Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Nick Saban

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Steve Spurrier

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
I honestly can't decide. This could become a great thread if we were to take up candidates and have a nice debate. There are excellent arguments to be made for 3-5 of these guys.

I honestly can't decide. This could become a great thread if we were to take up candidates and have a nice debate. There are excellent arguments to be made for 3-5 of these guys.

Stevie is from my hometown and went to my high school. Thats my argument. :tongue:

Oh yea, he also took UF from an also ran to a national power, won 6 SEC Titles, and a National Championship.

I agree, definitely some very good coaches down south.

Well I stirred the pot a bit I think, though I did pick one of the 3-5 that you guys are referencing I think.

Stevie is from my hometown and went to my high school. Thats my argument. :tongue:

Oh yea, he also took UF from an also ran to a national power, won 6 SEC Titles, and a National Championship.

Oh I'm not arguing with you :wink:

I had to go with Urban Meyer. There were only two real choices in my head tho (Steve Spurrier the other). I went with Urban Meyer because he does not just come in with a offense he comes in with much more than that. He bring attitude and more importantly toughness. The Gators in the 90's were very much a finase team and they continued under Zook. Not under Meyer. He has really changed Florida into a team that can do alot of things very well and it does not hurt when you win a National title with players that don't fit your system.

The Gators in the 90's were very much a finase team

Bob Stoops may take offense to that statement.

Plus everyone Gator fan knows that Spurrier's offense is at its best when it can run the football.

Skeet let me ask you this? What was the Florida football program was like before they hired Steve Spurrier?

Back
Top Bottom