Best Realistic Deal we can make for #1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Realistic Deal we can make for #1

I like the Dallas deal, 2 firsts and a second this year plus there 1st and 3rd next! We need players not a star. IMO

I have heard this Dallas trade rumor a lot. I am not sure if getting Ireland and Parcells increase or decrease the chances of this happening though.

Personally, If we do trade with Dallas it would more likely be thier two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder this year, then a 1st rounder next year. Or thier two 1st this year their 2nd this year and a player (Bobby Carpenter???).

I have heard this Dallas trade rumor a lot. I am not sure if getting Ireland and Parcells increase or decrease the chances of this happening though.

Personally, If we do trade with Dallas it would more likely be thier two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder this year, then a 1st rounder next year. Or thier two 1st this year their 2nd this year and a player (Bobby Carpenter???).

The chances of this trade happening was zero before Bill and Jeff got here and remains zero today. This draft is full of stud RBs and Dallas already has one. I don't care how much Jones loves Arkansas, he's not a moron and he could probably get Felix Jones if he's intent on drafting a hogs RB.

You think this because you're a Miami Dolphins fan. Take your aqua and orange glasses off and you'll see clearly how that trade makes zero sense for the Dallas Cowboys.
im not saying it just because i am a dolphins fan i am saying it because it COULD happen im not saying its going to happen we could just even trade our #1 for there 2 #1s

im not saying it just because i am a dolphins fan i am saying it because it COULD happen im not saying its going to happen we could just even trade our #1 for there 2 #1s

Please explain how that makes sense for Dallas. That's the part I'd love to hear.

Please explain how that makes sense for Dallas. That's the part I'd love to hear.
what do u want me to tell u we get 2 later first round picks and they get the #1 pick in the draft if they decide not to franchise Barber and he goes some where else and Jones goes some where else they can pick up McFadden

what do u want me to tell u we get 2 later first round picks and they get the #1 pick in the draft if they decide not to franchise Barber and he goes some where else and Jones goes some where else they can pick up McFadden

If Barber's a RFA (I know he's not a UFA), it's unlikely he'll leave w/o Dallas getting another 1st rounder in return. I don't see Dallas giving up a first round pick, letting a young, pro bowl RB go elsewhere and paying 50+ million for McFadden, when RB is not an issue for them at all and there's plenty of good RBs in this draft that will be there for them in the late first if they're interested. It just doesn't make sense...

If Barber's a RFA (I know he's not a UFA), it's unlikely he'll leave w/o Dallas getting another 1st rounder in return. I don't see Dallas giving up a first round pick, letting a young, pro bowl RB go elsewhere and paying 50+ million for McFadden, when RB is not an issue for them at all and there's plenty of good RBs in this draft that will be there for them in the late first if they're interested. It just doesn't make sense...
im just saying if they see someone they like they can turn to us for that trade because we have alot of dallas coachs that would probly do that trade to help dallas and to help us

I find it amazing how many people think Jerry Jones has absolutely no common sense. He didn't get to were he is in the business world today by being an idiot. Just for fun why don't we all ask a dallas fan (plenty out there and we all know one) how they would feel about giving up their draft to get McFadden.

I think his name is Jerry Jones and not Ditka. lol

Here's a somewhat realistic scenario:

Miami trades the #1 overall pick to Atlanta.

Atlanta sends Miami the #3 overall pick, #35 overall pick, and DeAngelo Hall.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I would even do this deal if Hall was not included. We still get one of the Long's or Dorsey and still pick up a high 2nd rounder in the process!

I think trading down makes the most sense, but wanting to do this, and actually finding someone who is willing to give you something fair in return are two different things. I would just spread a lot of rumors the night before the draft that we have potential deals with McFadden and some others, so that some other teams might be tempted to deal with us.

All I know is that the trade value chart should be thrown out the window and we should bounce down and pickup as many 2nd and 3rd round picks as we can, they are the base of any roster for the long hall. Maybe we get lucky and have some of our second day picks become all world(Brady). The most imortant thing is get out of the first pick, too much risk and money unless a Peyton Manning is sitting there and I don't see one. Hope that Mcfadden runs a 4.1 and we take him or Jerry Jones pulls a Ditka.

I would just spread a lot of rumors the night before the draft that we have potential deals with McFadden and some others, so that some other teams might be tempted to deal with us.

What if instead of spreading rumors, we actually found out what a different team was willing to pay McFadden (or insert other draftee name here), we signed him before the draft, and traded the number one overall pick to that team immediately? If a team thought it wouldn't have a holdout on it's hands, it might be more willing to trade into the top spot. We would be a broker for this arrangement, which would allow us to play one team off against the other. Not sure about the rules in this situation, but it's interesting to think about.

Here's a somewhat realistic scenario:

Miami trades the #1 overall pick to Atlanta.

Atlanta sends Miami the #3 overall pick, #35 overall pick, and DeAngelo Hall.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.
i doubt that they would send us DeAngelo Hall with it but if they would i would also do it in a Heartbeat

Why wouldn't we just trade our #1 for Hall and #3?

We get a shutdown corner and either Dorsey or Long guaranteed. They get Matt Ryan without having to stress over whether he's available and they get rid of his salary hit and a guy that doesn't want to be there.

Win/win. Plus, we get to pay Dorsey or Long less money at 3 than 1.

Yeah, first post. Just as the title says I'm just wondering what is the best realistic deal Miami might have a chance of making for the #1 pick?

the most realistic deal would be to stay at #1.

i dont c any team trading up. dont c the teams that need a QB trading up, because Brohm is a consolation prize should Matty Ice go #1.

dont c any teams in need of a RB trading up, MIA isnt drafting him.

dont c any teams trading up for a DT, since MIA isnt drafting Dorsey and Ellis is just as good as Dorsey anyways.

Same with C Long. MIA isnt drafting him and Ghoulston is a consolation prize should C Long be gone.

No team will trade up for Jake Long either because Clady is just a tad under him.

MIA is picking #1, period. We just need to take advantage of it and select either Matt Ryan or Jake Long.

Back
Top Bottom