Biggest need in the draft other than WR/RB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest need in the draft other than WR/RB?

Even if the Fins don't know who their C is going to be the blindside protector of their oft injured LEFT handed QB who is the future of the Franchise is inarguably more important.

A Center is a lot easier to find as well.

They could keep Karras, or go sign an FA like Karras or draft one in the middle rounds.

They need a B grade Center to have a strong OL but they need an A grade RT to protect Tua.

You may feel that Hunt is the guy to do that but I do not.You are asking a potential A grade OG to be a B- OT.He does not have to the feet to ever be a truly high caliber OT.

Get one who does and you strengthen TWO OL spots because Hunt is a beast on the inside and that is where I want him.
You post as if hunt had been letting up sack after sack, hit after hit. You are wrong.

Even if the Fins don't know who their C is going to be the blindside protector of their oft injured LEFT handed QB who is the future of the Franchise is inarguably more important.

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner.

I think that most of the guys who are trying to argue that Robert Hunt is 'good enough', are just so anti-drafting linemen that they'll grasp onto ANY argument, no matter how tenuous... in order to draft skill positions.

Keeping Tua upright... and healthy is job one. Robert Hunt wouldn't be a bad choice for a right handed power rushing team, but he just doesn't have the feet to protect a small left handed QB's blind side.

Now, if we wanted to argue that we should swap Jackson for Hunt in the offseason and swing both of them to the other side... then maybe, but that would come with a different set of risks.

I think the two most interesting things about this coming Draft is how the FO feels about WR and RT.

I am really curious to see how highly they value those two positions in terms of Draft capital.

We really do have to thank Houston because without those extra picks the Fins would have to make some tougher decisions.

I think they have the ammo to address the teams obvious weaknesses without reaching.They should be able to add a WR and a RB to the Offense as well as an OL or two, while finding a 3 down LB to finish the Defense.

In fact they may be able to do it with their first 5 picks without reaching or stooping to checking boxes on the need list in spite of draft value.

I think the board is going to line up pretty well with their needs and it will just be a question of what spot is picked where.They should be able to find a quality WR with any of their first 3 picks which should give them flexibility to go a lot of different ways.

A Center is a lot easier to find as well.

They could keep Karras, or go sign an FA like Karras or draft one in the middle rounds.

They need a B grade Center to have a strong OL but they need an A grade RT to protect Tua.

You may feel that Hunt is the guy to do that but I do not.You are asking a potential A grade OG to be a B- OT.He does not have to the feet to ever be a truly high caliber OT.

Get one who does and you strengthen TWO OL spots because Hunt is a beast on the inside and that is where I want him.

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner.

I think that most of the guys who are trying to argue that Robert Hunt is 'good enough', are just so anti-drafting linemen that they'll grasp onto ANY argument, no matter how tenuous... in order to draft skill positions.

Keeping Tua upright... and healthy is job one. Robert Hunt wouldn't be a bad choice for a right handed power rushing team, but he just doesn't have the feet to protect a small left handed QB's blind side.

Now, if we wanted to argue that we should swap Jackson for Hunt in the offseason and swing both of them to the other side... then maybe, but that would come with a different set of risks.
Here's the definition of two wrongs don't make a right...

I think the biggest factor will be if Houston's pick is early enough to land Parsons.

Or if they have a choice of Parsons of Chase.

The other big factor will be the trade down options if there is a coveted QB on the board when the Houston pick comes up. That would be my dream scenario.

Move down a little and grab a 2022 1st rounder(the usual charge for a QB trade up).

I love having multiple 1st rounders and do not want to go back to only having one per year. ;)

Here's the definition of two wrongs don't make a right...
What are the "two wrongs"?

I am at a loss here.

Protecting the blindside of the QB is job one of the OL, you must do that or nothing else is going to matter.

Unless you think Hunt is up to the task......................which would be great. I just don't think that is his best role and that the team could do better.

The anti Hunt crowd acts as if he is Columbo. There were a few that drone on and on to move him to G and then it spread like wildfire. His natural position is T. He was drafted as a T. He is performing and developing as a T. Stop trying to move him to guard!!!

