Best draft in awhile folks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best draft in awhile folks

On paper, it looks god damn awesome. We addressed the issues from last year, bulked up on some spots for depth, and prepared for future departures.

That said, like any other draft, I don't care about what "looks" good. I care about player performance. I see 1 player starting next year, 1 player being rotated, and the rest are special teams/backup. Same **** different year.

On paper, it looks god damn awesome. We addressed the issues from last year, bulked up on some spots for depth, and prepared for future departures.

That said, like any other draft, I don't care about what "looks" good. I care about player performance. I see 1 player starting next year, 1 player being rotated, and the rest are special teams/backup. Same **** different year.

Out of curiosity, care to name those players you have in those situations?

I thought it was a very good draft, things are looking up for us!

How many starters would you say is "good" to get out of a draft? Three?

It's according to how solid your roster is I feel like ours was weak last year and we did not get much out of last year's draft to look at. Good would be four and linebacker, guard and one of the defense tackles we picked up today have the greatest opportunities to make a difference. We are resigning our own, improving the drafting so moving forward IMO the next big question is coaching on the defensive side of the ball

This actually looks like a competent football team with a vision moving as a unit for the first time in a long time. Kudos to Ross and the entire team for stepping it up

God I wish I was as happy as all of you. I've got this sinking feeling in my stomach that the FO really screwed up this draft. Asiata is the only pick I'm ok with.

God I wish I was as happy as all of you. I've got this sinking feeling in my stomach that the FO really screwed up this draft. Asiata is the only pick I'm ok with.

What dont u like? They adressed needs with actual football players who dont have injury histories...it might not be a sexy draft but they got solid players especially rounds 1-3

My excitement is all about adding Lawrence Timmons and Raekwon McMillan to the LB corps, adding William Hayes, Charles Harris, and few young DTs to the defensive line, and adding Cordrea Tankersly, hopefully a fully-healthy Xavien Howard, and Reshad Jones to the secondary.

The potential talent level on defense has exploded as compared to where we ended the season in Pittsburgh.

I do agree the asiata pick lookw really good, i only watch a little college ball, mostly penn state games so i dont know a whole lot about the playera but everything ive found about asiata has been good...saw a few places that had him as the best pulling guard, nimble feet and a mauling run blocker

What dont u like? They adressed needs with actual football players who dont have injury histories...it might not be a sexy draft but they got solid players especially rounds 1-3

I don't think they are solid players.

I really do not like Harris. I see him as a part time pass rusher whose moves may well not work at the next level, and if he tries to bulk up against the run, I see him losing the pass rush ability that he does have.

McMillan to me is a two down thumper. We need linebackers who can cover, and he can't. We don't have the depth to waste a pick on guys who can't stay on the field for all three downs. As the year goes on, and injuries pile up, we may well need these guys to play every down, and they both have major holes in their game. I don't see coaching fixing the holes for either player.

Okay.

I logged on with the mindset, "You know what? I think this was a VERY good draft. And I'm gonna say so, and nobody's going to agree with me..."

So I'm not the only one. Okay, then.

I don't think they are solid players.

I really do not like Harris. I see him as a part time pass rusher whose moves may well not work at the next level, and if he tries to bulk up against the run, I see him losing the pass rush ability that he does have.

McMillan to me is a two down thumper. We need linebackers who can cover, and he can't. We don't have the depth to waste a pick on guys who can't stay on the field for all three downs. As the year goes on, and injuries pile up, we may well need these guys to play every down, and they both have major holes in their game. I don't see coaching fixing the holes for either player.

None of us know how itll turn out...keep an open mind man. I understand your concerns and i see where ur coming from but u never know it might turn out great it might go the other way but u neve4 know till the pads go on. Dont get too down yet, i think itll all pan out in the end but youre entitlee to your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom