Best draft in awhile folks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best draft in awhile folks

phintim

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Been watching these drafts since JB Brown and Jim Jensen folks and this is definitely one of the more solid one's. No crazy trades, heavy reaches just solid looking picks at positions of need much better than I expected. Maybe the Gase factor, I don't know but am pretty happy with it

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'd like to thank Mr Ross for putting together a first class organization. My hat is off to Mr Grier and his staff. From a long suffering 1975 era fan thank you for finally getting your collective **** together.

Usually there are at least a couple picks where I think, "wtf are they doing?" But not today.

It really does seem like value and need really aligned well this year. Pretty excited about Asiata in the 5th.

Though its to early to know, I agree this appears to be a very good draft. Definitely a lot of potential was selected. It's obvious that Tannenbaum, Grier and Gase are on the same page and work well together.

I've been watching the NFL Draft for 30+ years. This one has the makings of being one of the best in team history. They got a road grader, a seriously dangerous pass rusher, a thumper in the middle at LB, a CB who excels in press coverage and a run stuffing DT. All of whom have the ability to contribute Day 1.

Great draft imo, my wife didn't even realize I was watching the draft because she never heard me say "****ing dolphins, same bull**** every year" and storm out of the house and slam the door.

Great draft imo, my wife didn't even realize I was watching the draft because she never heard me say "****ing dolphins, same bull**** every year" and storm out of the house and slam the door.

Cool, I probably enjoyed Jimmy Johnsons a bit better as usually garderned more picks trading around in the drafts and some were a bit shallow usually in the later rounds. Right now not sure about all our late round picks yet.

Cool, I probably enjoyed Jimmy Johnsons a bit better as usually garderned more picks trading around in the drafts and some were a bit shallow usually in the later rounds. Right now not sure about all our late round picks yet.

I didn't really start following the draft heavily until 2002 or 03 so I missed that Era for the most part. I, like you, am not sure but nothing completely infuriated me so that's gotta be worth something I guess?

So far it looks to be a good draft, obviously wont know till it plays out but the potential of the players picked is high, the asiata pick in the 5th seems to be a steal from what ive been reading about him. The positions we drafted in the first 3 rounds were 3 of the 4 highest positions of need in my opinion. The 4th being guard which was addressed later but de, lb and cb were all in high need of upgrading and we did that in the firat 2 days. I know alot of people were upset with the harris pick but the more i research him the more i realize it was a solid pick. He will learn from wake but he has a great first step, a solid ass spin move, a high motor and he loves football. He knows he has to prove himself, this isnt another dion jordan. I know we resigned branch and we have wake but you can never have too many pass rushers and he will be learning from one of the best in the league.

I think it was a pretty solid draft. If we did this right we could finally have the defensive depth we've needed for a few years. Maybe one day they will draft a Seminole...one day :(

Back
Top Bottom