BIG NEWS! Boston may be back in November! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BIG NEWS! Boston may be back in November!

Well said Oliver, w/ CC and D-Bo locked up l/t, there is no sense in risking the future for something that doesnt matter. Those 2 can give us a solid 1 2 punch for a few years down the road, risking further injury if less than 100% is pointless, then we risk losing him for the 2005 season as well.

I wouldn't take a chance. I am from Louisville and one of our basketball players (Ellis Myles) ruptured his patella two years ago. Technically, he could have played last year, but it was decided to redshirt him so that he could play this year and get stronger. Since football is way more dangerous than basketball, I would think that Boston should sit out just to be safe. I would hate to see him have a career ending injury just to play in a handful of games.

ohall said:
I have mixed feelings about this. I would feel wonderful if he could actually do this and contribute and remain healthy, but I would also be very concerned he would rush back and suffer the same or another injury to only lose him for some or all of the 2005 season.

Oliver...

I think that's a very sympathetic way of looking at things. No one has asked me for my thoughts. If they had, then I would say that I really don't give a **** about Boston getting hurt again. If he can help us this year then we need to put him in. We'll worry about next year when it comes. This team needs to do everything possible to win this year!

Ddin't Fred Barnett hav a simliar injury a few years back. Rehab and come back in November? Just food for thought.

FinSinceBirth said:
I'm not sure but I THINK miami has already put him on the IR. I believe I read that, don't quote me it's only speculation.

Exactly. If Boston was on the IR, the story would have been more like, "I can't believe I'm on IR, I could make it back for week 11."

Like most of you, I've got mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I seriously doubt we'll be out of playoff contention by week 11. In the parity-heavy NFL, that's a distinction reserved for the Cardinals and Chargers and few others. So Boston could help. On the other hand, I'm recalling every other player that's tried to come back too soon from a horrific injury.
Anyone remember Fred Barnett? Fred was our prized free agent signing to take over for Irving Fryar. He suffered a knee injury that was supposed to keep him out for the whole season. He made a fast recovery, rushed back to play week 8 (against his old team, the Eagles), then battled nagging injuries for the next few weeks and wasn't as good as he had been. The next season, he was completely ineffective, and was out of football before long.

BALLS DEEP said:
I think that's a very sympathetic way of looking at things. No one has asked me for my thoughts. If they had, then I would say that I really don't give a **** about Boston getting hurt again. If he can help us this year then we need to put him in. We'll worry about next year when it comes. This team needs to do everything possible to win this year!

Nope! You make a command decision based on where you stand in the conference at the time you THINK Boston "might contribute" and go from there. But you NEVER lose sight of the future....Boston might BE our future, ya know?? :shakeno:

AZStryker said:
Ddin't Fred Barnett hav a simliar injury a few years back. Rehab and come back in November? Just food for thought.

Argh, you got that in just before I did! :fire:
;)

I think a lot of what happens with this depends on whether we get another receiver in here. If something happens that we bring in Keenan McCardell, there's less urgency for Boston to come back. Or if Antonio Freeman comes in and has a career resurgence.

Off topic, but I was looking up Irving Fryar's stats. He had his best years at ages 34 and 35. Merits mention for those doubting McCardell because of his age. (I don't presume to compare anyone to the great and ageless Jerry Rice. Fryar, like McCardell and unlike Rice, is a mere mortal.)

My gut feeling is that if anyone could do it, it would be a health nut like Boston. However, unlike some others here, as of this point in time I don't have alot of hope for the playoffs. If we are not in playoff contention I say why risk anything. Let him get completely 100% healthy and get him back in 2005 when we would have hopefully reloaded and are ready to make a serious run.
If I am wrong (which I hope I am) and we are in the playoff hunt, how can you not put him in the lineup if Boston says he is ready to go?

phunwin said:
Argh, you got that in just before I did! :fire:
;)

Dammit, I get three pages in and somebody else beats me to it. :lol:

Fred Barnett tore his ACL......and was back on the field 12 weeks later. He was never the same player. But he did make it back.

MrClean said:
One thing the article doesn't say is if the first tear in 2002 was complete or partial as this one is. I would guess that would make a difference in healing and recovery time. Then again, I'm not a doctor...

To show how extreme Boston is about nutrition and how it pertains to his fitness regimen, I read somewhere, after workouts that he'd even routinely use an IV drip of some specially prepared blend of key nutrients to help replenish his system.
I think I read it was an IV drip of magnesium. It helps the muscles to heal faster and more effective.

Alright Baby !!!!!!! I hope he can come back by then, what a help it would be in a tight playoff race and push into the playoffs !

Back
Top Bottom