Biggest need in the draft other than WR/RB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest need in the draft other than WR/RB?

Even if the Fins don't know who their C is going to be the blindside protector of their oft injured LEFT handed QB who is the future of the Franchise is inarguably more important.

A Center is a lot easier to find as well.

They could keep Karras, or go sign an FA like Karras or draft one in the middle rounds.

They need a B grade Center to have a strong OL but they need an A grade RT to protect Tua.

You may feel that Hunt is the guy to do that but I do not.You are asking a potential A grade OG to be a B- OT.He does not have to the feet to ever be a truly high caliber OT.

Get one who does and you strengthen TWO OL spots because Hunt is a beast on the inside and that is where I want him.
There is an undertone that I'm glad is minimal which is trying to put forth the argument that this o-line is bad. It just isn't true.

What about if Flores wants to pound teams with the run and give Tua free throwing lanes and room behind the LBs with play action?

If we can develop a line that pounds the other team off of the ball, and a couple of Running backs who can hit those holes quickly... Tua will feast off of play-action. Currently, the other teams just ignore most of it.

Ho hum, they are pretending that they are going to run... yawn.

Yes, I am positive that we'll bring in another WR... likely on day one of the draft, but a solid running game would help Tua more than anything else. It sows confusion in the defense, and Tua can exploit that.

If we can develop a line that pounds the other team off of the ball, and a couple of Running backs who can hit those holes quickly... Tua will feast off of play-action.

As much as I love Najee Harris and have been on his bandwagon for years, I’m starting to believe Javonte Williams fits the mold too.

That kid sees a hole then hits it like a ton of bricks. Seemingly always going downhill. Not very easy to tackle. Looks like he can catch it well too, judging from my limited viewings.

I would say the biggest need is clearly WR.

The inabilty of the Fins WR's to get open and Grant's stone hands prevented Miami from beating the best team in the League last Sunday.

That does not mean that the first pick has to be a WR, far from it.This is a deep and talented WR class and there are a half dozen guys I would be happy with.

A real talent at RB would help as well and loathe as I am to draft them high I might be talked into the Fins using their second 2nd rounder on one.

I would continue to invest in the OL by looking to upgrade RT and C.

A great TE would be nice but is not a need.

On Defense the biggest need and talent at LB.The 1st round might break that way for Miami with Parsons possibly being there with the Houston pick and Collins for their own pick.I am not advocating taking BOTH of them.

I'd like another young S and a true NT but that is further down the need list, Day 3 probably.

I am hoping the Fins can address some of this in FA(maybe C and S) so they will have the luxury to really hone on a few Elite players at positions of need.

Right now I would love to end up with one of Parsons/Collins and one of Smith/Waddle/Chase with the two 1st picks.

If that does not work out I am starting to fixate on OT Christian Darrisaw from Va Tech with the Fins second 1st rounder.I like Mayfield from Michigan as well.

Then in Rounds 2 and 3 you look for LB, RB and maybe C.The value at those positions should fit Miamis needs in R 2(maybe not LB although Surrat could be a steal since he is so new to the position).

A) WR - a WR who can separate and get open on a regular basis. And perhaps double as a PR/KR.

B) RB - a bigger more powerful RB who can wear down a defense and break some tackles. A workhorse type back.

C) LB - a Mike Linebacker who can anchor the defense. Someone who's versatile and can be a thumper in the middle. Someone like Zaven Collins.

D) NT - a true NT with some girth and power to anchor the nose. While Raekwon Davis has shown improvement, it be nice to have some depth. A guy who can be versatile enough to play in odd and even fronts if necessary. Someone like Tyler Shelvin.

E) FS - a bigger more rangy FS to replace McCain. A player who can tackle and is solid in coverage.

WR, RB and Oline. Let build this offense up to be able to compete with KC. Flores has the 3rd ranked scoring defense in the league. How much better does it need to be when we arent losing any critical pieces this offseason? Flores' scheme is good enough that we dont need premium assets on that side of the ball (we already have that premium postion covered with Howard and Jones). The offense with Gailey scheme Im a little more worried about.

I think any defensive pick any the first round would be a "luxury pick".....which goes against conventional wisdom since I want to go heavy on skill players.

DT/NT we could use 1 more guy.Safety we can also use 1 more guy.

Linebacker is definitely a need aswell.1 of 4 picks should be a LB.

WR, RB and Oline. Let build this offense up to be able to compete with KC. Flores has the 3rd ranked scoring defense in the league. How much better does it need to be when we arent losing any critical pieces this offseason? Flores' scheme is good enough that we dont need premium assets on that side of the ball (we already have that premium postion covered with Howard and Jones). The offense with Gailey scheme Im a little more worried about.

I think any defensive pick any the first round would be a "luxury pick".....which goes against conventional wisdom since I want to go heavy on skill players.
The only thing I'll say to counter that is that we've given up 30+ points to all the good offenses Miami has faced this year so far.

I still go heavy on offense but this D is far from the finished product.

The only thing I'll say to counter that is that we've given up 30+ points to all the good offenses Miami has faced this year so far.

I still go heavy on offense but this D is far from the finished product.
Its definitely not a dominating unit. I agree. But its definitely good enough.

Its definitely not a dominating unit. I agree. But its definitely good enough.
Right.

Building a dominant defense is not worth the effort and might not even be possible anymore.

The defense is more than good enough to win big with a better offense to go with it.

Not just scoring more points but holding the ball longer and winning the field position battle.

The Fins D has done well with little help from the Offense, give Tua some weapons and protect him and the D's job will get easier.

They need a quality LB but the emphasis this offseason should be on Offense.

Back
Top Bottom