Big 10 might expand to 12 teams... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big 10 might expand to 12 teams...

The Big 10 aren't stupid. If they keep pursuing ND, they must know something we don't, or have some plan about how to lure them in. I just don't think they'd try this hard for this long if they knew they didn't have a chance.

Arent there already 12 teams?

Indiana
Iowa
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Northwestern
Illinios
Minn.

Huh....guess not...no way Wv comes to this conf. Why would they?

The Big 10 aren't stupid. If they keep pursuing ND, they must know something we don't, or have some plan about how to lure them in. I just don't think they'd try this hard for this long if they knew they didn't have a chance.

They have been pursuing for years. As have the Big East and ACC.

The Big 10 has tried hard and forever and always have gotten shot down. ND has it made. There is nothing to entice them to leave. They don't have to share any money with anyone. They are on NATIONAL TV every week no matter what for football (the big $$$ winner). They can schedule nationally which helps their recruiting. They don't have to be stuck playing 8 or 9 games against team from the same region of the country. They have the Big East tie-in for bowls and EVERY OTHER SPORT the Big East allows them entry for everything (which props up their basketball $$$).

Unless the BIG 10 will match the money (which they can't without upseting every other team in the conference) I don't see how ND jumps to a conference.

They have been pursuing for years. As have the Big East and ACC.

The Big 10 has tried hard and forever and always have gotten shot down. ND has it made. There is nothing to entice them to leave. They don't have to share any money with anyone. They are on NATIONAL TV every week no matter what for football (the big $$$ winner). They can schedule nationally which helps their recruiting. They don't have to be stuck playing 8 or 9 games against team from the same region of the country. They have the Big East tie-in for bowls and EVERY OTHER SPORT the Big East allows them entry for everything (which props up their basketball $$$).

Unless the BIG 10 will match the money (which they can't without upseting every other team in the conference) I don't see how ND jumps to a conference.

That's what I'm thinking though. I have to think the Big 10 have some idea about how they can end up reworking Notre Dame's TV deal so they aren't completely out of pocket. Obvious ND wouldn't do this unless they were getting the same, or better, compensation, but I'm thinking maybe the Big 10 have some ideas about how to do that without putting themselves entirely out of pocket.

That's what I'm thinking though. I have to think the Big 10 have some idea about how they can end up reworking Notre Dame's TV deal so they aren't completely out of pocket. Obvious ND wouldn't do this unless they were getting the same, or better, compensation, but I'm thinking maybe the Big 10 have some ideas about how to do that without putting themselves entirely out of pocket.

The BIG 10 conference can't compete with a billion dollar company like NBC.

I just don't see it happening.

I think Missouri, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, maybe even Conneticut.......those are the types of schools you will see targeted.

http://blog.mlive.com/spartansinsider/2007/07/the_big_twen.html

This Michigan newspaper says Notre Dame and Syracuse are gonna be the top two choices if/when the Big 10 expands.

Says Rutgers isn't on the radar. Says Pitt's "urban campus" is a turn off to a lot of schools in the Big 10. Missouri isn't a big enough name. Nebraska is too small of a tv market.

After reading that article, I'm fairly certain Syracuse will be the 12th member of the Big Ten. And excluding Notre Dame, it's the best candidate.

they are that stupid. ND will not join the Big 10, not only would they lose all that NBC money but it'd basically end a few rivalries that mean a lot to ND.

After reading that article, I'm fairly certain Syracuse will be the 12th member of the Big Ten. And excluding Notre Dame, it's the best candidate.

The Syracuse AD and Chancelor both have BIG 10 ties. Both graduated from BIG 10 schools. If offered they won't turn it down.

ND is too scarred to go. They wouldnt even be one of the top 3 teams in the conference. OSU, Michigan and Wisky are much better programs at the moment.

Weis wont have the luxury of playing all those military schools if he joined the Big Ten hahaha.

ND is too scarred to go. They wouldnt even be one of the top 3 teams in the conference. OSU, Michigan and Wisky are much better programs at the moment.

Weis wont have the luxury of playing all those military schools if he joined the Big Ten hahaha.

Not about winning or losing. Schools don't care about that to the level fans do. They really don't.

It's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Unless a conference can give ND as much or MORE money than NBC does, they have no reason to leave. Period.

Ignorance.:rolleyes: Have you seen OSU's schedule this year? ND could still play military academies and still have a tougher schedule.

Nebraska is too small of a tv market.

Why would Nebraska leave the Big 12 to go to what is essentially a copy of the Big 12 to play teams they have no history against? Doesn't make too much sense, now does it?

Back
Top Bottom