Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Nick Saban

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Steve Spurrier

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Bob Stoops may take offense to that statement.

Plus everyone Gator fan knows that Spurrier's offense is at its best when it can run the football.

Skeet let me ask you this? What was the Florida football program was like before they hired Steve Spurrier?

Bob stoops may take offense, But it wasn't his fault. He did not go out there and play. They lacked defense v.s. the run in more than a couple of years.

Yes his offense was at its best when it ran the football and the Gators did a great job, but I would not call spreading the field and handing it to the back hard nosed either.

I honestly don't know what it was like before Spurrier because I am so young. I only started watching the Gators in 94. I just starting watching the Gators play and fell in love with them. I had been whatching the Dolphins play before that tho.

I actually do try and put effort into learning the tradition of the Gators tho

I went w/ Saban because I figured all the homers would go w/ Meyer ;)

Saban is a good college coach.

And Meyer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Weis.
:wink:

and Richt is the best.

Just wait till this year. :wink:

:sidelol::sidelol: Where have I heard that? Sorry, but Richt is a really good coach. However, there are a few in the SEC that are much better.

I voted for Meyer. I just feel the way he coaches these kids and gets them to buy into his system or the modified system (to fit the talent - ask Leak) I just feel he is a unbelievable coach. Just really do. Nothing against Spurrier. I think he is an offensive GENIUS. But he ONLY coaches the offense. He has even been quoted before saying how the other coaches have to get the D working. He takes no ownership nor interest in the D.

:sidelol::sidelol: Where have I heard that? Sorry, but Richt is a really good coach. However, there are a few in the SEC that are much better.

I voted for Meyer. I just feel the way he coaches these kids and gets them to buy into his system or the modified system (to fit the talent - ask Leak) I just feel he is a unbelievable coach. Just really do. Nothing against Spurrier. I think he is an offensive GENIUS. But he ONLY coaches the offense. He has even been quoted before saying how the other coaches have to get the D working. He takes no ownership nor interest in the D.

Also Meyer coaches special teams really well!!!

and Richt is the best.

Just wait till this year. :wink:

:lol: Even if he went undefeated this year I'd have a hard time saying he's even top 3.

He is a good coach but the coaching talent in the SEC is pretty deep.

What have you done for me lately.

Pretty much, I voted for Meyer but I can definitely see the argument for Spurrier. I was just very impressed with how fast Meyer turned that team around and used players not exactly suited for his offense to win.

:lol: Even if he went undefeated this year I'd have a hard time saying he's even top 3.

He is a good coach but the coaching talent in the SEC is pretty deep.

Pretty much, I voted for Meyer but I can definitely see the argument for Spurrier. I was just very impressed with how fast Meyer turned that team around and used players not exactly suited for his offense to win.

He's not in the top 3 of the SEC EAST

Yeah, I'd probably give him #3.

Spurrier and Meyer are the top dogs, then Fulmer and Richt are pretty even for #3.

Sorry, not trying to slam you.
Spurrier and Meyer are far better, and I'd take Fulmer with his National Championship over Richt. The 'Dogs just seem to fall short in big games. Until he brings them from 2nd tier to elite he won't belong in the discussion.

IMO Urban Meyer is the clear choice. The man took a school like BGSU and make then fun to watch and a respectable team. Left there went to another poor school in Utah and turned them around so much their QB was a #1 overall draft pick. And for Icing on the Cake he leaves Utah goes to Florida and wins a National Championship.

IMO Urban Meyer is the clear choice. The man took a school like BGSU and make then fun to watch and a respectable team. Left there went to another poor school in Utah and turned them around so much their QB was a #1 overall draft pick. And for Icing on the Cake he leaves Utah goes to Florida and wins a National Championship.

Spurrier won a ACC title with Duke! What does that tell you?

Back
Top Bottom