Biggest need in the draft other than WR/RB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest need in the draft other than WR/RB?

I don’t see how you can project Zaven Collins at inside LB when he did not play inside at Tulsa.
Yeah, he's an OLB, though if he's our only addition this offseason, he'd likely play the role of the MLB in typical sets.

I'd imagine that if they like Collins it would be b/c he's versatile and can play any LB position and as an edge. I doubt they'd be interested in any prospect that would be seen as an ILB only.

I'd imagine that if they like Collins it would be b/c he's versatile and can play any LB position and as an edge. I doubt they'd be interested in any prospect that would be seen as an ILB only.
:nah::bang:

I don't see RT as a need. I like Hunt there and expect he'll develop into a very good RT. (I like Kindley's potential but he's the one I notice getting beat in pass pro). I have C higher on the need list b/c of the uncertainty with Karras. I hope we resign Karras, but he refused a longer deal b/c he was hoping for a bigger long term deal. He was betting on himself, which was admirable, but with a flat or even dropping salary cap he may not have as many options as he hoped for. Regardless, I hope we resign Karras and draft a C in the first three rounds.

Yeah, he's an OLB, though if he's our only addition this offseason, he'd likely play the role of the MLB in typical sets.

I don’t see how you can project Zaven Collins at inside LB when he did not play inside at Tulsa.

From what I've seen Tulsa typically line up in a 3-4 and he's versatile in their scheme. He seemed to line up ILB more often than not, both strongside and weakside. He also had snaps on the outside as a Sam and rushing as their Jack, so I think we could use him in any of those roles. His size will be important in playing a 3-4 which I'm assuming is the way we're going to go more and more.

Whether they've used him differently in the games you've seen I don't know. But either way he's versatile, he's hugely athletic and seems pretty smart (on paper) from his academic record. Kind of an identikit Flores player.

TK is a free agent and I don't want him back. Draft our new starting center. And then some Oline depth late rounds.
Who do you like at center? Also who are some mid-rounders that could help?

That's a tough decision. Karras does all the little things well, such as communication, that a rookie could struggle with. But long-term drafting a center upgrade makes sense.

I know I'm in the minority on this board, but I want a stud ILB more than anything. Then it's OT, C, WR and RB, and all of those are very close to each other. Then it's S, OLB and Edge.

I know most of you want "playmakers to help tua," and I want a WR and a RB too, but for the team.

Yeah, we've got three rookies on the O Line, and they should get better next season, but if we get a T, then Hunt can go to G. I'd like to see Jackson, Kindley, Rookie/FA, Hunt, Rookie next season, with Davis as the floater backup with Karras or Deiter as backup C.
I'm with you on that. The problem is, I'm not sure there's much after Parsons. I like Bolton, but I'm not sure if Miami will look past his size.

Ideally, Parsons falls to Miami and then the Dolphins go heavy on offense the rest of the draft.

Who do you like at center? Also who are some mid-rounders that could help?

That's a tough decision. Karras does all the little things well, such as communication, that a rookie could struggle with. But long-term drafting a center upgrade makes sense.
If you have time go back and watch some analysis. Even just the Tua ones show just how bad TK is. Its aggravating how much everyone wants a new RT and no one talks about center. TK is having issues all year with snapping, can't handle a bull rush and misses on communication a lot. A competent center instantly makes all the other guys better.

I was all on the Creed wagon last year and that really hasn't changed.

I'll start going further into analysis after the year. I'll be in the draft board to share who I would like as depth and which rounds.

True, it is a pretty good group beyond Humphrey who will likely be a 1st rounder.

They could also look to sign a Vet FA center to replace Karras, who has been no better than average in my view.

I'm with you on that. The problem is, I'm not sure there's much after Parsons. I like Bolton, but I'm not sure if Miami will look past his size.

Ideally, Parsons falls to Miami and then the Dolphins go heavy on offense the rest of the draft.
A few "sleepers" at ILB.

Nate Landman (Colorado)

Micah McFadden (Indiana)

Paddy Fischer (Northwestern)

If you have time go back and watch some analysis. Even just the Tua ones show just how bad TK is. Its aggravating how much everyone wants a new RT and no one talks about center. TK is having issues all year with snapping, can't handle a bull rush and misses on communication a lot. A competent center instantly makes all the other guys better.

I was all on the Creed wagon last year and that really hasn't changed.

I'll start going further into analysis after the year. I'll be in the draft board to share who I would like as depth and which rounds.
Oh, I think we'll need a Center as well.

I generally put one in my mocks and I think there are some nice Centers to be had in this draft. Mostly I've been shopping bargains (I like Lindstrom), but I'd take Humphrey in the second. I think that the 1st round is a bit rich for him however.

Back
Top Bottom