Bill Parcells... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells...

Curious; Who will be shocked, and or disappionted if Parcells leaves after the 2009 season, taking into consideration his quote of how he will stay for at least 2 drafts...

FYI, this is not a bash session on BP. so if you intend on bashing BP, please feel free to not post.
It will make my username have far less meaning.

have to respect whatever decision he makes
we'll need three years to rebuild & consistently contend in the NFL
I think he'll see us thru 3 years & maybe even a 4th if the SuperBowl is on the horizon
the Dolphins will be the end of his superb reign in the NFL & his crowning glory
I think he'll want to see this one through, provided his health holds up.
anyway you look at it, his work has been exemplar. thank God we've got him for at least 2009

I wont be surprised at all but one thing he said the other day on NFLN was that this thing is not truly turned around til we are in the playoffs two-three years in a row. He has clearly stated that he would not leave until the coaching and management staff knows where they are going.

Dude loves to play golf. Love it in S florida. Loves the organization and the control he has. His job is basically part time during the season. Tons of money. Why leave? So he can get more money? If for anything...its to retire. He really doesnt need to retire because he is in retirement location right now and his life is made real easy.

The other thing is that he starts something and has not finished. I think this time he would like to go out with something to show for it.

I also would not be surprised if he stays his entire contract.

Curious; Who will be shocked, and or disappionted if Parcells leaves after the 2009 season, taking into consideration his quote of how he will stay for at least 2 drafts...

FYI, this is not a bash session on BP. so if you intend on bashing BP, please feel free to not post.

the more i have been finding out jeff ireland the less i worry. Bill has put all the peices in place and we will be fine for the coming years. If you go back and research who Jeff Ireland wanted in previous dallas drafts and compare it with parcels you may be surprised. The fins will be fine with or without parcels in the coming years.

I wouldn't be shocked by him leaving before, during or after the season but rather would expect it. The guy never stays anywhere.

Wait, thats isnt true IMO... for example
than for Saban... Realistically, you cannot compare Saban to ANY Miami Dolphins head coach... or like I said, to every minimal head coach in (not only NFL), professional football history

You know someone that likes Wanny??

If he leaves that is ok with me. At least we will have had hi for tww seasons and he has put Miami back on the right track. My hope would be that the rest of the front office stays together. But over all I am thankful for everything he has done for the dolphins these two years.

Wait, thats isnt true IMO... for example there is MUCH MUCH more love for Wanny than for Saban... Realistically, you cannot compare Saban to ANY Miami Dolphins head coach... or like I said, to every minimal head coach in (not only NFL), professional football history

I think your reaction to Saban proves my point. He was loved that first year, now he's hated. I don't care about the reasoning, my point was that whomever gets mad love on this board almost always gets a ton of hatred at the end.

I think your reaction to Saban proves my point. He was loved that first year, now he's hated. I don't care about the reasoning, my point was that whomever gets mad love on this board almost always gets a ton of hatred at the end.

hes not hated because he went 6-10 in his second year, he is hated because of how he left.. In some cases the hatred you speak of is or is not warranted, in Saban's case, it is warranted 100%

PLEASE let this matter rest......Even "IF" he did decide to leave,there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING anyone can do about it......except suck it up,and move on.....GEEEESH!!!!!!!

I would have been shocked and disappointed if he walked after the 2008 season. However, if he leaves after two years of giving his input and building the team, I wouldn't be as upset. I would be sad to see him leave, and while having him a third year would be a great resource, I trust that Ireland and Sparano can run this team themselves.

Instead of speculating on something down the road we can't control, lets just enjoy every day that Parcells is here helping build this team.

I'm actually surprised he's still here, given the outclause in his contract. At the very least, I expected him to take $$$, then renegotiate with Ross.

PLEASE let this matter rest......Even "IF" he did decide to leave,there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING anyone can do about it......except suck it up,and move on.....GEEEESH!!!!!!!

:lol2: I knew there would be at least one :up:

hes not hated because he went 6-10 in his second year, he is hated because of how he left.. In some cases the hatred you speak of is or is not warranted, in Saban's case, it is warranted 100%

I'm well aware of that. As I stated before I don't care about the reasoning, I'm just looking at the behavior. Parcell's will be hated by those that love him now. It never fails on this board. You've missed the point I was trying to make about posters on here that often go from one extreme to the other.

Back
Top Bottom