Bill Parcells says what we need! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells says what we need!

Smoke and mirrors my friends.
Im looking for a skinny runt who calls himself a Kung-Fu master named Leroy Green. Oh you must mena Jr....yeah Junior. Where is he? Dont know, not sure I would tell you if I did. Not sure you would tell me if you did? Tell LeRoy when i missed him I was all broken up!

why is this smoke and mirrors?

what big secret did bill give away there?

seems EVERYONE but fin fans know our offense
is a JOKE. see the bowl last night? see ANYONE
on our team that REMOTELY looks like boldin, fitzgerald
or santonio holmes?

bill doesnt either. and he has been around long enough
to know that you dont win ANYTHING in this leauge when
you can only scounge up around 17 points a game.

wr, rb, oline, we need it ALL!!! none of it makes anyone giggly!

so like i said every team knows we need exactly what parcells
said. he didnt need any smoke and mirrors and didnt give ANYTHING
away.

why is this smoke and mirrors?

what big secret did bill give away there?

seems EVERYONE but fin fans know our offense
is a JOKE. see the bowl last night? see ANYONE
on our team that REMOTELY looks like boldin, fitzgerald
or santonio holmes?

bill doesnt either. and he has been around long enough
to know that you dont win ANYTHING in this leauge when
you can only scounge up around 17 points a game.

wr, rb, oline, we need it ALL!!! none of it makes anyone giggly!

so like i said every team knows we need exactly what parcells
said. he didnt need any smoke and mirrors and didnt give ANYTHING
away.

1) before Randy Moss went to NE, did they have anyone that remotely resembled Fitz, Boldin or even Holmes? Nope. But they managed to win a little, no?

2) we scored over 20 points a game

3) the world champion steelers scored a grand total of 2 points more than us this season.

It could be smoke and mirrors but then again is he wrong? Davone Bess, Ted Ginn Jr., and Greg Camarillo are good players but we lack a true #1. We land a Boldin or a Hakeem Nicks as a #1, Ginn as #2, and Bess in the Slot then we are working with something. We would have to trade for Boldin and I would give up pick #57 but nothing more. Our team would be serious contenders if...

Resigned..
Yeremiah Bell-Strong Safety
Vernon Carey-Right Tackle

Signed..
Bryant McFadden-Cornerback
Karlos Dansby-Inside Linebacker

Drafted
1-Larry English-Outside Linebacker-Northern Illinois
2A-William Moore-Safety-Missouri
2B-Traded for Boldin
3-Antoine Caldwell-Center-Alabama
4-Coye Francies-Cornerback-San jose State
5-Otis Wiley-Strong Safety-Michigan State
7A-Eric Vandenheuvel-Offensive Tackle-Wisconsin
7B-Kaluka Maiva-Linebacker-USC
7C-Edwin Williams-Center-Maryland

Roster..

QB: Chad Pennington/Chad Henne/John Beck
RB: Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams/Patrick Cobbs
FB: Loushaka Polite
TE: Anthony Fasano/David Martin
WR: Anquan Boldin/Davon Bess/ Brandon London
WR: Ted Ginn Jr./Greg Camarillo
LT: Jake Long/Eric vandenheuvel
LG: Justin Smiley/Samson Satele
C: Antoine Caldwell/Edwin Williams
RG: Donald Thomas/Shawn Murphy/ Andy Allemen
RT: Vernon Carey/ Ikechuku Ndukwe
K: Dan Caprenter
P: Brandon Fields
DE: Vonnie Holliday/ Phil Merling
DE: Kendall Langford/Lionel Dotson/Rod Wright
DT: Jason Ferguson/Paul Soliai
OLB: Joey Porter/Cameron Wake
OLB: Larry English/ Charlie Anderson/Matt Roth
ILB: Akin Ayodele/Kaluka Miava
ILB: Karlos Dansby
CB: Will Allen/Jason Allen/Nate Jones
CB: Bryant McFadden/Coye Francies
FS: William Moore/Brandon tolver
SS: yeremiah bell/Otis Wiley

Damn I would be a good GM; that works in the cap too...

7C-

He'll get a WR, but not where you might think he will.

It could be smoke and mirrors but then again is he wrong? Davone Bess, Ted Ginn Jr., and Greg Camarillo are good players but we lack a true #1. We land a Boldin or a Hakeem Nicks as a #1, Ginn as #2, and Bess in the Slot then we are working with something. We would have to trade for Boldin and I would give up pick #57 but nothing more. Our team would be serious contenders if...

then you my friend would not have Anquan Boldin.

There was one chance to get Boldin for that small of a price, and it was during the 2003 draft.

Maybe he could be had for similar cost.....in about 3-4 years.

I'm surprised Parcells didn't say that he identified special teams coverage as the major weakness and that he was going to focus heavily on improving that in the draft and free agency.

Boldin doesn't fit our needs. He is a physical possession receiver who lacks deep speed. He's averaged less than 13 yards per catch for his career. He has greatly benefited by all the defensive attention devoted to Larry Fitzgerald, who is clearly the more dangerous threat. We need a #1 WR who can be physical, and stretch the field.

Something like this.
6'2, 206 lbs, 4.23 40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCm5Uhh6XE&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-rEopKpSs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obhocRay7h4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxiAbDVB9MQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzgh6GzdVVY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7PgcgLyGpU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKNuq7wC5EQ&feature=related

Boldin doesn't fit our needs. He is a physical possession receiver who lacks deep speed. He's averaged less than 13 yards per catch for his career. He has greatly benefited by all the defensive attention devoted to Larry Fitzgerald, who is clearly the more dangerous threat. We need a #1 WR who can be physical, and stretch the field.

Yes...with Chad Pennington as our QB, our biggest need is a deep threat. :rolleyes:

A WR who is as good after the catch as almost anyone in the league would be a horrible thing to pair with the most accurate QB in league history, right?

BTW - While there is no doubt that Boldin benefits from playing opposite Fitz (who wouldn't), he is hardly a product of playing opposite Fitz. If you think he is, please explain his rookie year when he played opposite such 'studs' as Bryant Johnson, Nate Poole and Bryan Gilmore.

101 rec 1377 yds 13.6 avg 8 TD

Yes...with Chad Pennington as our QB, our biggest need is a deep threat. :rolleyes:

Planning around Chad Pennington is being short sighted. He has never played more than 25 games in 2 consecutive seasons. And his lack of arm strength severely limits the running game. Yes, that's right, the running game. Watch the games and count how many defenders are lined up within 6 or 7 yards of the line of scrimmage. It is always at least 8, and often 9 or 10. Until that changes, we will struggle to run the ball. And teams play us that way because they know that Pennington cannot beat them deep. Until our deep passing game is a threat, our running game won't be. Chad Henne will get his chance in 2009, and our plans for developing our roster need to be built around him as the long term answer at QB.

What if the smokescreen is trying to get people thinking its a smokescreen so they'll think completely the opposite of what he says and he actually goes along with what he says?

Back
Top Bottom