Best draft in awhile folks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best draft in awhile folks

Really enthused about this draft.

As if need be said, no one here- or anywhere else for that matter- knows what to expect from any of these guys so comments negative OR positive in regards to talent at the NFL level is useless. "Harris can't tackle. Raekwon can't cover." A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... "Brady is not a starter."

What we do know:

DE - The Kraken is getting old. Pass rush is more important than run D. Don't believe it? Worst run D made the playoffs. Those down on this pick, you only come off as foolish to deny his Wake-like, beast talent off of the edge.

LB - One of the most underwhelming in the league. Added a tackling machine.

DB - Much needed competition. Prototypical size.

OG - Nough said.

DT - x2 (love the double up) Much needed bodies at the position.

S - Depth.

WR - 6'1 79 catches, 1,094 yards and 7 TDs. Me likey value.

Those upset with the names should at least be happy at a solid draft according to positions in need of bodies. And the thing about the draft is Asiata may become a perennial probowler and Harris just a serviceable DE. Such is the nature.

Best point made in the thread: we didn't get cute. We were, AT THE VERY LEAST, solid. And I am relieved with the regime's frame of mind.

I don't think they are solid players.

I really do not like Harris. I see him as a part time pass rusher whose moves may well not work at the next level, and if he tries to bulk up against the run, I see him losing the pass rush ability that he does have.

McMillan to me is a two down thumper. We need linebackers who can cover, and he can't. We don't have the depth to waste a pick on guys who can't stay on the field for all three downs. As the year goes on, and injuries pile up, we may well need these guys to play every down, and they both have major holes in their game. I don't see coaching fixing the holes for either player.

tenor.gif

The only surprise to me was no nickel corner selection. Maybe Lucas or Pitts or McCain have tremendously stepped up? Other than that we got a top 3 pass rusher, starting LB, future boundary corner, potential starting LG, two back-up DTs, and a solid WR. Not bad at all!

Those back up DTs are going to be pushing Phillips for snaps so maybe the kid will wake up and give 100% effort to fend them off. If he doesn't then he will be the one coming off the bench. I really like that we got two monster DTs and doubled up on a position that is so vital to winning football games. I think our run defense should be dramatically improved, our pass rush will be better and our pass defense gets back Jones and has added pieces. We really got after improving that side of the ball and still came away with a new starting guard. It's tough not to like such a solid approach to the draft. There was a plan and the plan was well executed. This is such a breath of fresh air to Dolphin fans who have seen the draft botched year after year.

Picking healthy guys who can go day 1 is a nice change of pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was an amazing draft. I think Harris, McMillan, and Asiata will all contribute a lot early on. One of those Defensive Tackles will get on the field early and have a golden opportunity to shine as well. I still think Miami will bring in a vet DT at some point.

For VIDEO on EVERY Draft Pick click here to see what the Fins are getting http://www.dolphinstalk.com/2017/04/every-dolphins-draft-pick-with-video.html

Hey...hopefully they are right about the first two picks...just not a fan in todays NFL of two down linebackers or pass rushers that can't stop the run.

Not with those premium picks...not with the talent that was on the board.....to think we could have had Willis in the 2nd round, and chosen a top free safety, guard, tight end, corner makes the Harris highly questionable with his weaknesses.

I definitely like the draft. Must have been nice to be a Miami Dolphins offensive scout. They just basically took a vacation.

For those JJ drafts, lets not forget about john avery and yatil green. Having said that I like this draft too.

For those JJ drafts, lets not forget about john avery and yatil green. Having said that I like this draft too.

Ya know the John Avery allowed us to trade up for Surtain and Avery played for awhile in the NFL as the 31st pick in the 1st round. I know that is might appear to making a excuse but really if Avery was a 2nd rounder and Surtain the first rounder not much would have been said. Yatil Green, everything was there plus the glass knees.

about the "2 down lb", we shouldn't forget that this guy is incredibly young, it's very possible that he will grow phisically (faster, larger) and everybody talks very very well about his leadership and smart and he has very good tackling fundamentals... Maybe he will improve significantly in the coverage aspect too (experience+feeling for the game)

I have to be honest: at first I was disappointed (I would have preferred Obi or Cunningham) but reading Slim's very very positive reaction changed my mind (I have no evaluation skill nor I "know" the game enough, so I have to trust other and Slimm is one of most credible sources for this kind of stuff.... same reason why I am kind of scared about Harris)

Back
Top Bottom