Biggest need in the draft other than WR/RB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest need in the draft other than WR/RB?

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
What’s the next biggest hole in the roster after those 2? It’s kind of crazy but it’s hard to find one that’s a dire need. LB depth, adding to interior OL, maybe another versatile DB? Raekwon Davis, Solomon Kindley and Brandon Jones have both made a bigger impact than I expected. Then FA signings like Ogbah, Lawson, and Flowers all worked out a little better than I expected. So I think for me that leaves LB, preferably a versatile hybrid backer to groom behind Kyle Van Noy since he’s our oldest player and has had some injury’s

OFF LB with instincts and good pursuit angles that can stack and shed, tackle, blitz and carry coverage, all in the same guy.

It's basically depth issues after WR and RB.

I agree. ILB could definitely use an upgrade, but it's not a burning need.

Would like to add Z. Collins if his stock doesn't rise too high - would be good with him at 2a - but otherwise, WR, RB, and more OL would be the focus of my draft for Miami (just not too early for RB).

If Tua and the young OL continue to develop, Miami is a couple of consistent, dynamic WR's away from competing.

A lot hinges on Karras. If he signs elsewhere, I think center is a big need.

Otherwise, I'd look to add two wide receivers early maybe one in the first and one in the second.

Middle linebacker is a need. I'd look for quality depth at defensive tackle.

TK is a free agent and I don't want him back. Draft our new starting center. And then some Oline depth late rounds.

I know I'm in the minority on this board, but I want a stud ILB more than anything. Then it's OT, C, WR and RB, and all of those are very close to each other. Then it's S, OLB and Edge.

I know most of you want "playmakers to help tua," and I want a WR and a RB too, but for the team.

Yeah, we've got three rookies on the O Line, and they should get better next season, but if we get a T, then Hunt can go to G. I'd like to see Jackson, Kindley, Rookie/FA, Hunt, Rookie next season, with Davis as the floater backup with Karras or Deiter as backup C.

A quality LB and RT.

RT is way more important than Center.

Karras has been fine this year, you could upgrade but the need to do so does not match using a high pick.

RT is the most important position on the OL for Miami.

I think Robert Hunt has been the best OL rookie. We need a back up tackle, and possibly a new starting guard or centre (depending on Karras contract)

A quality LB and RT.

RT is way more important than Center.

Karras has been fine this year, you could upgrade but the need to do so does not match using a high pick.

RT is the most important position on the OL for Miami.
RT is solid. We don't have a C after 3 more games. I don't agree with your assessment.

Even if the Fins don't know who their C is going to be the blindside protector of their oft injured LEFT handed QB who is the future of the Franchise is inarguably more important.

A Center is a lot easier to find as well.

They could keep Karras, or go sign an FA like Karras or draft one in the middle rounds.

They need a B grade Center to have a strong OL but they need an A grade RT to protect Tua.

You may feel that Hunt is the guy to do that but I do not.You are asking a potential A grade OG to be a B- OT.He does not have to the feet to ever be a truly high caliber OT.

Get one who does and you strengthen TWO OL spots because Hunt is a beast on the inside and that is where I want him.

Back
Top Bottom