The anti Hunt crowd acts as if he is Columbo. There were a few that drone on and on to move him to G and then it spread like wildfire. His natural position is T. He was drafted as a T. He is performing and developing as a T. Stop trying to move him to guard!!!
Robert Hunt IOL Louisiana - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

Robert Hunt 2020 NFL Draft Profile - ESPN

2020 NFL Draft Profile: Louisiana OL Robert Hunt (msn.com)

Robert Hunt Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

2020 NFL Draft prospect profile: Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana - Big Blue View

There are dozens of these out there. All of the touts said his best spot was Guard... questioned his feet... said his game was power (which means non-blind side tackle or guard).

No one is saying that Hunt is a bad player or a bad guy, we are saying that he isn't a star blind-side tackle and that he could be a star Guard. Even the Dolphins list him as a G/T, which means they don't see him as a pure Tackle either.

Robert Hunt IOL Louisiana - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

Robert Hunt 2020 NFL Draft Profile - ESPN

2020 NFL Draft Profile: Louisiana OL Robert Hunt (msn.com)

Robert Hunt Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

2020 NFL Draft prospect profile: Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana - Big Blue View

There are dozens of these out there. All of the touts said his best spot was Guard... questioned his feet... said his game was power (which means non-blind side tackle or guard).

No one is saying that Hunt is a bad player or a bad guy, we are saying that he isn't a star blind-side tackle and that he could be a star Guard. Even the Dolphins list him as a G/T, which means they don't see him as a pure Tackle either.

You're right all the touts said he should move inside to Guard but I'm pretty sure he played RT not G at ULL. It will be an interesting call for the FO this off season to see if they believe in him as our RT.

If not we'll have to look at Rashawn Slater, Jaylen Mayfield or Tevin Jenkins as the best RTs in the draft coming up. Or converting Darrisaw to RT.

You're right all the touts said he should move inside to Guard but I'm pretty sure he played RT not G at ULL. It will be an interesting call for the FO this off season to see if they believe in him as our RT.

If not we'll have to look at Rashawn Slater, Jaylen Mayfield or Tevin Jenkins as the best RTs in the draft coming up. Or converting Darrisaw to RT.
He played Left Tackle (blindside) in college, but it was at such a low level of competition that I'm not sure he faced any NFL level speed talent. One of the knocks on Hunt has always been a lack of lateral mobility; if we can put him in a spot to limit what he has to do there, his power/mauling game could be exceptional.

Remember, he was the one rookie who didn't win his job out of camp, and while I don't expect that he is a finished product, his game is power based and while that would scream right tackle on a right handed running team like the Titans... that isn't us.

Oline I think will be a work in progress for 2-3 years at least.

Z Collins can play inside as well if needed, and I'm sure Flores and Boyer will demand versatility from any LB we draft high. I haven't seen much of Merlin Robertson this year but he'd be a good option at ILB. I can't see us drafting any LB they don't see as multiple, otherwise they could have just kept Raekwon McMillan.

I wouldn't rule out another CB, particularly if they can cover Safety. We can't be in a situation where whole defensive scheme breaks down if one of our DBs go down. Can you imagine how unpopular a pick that would be?

Oline I think will be a work in progress for 2-3 years at least.

Z Collins can play inside as well if needed, and I'm sure Flores and Boyer will demand versatility from any LB we draft high. I haven't seen much of Merlin Robertson this year but he'd be a good option at ILB. I can't see us drafting any LB they don't see as multiple, otherwise they could have just kept Raekwon McMillan.

I wouldn't rule out another CB, particularly if they can cover Safety. We can't be in a situation where whole defensive scheme breaks down if one of our DBs go down. Can you imagine how unpopular a pick that would be?
There's a difference between a 2 down ILB and a 3 down one.

He played Left Tackle (blindside) in college, but it was at such a low level of competition that I'm not sure he faced any NFL level speed talent. One of the knocks on Hunt has always been a lack of lateral mobility; if we can put him in a spot to limit what he has to do there, his power/mauling game could be exceptional.

Remember, he was the one rookie who didn't win his job out of camp, and while I don't expect that he is a finished product, his game is power based and while that would scream right tackle on a right handed running team like the Titans... that isn't us.

You're right about his feet, he relies on his hands to get himself out of trouble (kind of the opposite of Kindley).

I don’t see how you can project Zaven Collins at inside LB when he did not play inside at Tulsa.

Back
Top Bottom