Best Dolphin Teams that Didn't Reach the Super Bowl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphin Teams that Didn't Reach the Super Bowl

That window shut quickly in '86! We go from 12-4 to 8-8 with a defense that couldn't stop a high school team. Dropped from 12th in defense to 26th.

Typo. I meant 82-85. Fell off quite drastically after that.

Indeed. Age caught up w the D and poor drafting on D did the rest. But SF Dolphin Fan is right. The '83 and '85 teams could have been in the big one. I think the '83 team wins that rematch w Washington. Didn't we blow them out week 1 of '84? Even our '81 team at 11-4-1 was very good. Good run from '81-'85

I know. We talk about four in a row if Miami makes it in 1974, but those early 80's teams could have rivaled that at least in terms of getting to the super bowl. Agree, the Dolphins beat Washington in 1983. Getting past Oakland would have been more of a test IMO.

I know. We talk about four in a row if Miami makes it in 1974, but those early 80's teams could have rivaled that at least in terms of getting to the super bowl. Agree, the Dolphins beat Washington in 1983. Getting past Oakland would have been more of a test IMO.
I agree w this 100%.

Back
Top Bottom