Big 10 might expand to 12 teams... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big 10 might expand to 12 teams...

Yeah, I don't think ND will ever end up in the Big 10plus2, or any conference for that matter unless NBC explodes. Or unless Charlie Weis runs the program into the ground and NBC wants no part of it, which is realistic.. :wink: Don.

I wonder who the other two teams would be though. Are they going to steal from the MAC or something? I doubt they'd get anything out of the Big East. It's hardly worth it if they end up pulling out Northern Illinois or Central Michigan.

They would probably take the two best teams from the Big East. :lol:

That's how I was thinking. Unless it turns into a national conference, they'd need to pawn the likes of Rutgers or Louisville or something, but I don't even think those teams would want to leave the Big East.

That's how I was thinking. Unless it turns into a national conference, they'd need to pawn the likes of Rutgers or Louisville or something, but I don't even think those teams would want to leave the Big East.

This cracks me up how people mention Rutgers still...
WAKE UP...the team had one decent season with a cake schedule after SEASON AFTER SEASON AFTER SEASON of complete embarassement. In two years, Rutgers will be back to being miserable.

And for the record...there is not a single team in the Big East that could compete in the Big 10. Even West Virginia or Louisville would end up with seasons like Northwestern or Purdue.

WAKE UP...the team had one decent season with a cake schedule after SEASON AFTER SEASON AFTER SEASON of complete embarassement. In two years, Rutgers will be back to being miserable.

And for the record...there is not a single team in the Big East that could compete in the Big 10. Even West Virginia or Louisville would end up with seasons like Northwestern or Purdue.

What if you look at it from the aspect of the confrence's new tv network? Rutgers would help expand the channel into the huge east coast markets.

Plus...

:caveman:

You are fooling yourself if you think WVU would have a record in the Big 10 + 2 ala Northwestern or Purdue...With all that speed on offense...c'mon...they would make quite a few trips to Pasadena

WVU would overall improve the big 10, however i don't think they would be a powerhouse there. they would be more like iowa where they would have a really good year and then 2 okay years

ND won't go. No need too.

A few years ago this was discussed and Pittsburgh and Syracuse were very high on the list. They could make a go at one of them. Also look for Missouri to be mentioned

WVU would overall improve the big 10, however i don't think they would be a powerhouse there. they would be more like iowa where they would have a really good year and then 2 okay years

OK, with all due respect to the great people of WV.......no way in hell a conference with the academic standards of Northwestern, Michigan, Penn St, and Indiana would EVER let a school with the very low academic standards of WV into their conference.

http://blog.mlive.com/spartansinsider/2007/07/the_big_twen.html

This Michigan newspaper says Notre Dame and Syracuse are gonna be the top two choices if/when the Big 10 expands.

Says Rutgers isn't on the radar. Says Pitt's "urban campus" is a turn off to a lot of schools in the Big 10. Missouri isn't a big enough name. Nebraska is too small of a tv market.

Back
Top Bottom