10: Iowa (12), Michigan (13), Wisconsin (17), Ohio State (25)

The Big 12 and Pac-10 are pretty top-heavy, and the Big 10 is pretty consistent. In other words, all the major conferences with the exception of the Big East are pretty good. So going back to the original question, which is the best conference? There's really not a clear-cut winner.

N e one know where Georgia and BSU r playin, if they r playin in Idhao I am for sure goin there cause I want to c BSU suffer and die, lol. Some of the kids who like BSU here after last year think they can beat USC and OU and other great schools. :rofl3: :rofl3:

I pity the people here who like BSU.

no way would Georgia play in Boise...not a chance in hell. why don't you like BSU? makes more sense than OU

FinFan90 said:
N e one know where Georgia and BSU r playin, if they r playin in Idhao I am for sure goin there cause I want to c BSU suffer and die, lol. Some of the kids who like BSU here after last year think they can beat USC and OU and other great schools. :rofl3: :rofl3:

I pity the people here who like BSU.

That game is at Georgia and the "experts" on ESPN called that game an early upset, BSU over GA. :D We'll see.

SpeedRush99 said:
That game is at Georgia and the "experts" on ESPN called that game an early upset, BSU over GA. :D We'll see.

if BSU beats Georgia then ill prob wake up from the dream. :lol:

I love Boise State. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is better than that blue field. To me, that makes them worthy of going to a BCS bowl.

Back
Top Bottom